check my line - how would you play this?

how would you have played this hand? not sure i liked my line.

PokerStars - $2+$0.20|20/40 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: PokerTracker

BTN: 4,895.00
Hero (SB): 4,655.00
BB: 3,835.00
UTG: 5,460.00
UTG+1: 1,390.00
MP: 9,200.00
MP+1: 5,100.00
LP: 4,050.00
CO: 5,560.00

Hero posts SB 20.00, BB posts BB 40.00

Pre Flop: (60.00) Hero has Js Jh

fold, fold, MP calls 40.00, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 160.00, BB calls 120.00, MP calls 120.00

Flop: (480.00, 3 players) Td Jc 8c
Hero bets 240.00, BB calls 240.00, MP calls 240.00

Turn: (1200.00, 3 players) 3c
Hero checks, BB checks, MP bets 200.00, Hero calls 200.00, fold

River: (1600.00, 2 players) Ad
Hero checks, MP bets 480.00, Hero calls 480.00

MP shows Jd As (Two Pair, Aces and Jacks) (Pre 30%, Flop 4%, Turn 0%)
Hero shows Js Jh (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 70%, Flop 96%, Turn 100%)
Hero wins 2,560.00

Comments

• flop lead is good

c/c turn and river is wat.jpg
  • I'd re-pop pre, depending on table image / villain blah blah.

As played, when he comes along on the flop, i bet the turn too.

Mark
  • costanza wrote: »
    flop lead is good

c/c turn and river is wat.jpg

in case you needed clarification

Wat8.jpg?1315930535
  • On the turn I'm bet/getting it in for value vs 2 pair hands, sets, combo straight draws, bw with 1 club flush draw etc. Sometimes you get it in vs a flush but you have outs now, so in that way its better here than the river.

Also we're worried the river is a 4th club or a counterfeiting pair, or straight card which will scare away your action.
  • thanks. yeah i figured i played it too passively.
  • I don't hate your line at all, probably what I would do without reads, both turn and river completes draws and conserving stack is fine
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I don't hate your line at all, probably what I would do without reads, both turn and river completes draws and conserving stack is fine

that's what i was looking to do. it's only second level of blinds with tons of play left. i didn't need to play/win a huge pot so i thought i'd try some pot control and just look to chip up a bit. however, after the hand i felt like i had left some value out there.
  • trigs wrote: »
    that's what i was looking to do. it's only second level of blinds with tons of play left. i didn't need to play/win a huge pot so i thought i'd try some pot control and just look to chip up a bit. however, after the hand i felt like i had left some value out there.

you only felt that way cause he hit a 1 outer you could get value from, and followed it up with a river coolering him even harder, you can't very well put him on tptk when you're holding two of the jacks :P and that leaves a lot of draws and bluffs calling your cbet
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    you only felt that way cause he hit a 1 outer you could get value from, and followed it up with a river coolering him even harder, you can't very well put him on tptk when you're holding two of the jacks :P and that leaves a lot of draws and bluffs calling your cbet

that's true rich. thanks.