Fun PFC hand. SickCards vs Grinder at PCA

This is a fun hand between Todd (SickCards) and the Grinder at PCA. Guess it aired last night, missed it but got link. His bust vs Ramdin also in here.

4:30ish to 7:00 for some 4 bet post flop action though

PCA 2012 ME ep4 - Free Poker Videos - Watch Poker Videos for Free

Comments

• Greenstein, what a luck box.
  • well played sickcards!
  • Grinder can play for sure.

But something just really, really bothers me about him.
  • He's a super nice guy, almost a poker robot though. A few members know his agent and Deepstacks owner Chris Torina. Grinder is really easy going and never snobby, which is more than I can say for many players half as good as him.

My wife has a running joke about calling him her boyfriend and at the break of the final table of the 50k she gave him a little squeeze. He just laughed, good sport about his fans obv. Unfortunately, he's also a force to be reckoned with and nobody I know is particularly fond of bieng seated at his table. Watched him play live several times, stone cold beast.

He'll bust you with his king high and be right far more than wrong.
  • Yeah probably that.. I was going to say he is an alien just in human form or something but Robot works better.

Maybe it's because I think he looks a little bit like JRB who I just loathe.
  • Macke wrote: »
    Yeah probably that.. I was going to say he is an alien just in human form or something but Robot works better.

Maybe it's because I think he looks a little bit like JRB who I just loathe.

My wife would beat you for that statement lol. Yes, his head always seems to be in the game and he's always in a game, so you pegged that.

Even this hand is good example of his skill though. Todd 4 bets and even though grinder is low, he folds his 3 bet. Only reason Todd shoves so fast is a) hand he was hopping to rep (leave his line explanation and reverse tells up to him) and the fact most players don't fold after they "click it back" and commit so much of their stack. Grinder puts him on set of sevens, but really there are a ton of hands he could be holding. This is after a lot of action between the two, the element that gets lost in TV editing.
  • Your wife is a fan of JRB?

I'm sorry.
  • Lol. When you are someday punished, don't say I didn't warn you...