Poker Tracker?

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where this is available ?

Thanks

Biggy

Comments

• What is it?
  • www.pokertracker.com

You can use the software for free to try it out. You can download the full version for free and use it up until you have 1000 hands in the database. Then you will need to purchase a registration code (i.e. a password) to unlock it if you'd like to use it beyond the 1000 hands. I believe it's currently $55 US.
    What is it?

It's a program that compiles and manages a database of the hands you have played online by extracting information from hand histories. It gives you lots of useful information about the data too.

I have purchased the full version myself, and I'd highly recommend it. Plus, it's free to try out, which is nice because then it's easy to decide for yourself. 8)

ScottyZ
  • i also purchased the tracker awhile back...i used it for awhile
    not sure how much it really helped..
    one thing i found was that when i lost with over half of the AA's i played i took terrible beats.
    fun to look at and if you go in depth they give hand and player stats for everything. plenty to analyze, but i waste time at the online tables instead.
    Kev
  • Do you have to input all your hands or does the tracker somehow do it automatically?
  • Do you have to input all your hands or does the tracker somehow do it automatically?

It automatically reads hands from your hand histories.

The basic way to do it is to request an email from your online poker site with the hand histories you want after (or during) each online session. Then, Poker Tracker can either read them from your email program (e.g. Outlook) directly (that's the easiest way I think), or it can also read hand histories from a text file.

Poker Tracker cannot automatically read hand histories from web-based email, such as Hotmail or Yahoo.

Also, Poker Tracker only supports the larger online poker sites. (I believe Party, Stars, Paradise, and Ultimate Bet)

ScottyZ
  • Poker Tracker cannot automatically read hand histories from web-based email, such as Hotmail or Yahoo.

This is not totally true. Poker Tracker will download hand histories off a POP3 server and you can configure your Yahoo account to be POP3 accessible. The poker tracker doc says it doesn't work for hotmail or yahoo simply because the author doesn't want to deal with the support hassle of teaching clients how to configure yahoo to be a pop3 server.

I use my yahoo.ca acount and have poker tracker download automatically from it.

BTW, Scotty, stop telling people how great poker tracker is. Soon everyone will be using it. :D
  • This is not totally true. Poker Tracker will download hand histories off a POP3 server and you can configure your Yahoo account to be POP3 accessible

Okay, good point. Yes, Poker Tracker can read POP3 mail. I didn't know you could set up Yahoo to do that.
    BTW, Scotty, stop telling people how great poker tracker is. Soon everyone will be using it.

I have no problem with this. Maybe the low-limit players will finally see how much of a rock I am and start respecting my bets. Nah... :)

Hehe, seriously though, I think Poker Tracker is a tool that good players can use, but bad players will find almost no use for at all. It's like a scalpel. A well-trained doctor can use a scalpel as a tool in performing cutting-egde surgery. But a person with no medical training will probably just hack the patient to bits. That is, it's not going to help someone who doesn't already know what they're doing.

Also, no matter how much I (or anybody) recommends learning about poker (books, software, videos, lessons) there will always be loads of people who are too cheap, lazy, apathetic, don't think it's fun, etc to learn about poker.

Besides, Kenny Rogers has already let this cat out of the bag:

So I handed him my bottle and he drank down my last swallow.
    Then he bummed a cigarette and asked me for a light.
    And the night got deathly quiet, his face lost all expression.
    He said: "If you're gonna play the game, boy, you gotta learn to play it right."

ScottyZ