AQo in CO vs unknown

literally villain's first hand at the table. i don't think i like flatting with three people still to act giving them a great chance to squeeze. i've got 23 BBs so not sure if a push is best.

i'd like to hear your comments for preflop play and post flop as played. thanks.

[FONT=&quot]PokerStars Hand #86629925257: Tournament #617010577, $50+$5 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XVIII (500/1000) - 2012/09/23 19:01:41 ET
Table '617010577 225' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: NA_OPITE (43599 in chips)
Seat 2: lizardfish88 (64114 in chips)
Seat 3: minex22 (33400 in chips)
Seat 4: wyteeee11 (27806 in chips)
Seat 5: kingsofcards (53679 in chips)
Seat 6: iliasstyle (44877 in chips)
Seat 7: m_dolens (23431 in chips)
Seat 9: Gigacide (13628 in chips)
NA_OPITE: posts the ante 125
lizardfish88: posts the ante 125
minex22: posts the ante 125
wyteeee11: posts the ante 125
kingsofcards: posts the ante 125
iliasstyle: posts the ante 125
m_dolens: posts the ante 125
Gigacide: posts the ante 125
NA_OPITE: posts small blind 500
lizardfish88: posts big blind 1000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to m_dolens [Qd As]
minex22: folds
wyteeee11: folds
kingsofcards: folds
iliasstyle: raises 1500 to 2500
m_dolens: raises 3000 to 5500
Gigacide: folds
NA_OPITE: folds
lizardfish88: folds
iliasstyle: calls 3000
*** FLOP *** [2d 2c Jc]
iliasstyle: bets 4500
m_dolens: ?[/FONT]

Comments

• If you flatted pre what range do you put a squeezer on?
    If you 3 bet what range do you put a squeezer on?

How many bbs do you have get down to this before its an unequivocal shove for you?
    At that stack size (where AQo is a for sure shove) what other hands would you shove? Which would you still 3bet?

What range do you have villain 2.5xing pre?
    What do they call a shove with?
    What do they call your 3bet with?

What do you think they lead flop with?
    Postflop how much money is in the pot?
    What are our pot odds if villain had shoved? How much equity would we need to call?
    Do you have fold equity post flop?
  • darbday wrote: »
    If you flatted pre what range do you put a squeezer on?

in a tournament at this buy-in? i honestly am not sure. if i had to guess i'd say TT+ AQ+.
    If you 3 bet what range do you put a squeezer on?
    again, if i had to guess QQ+ AQs+
    How many bbs do you have get down to this before its an unequivocal shove for you?
    Probably around 15BBs.
    At that stack size (where AQo is a for sure shove) what other hands would you shove? Which would you still 3bet?
    Probably TT+ AQ+.
    not sure what you mean by the second question here. if i'm short and shoving, i'm probably not 3betting anything here.
    What range do you have villain 2.5xing pre?
    honestly, no idea. first hand he played. if i had to guess it could be 77+ AT+ any broadway, probably some decent suited connectors also.
    What do they call a shove with?
    JJ+ AK
    What do they call your 3bet with?
    again, tough question since i haven't seen villain play a single hand but i'd assume most of his range calls. maybe some lower connectors drop out and maybe some lower broadways like QJo
    What do you think they lead flop with?
    overpair, top pair, middle pair (pocket pair he's holding), club draw might donk out. since it's a mostly not scary flop he could donk with almost anything in his range i guess. i'm really not great at dealing with donk bets.
    Postflop how much money is in the pot?
    ummm...do i really have to give you this info?
    approximately 13600.
    What are our pot odds if villain had shoved? How much equity would we need to call?
    i'd have 17800 left and he has me covered. he shoves flop which makes pot 31400 giving me better than 2 to 1.
    Do you have fold equity post flop?

i don't think so no.
  • I shove here most of the time. Anything 25bb or less which I don't mind getting it in I'm just shoving under normal circumstances. This includes AA KK QQ
  • Great answers, lots of info here i think!
    trigs wrote: »
    in a tournament at this buy-in? i honestly am not sure. if i had to guess i'd say TT+ AQ+.
    So with the extra blinds from the 2.5x stack, we would be happy to call off vs a squeeze. You have to always remember to add a little bit of air in villains ranges. Randoms won't even be quite this tight.
    again, if i had to guess QQ+ AQs+
    So we would be less happy to get it in vs this tighter range, so your 3bet effectively lost you value from squeeze bluffs. I'm not suggesting to just flat and call always here, but we would rather encourage a light squeeze than a squeeze with a 4bet range (because we 3bet).
    Probably around 15BBs.
    My shove range vs min raise is about 20bbs with antes, vs a 2.5x its going to be 25-30bbs. But thats just generally I will break the rules for certain reasons.
    Probably TT+ AQ+.
    not sure what you mean by the second question here. if i'm short and shoving, i'm probably not 3betting anything here.
    Thats fine you understand the question, sometimes we can 3bet AA and KK small if the initial raiser is weak and will flat oop.

Its not a good idea however if he'll call your shove with 99, but check fold a flop if you 3bet with AA or KK etc.
    honestly, no idea. first hand he played. if i had to guess it could be 77+ AT+ any broadway, probably some decent suited connectors also.
    Your general guess is a good starting point and a more +ev guess than most players .
    JJ+ AK
    So this means we have a lot of fold equity to a shove.
    again, tough question since i haven't seen villain play a single hand but i'd assume most of his range calls. maybe some lower connectors drop out and maybe some lower broadways like QJo
    That seems about right, we don't expect him to fold a lot, which means we are going to be seeing a flop with out having a good handle on his range (but we do have initiative).
    overpair, top pair, middle pair (pocket pair he's holding), club draw might donk out. since it's a mostly not scary flop he could donk with almost anything in his range i guess. i'm really not great at dealing with donk bets.
    I think thats fair hes gonna have a lot of lower pairs, broadways, flush draws, and air. I think regardless of how much equity we have its a lot, we might be behind his range but never by a lot.
    ummm...do i really have to give you this info?
    approximately 13600.
    haha ya, well really its a question we need to ask in this spot, all these questions are.
    i'd have 17800 left and he has me covered. he shoves flop which makes pot 31400 giving me better than 2 to 1.
    So even if he shoved its a clear call.
    i don't think so no.
    Theres ALWAYS fold equity < ^ ^ >
  • from replies, it seems that i may be playing too tight in some late game situations i think.
  • The king once told me he NEVER folds aq, ive made so much chips from that little bit of advice in the last month or so its unreal