Options

Video: Joda's Homework

Just some hand history shoving homework on 10 or so hands , talking about adjustments vs different types of players. These hands are all before the money. I'll prob do a vid the same way with ICM spots soon.

Still don't know how to embed vids

https://vimeo.com/44082218

Comments

• More videos? Yes please!:)
  • philliivey wrote: »
    More videos? Yes please!:)
    weeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

But you still haven't convinced me you watched this one though? ???
  • darbday wrote: »
    weeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

:-\

:arghh:

I watched, u really should do more.

Start a joda bux series and make ppl pay :laugh:
    :wink2:
    weeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

True dat well I returned to the wsop and a return to online is imminent :).

If you do a series covering a lot of topics I have no problem shipping you $$$.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    True dat well I returned to the wsop and a return to online is imminent :).

If you do a series covering a lot of topics I have no problem shipping you $$$.

Christ.
    Just some hand history shoving homework on 10 or so hands , talking about adjustments vs different types of players. These hands are all before the money. I'll prob do a vid the same way with ICM spots soon.

Still don't know how to embed vids

https://vimeo.com/44082218

Thanks for the vid. I would definitely watch one with ICM spots too.
  • literation wrote: »
    Thanks for the vid. I would definitely watch one with ICM spots too.
    coo, i've been saving hh's to make a vid on defining opponents mistakes first, it will outline a concept I think a lot of players don't think of.

I'll expect you to pay me as much as Philly
    coo, i've been saving hh's to make a vid on defining opponents mistakes first, it will outline a concept I think a lot of players don't think of.

I'll expect you to pay me as much as Philly

I recall a point in the video where the analysis showed a 0.03 -ev outcome. Is this correct recollection and did you say this is too large an error to tolerate? If so, I think I know the reason but want to verify. Feel free to PM me too if that works better.
    I recall a point in the video where the analysis showed a 0.03 -ev outcome. Is this correct recollection and did you say this is too large an error to tolerate? If so, I think I know the reason but want to verify. Feel free to PM me too if that works better.
    I'm not sure which part you are talking to, if you can find the actual video time I can answer that. .03 isn't a giant error but it might be depending on how many other errors it reps.

For example if nash says to only push A7 or better and we push A2 which it says is a -.030 mistake. But if we push A2 we are also pushing A3(-.31) A4(-.32) A5(-.33) A6(.34)......so our total mistake by pushing A2 is actually all these mistake put together.

So the ev number isn't as imporant as all the mistake hands our one mistake represents. If you understand that, thats what I was calling JodaBux. IMO its huge for players understand JodaBux.

I know that the last hand was off a little as far as the adjusting went but I kept it in as a prelude to icm play. I vaguely remember a mistake in my presenting it but I can't remember what it was.

Nonetheless post your reasoning here, I'm not worried about being wrong the discussion is good.
  • My reason err possibly just analogy is borrowed from software development or rocket launches. Let's see if I have any clue on the former, basically a small mistake in the beginning of the cycle can be a very large mistake at the end of the cycle. The minor calculation error at launch could put a rocket far off course of the intended target.
    A small coding error, (and one possibly fixed before release with little cost) later on could result in high number of product returns or support calls.

A small mistake of 0.03 over 10000 SNGs could turn a profitable player into a break even player or a break even player into a losing player.

But now I'm seeing it might not just be the cost over a year, or some long period of time, because I don't / didn't understand the math. This:

"For example if nash says to only push A7 or better and we push A2 which it says is a -.030 mistake. But if we push A2 we are also pushing A3(-.31) A4(-.32) A5(-.33) A6(.34)......so our total mistake by pushing A2 is actually all these mistake put together. "

is more like a compound error? It's the sum of all the errors...in the chain?

I'll have to find the time of the video, that will be my homework for now.
  • Oops I thought you meant you saw and error in my analysis.

Yes you have 2 understandings i think

first that small number over the course of 24 tables 5days a week 8 hours 365 days is huge! But I'm interested in clearing up any mistake.

2nd. Yes if we know we are shoving A2 and only A7 is +ev (correct) then we can deduce that we are making even more mistakes with a3-a6

sometimes a mistake will be -0.1, however it will only be one hand.

