should phil ivey embrace the 'embassador of poker' persona?

i'm curious as to what you guys think about ivey and his 'snubbing' of the media and such this year. he's obviously always been pretty quiet and it is known that he does not like talking to the media and dealing with all that crap. however, since he is (or at least considered) the best poker player alive right now, do you think he should be trying harder to promote poker in general and make himself available to the public?

personally, i could care less if he plays up to the media or not. i actually kind of like the way he conducts himself. apparently he has his own trailer on the lot that he immediately goes to when he busts so no one can bother him.

as someone who would hate to be famous and have to deal with constant strangers bothering you, i for one would definitely act like ivey in his position. not to mention, it does kind of create a mystery and awe around the guy as well. thoughts?

Comments

• I also didn't know Ivey was 'snuffing' the media this year. I recall him talking in front of the camera a number of times.

I think overall it's a nice balance to say Negreanu's constant chirping. If there is some noted camera "withdrawal" this year gotta think Full Tilt is a factor.
  • literation wrote: »
    I also didn't know Ivey was 'snuffing' the media this year. I recall him talking in front of the camera a number of times.

I think overall it's a nice balance to say Negreanu's constant chirping. If there is some noted camera "withdrawal" this year gotta think Full Tilt is a factor.

there was some article about how it has been declining interviews with everyone this year. it also talks about how he does know the other big name pros and such. i'll try to find it.

here:
    http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news/13541-phil-ivey-dominant-but-aloof-toward-the-poker-community
  • Eh screw Ivey.

Great player but just everything else..meh.
  • Macke wrote: »
    Eh screw Ivey.

Great player but just everything else..meh.

No.

just no.
  • He conducts himself with enough class that he CAN do this if so he chooses, no one thinks it bad.