Example:
    you shoved k9o but you should only shove Kto, but you would never shove k8o.....

but sometimes a mistake is only .05, but it represents you shoving alot more 'mistake hands'

Example: you shoved 22 for (-.04) mistake.... but you should only have shoved 66 so you pay for the mistake of 33(-.03), 44(-.02), and 55 (-.01)

I hope this is what you were asking, if it is, then you just got your jodabux belt
  • Thanks this is helping me. The topics from today are blending for me now because I recall a large way I approached chess was, whoever makes the biggest mistake loses or whoever makes too many small mistakes loses. To me, this doesn't mean play passive or only defend but some attacks need to be recalled or in some pots on some streets not 1 more chip should be put into the middle.

In the video, I didn't see any mistake in analysis - not even sure I could spot a mistake yet - but the timing is 43:00 That's an easy entry point. At 43:23 EVDiff% -0.03 appears so while the video was interesting this part made me pause and think about the effect of even small errors.
    Thanks this is helping me. The topics from today are blending for me now because I recall a large way I approached chess was, whoever makes the biggest mistake loses or whoever makes too many small mistakes loses.
    Ya your gonna really dig my next vid on what a mistake is. I mean we all know what a mistake is but I think I can show it in a way many players don't pick up on. And its certainly mathematical so we will be able to see how a computer picks it up and adjusts to opponents mistakes.

I can't get the replayer to work but if I figure it out I'll do it tonight.
    To me, this doesn't mean play passive or only defend but some attacks need to be recalled or in some pots on some streets not 1 more chip should be put into the middle.
    yes
    In the video, I didn't see any mistake in analysis - not even sure I could spot a mistake yet - but the timing is 43:00 That's an easy entry point. At 43:23 EVDiff% -0.03 appears so while the video was interesting this part made me pause and think about the effect of even small errors.
    Ah yes I didn't realize it was a calling example (but it doesn't matter).

If it helps to say this too, we can 'undercall' as well, which means we miss +ev spots.

For example: say we fold KJo (but we would call with KQ or better)

If nash says we are supposed to call with JT or better.....well then we miss every +ev hand from JT-KJ.

So folding KJ is a small mistake but it represents folding every worse hand because won't fold with KJ but call QT.

Warning: I haven't really bounced this off a high level player that 'knows' but I think once you get what I'm trying to say its self explanatory....but in my opinion a persons concept of shoving/calling goes through the roof.
  • Preflop mistakes villains make and how and why we profit on them....

https://vimeo.com/44913652

Philli owes me 4 bux now.
  • There are many people I'd be very curious to hear their response to this 2nd video's concept. For some its just obvious, but it was one of the fundamentals I was missing not too long ago and I'm now just starting to sharpen it.

I had to redo the vid but I think I got it correct this time. I think Sklansky's definition is slightly misworded and I'm starting a petition to change it ^-^

If it helps to say this too, we can 'undercall' as well, which means we miss +ev spots.

For example: say we fold KJo (but we would call with KQ or better)

If nash says we are supposed to call with JT or better.....well then we miss every +ev hand from JT-KJ.

yes I've likely left a pile of money on the table over the years
    yes I've likely left a pile of money on the table over the years
    boom pancakes!!!
  • Forboon and I have spent alot of time together on the game of poker, he coached me on theory, playing in position, ranges and more... and one of the biggest leaks he plugged for me was my pre flop ranges, almost instantly turning me into a winning player.

I suggest all players watch this video and understand the fundamentals of having a sharp pre flop range, and if you have any questions at all, or don't understand something to ask him, because he will explain things in a way that you understand.

Great video and great refresher for me
  • costanza wrote: »
    Forboon and I have spent alot of time together on the game of poker, he coached me on theory, playing in position, ranges and more... and one of the biggest leaks he plugged for me was my pre flop ranges, almost instantly turning me into a winning player.

I suggest all players watch this video and understand the fundamentals of having a sharp pre flop range, and if you have any questions at all, or don't understand something to ask him, because he will explain things in a way that you understand.

Great video and great refresher for me
    Glad you watched and dug it, I wasn't applying this concept back then as well as I am now. But as I get a strong grasp on it (some will laugh and say dude thats just poker!) a lot of things are falling into place postflop etc.
  • damn I knew I was tight but didn't realize I was uber nit tight. great discussion of your calling process! this is what most vids never talk about,

moar1.jpg

if you have time :)
  • I have time this week will like do flop textures/cbetting, and the explanation of my min raise folding thread.