final 4 tables big $22 AJo squeeze facing 4b from lag HS Reg

Villain is playing very LAG, had 3b/called off ATo into AQ 25ishbb effective (he had his opponent covered)...

I have a pretty tight image (as usual) but squeezes from the btn rarely get respect, can I 3b/get it in vs him?

[converted_hand][hand_history]Poker Stars, $20 Buy-in (3,600/7,200 blinds, 900 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 9 Players
Poker Tools

MP3: 453,015 (62.9 bb)
CO: 233,840 (32.5 bb)
Hero (BTN): 233,839 (32.5 bb)
SB: 277,888 (38.6 bb)
BB: 409,736 (56.9 bb)
UTG+1: 118,713 (16.5 bb)
UTG+2: 387,155 (53.8 bb)
MP1: 251,876 (35 bb)
MP2: 224,586 (31.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A:club: J:diamond:
3 folds, MP2 raises to 14,400, MP3 calls 14,400, CO folds, Hero raises to 46,800, 2 folds, MP2 raises to 223,686 and is all-in, MP3 folds, Hero ?

Comments

• In my experience, no one online 4 bets light, especially all in. I think you could have achieved the same result with a smaller 3-bet, say to 29-31K and it looks like you don't mind a call, making it look stronger.

I understand the situation with you on the button. It looks like a squeeze, to someone paying attention but I tend to play these situations more straight forward. If he is good enough (see crazy) to 4-bet me light in this spot, good for him, well played.

I fold.
  • 3B size is huge lol, 3 way tho so I don't mind it if we were in the blinds,but on the puck we can make it smaller and play IP... However...

What's his HJ flatting/jam to 3b range? it's TIGHT , especially if it's a reg... pairs, AQ+ he's never really flatting worse to the open ever, a 3b would scare me less then this flat....the best we are ever doing is flipping, otherwise crushed

I fold as well and feel ok about it, always better spots and u got 25+ beibers so u are all gootz, but I still like the 3b for metagame and defending your position , next time u will have it and villain will get pwned :arghh:
  • costanza wrote: »
    3B size is huge lol, 3 way tho so I don't mind it if we were in the blinds,but on the puck we can make it smaller and play IP... However...

What's his HJ flatting/jam to 3b range? it's TIGHT , especially if it's a reg... pairs, AQ+ he's never really flatting worse to the open ever, a 3b would scare me less then this flat....the best we are ever doing is flipping, otherwise crushed

I fold as well and feel ok about it, always better spots and u got 25+ beibers so u are all gootz, but I still like the 3b for metagame and defending your position , next time u will have it and villain will get pwned :arghh:

I think you mis-read the hand. Jammer was the original raiser (MP2), MP3 called the original raise but then folded to MP2 shove.
  • I usually size smaller tbh (usually never more than 3x ever lol)....with the flatter who was a huge fish I sized a bit bigger though, but w/ the flatter I prob woulda made it at least like 38k anyways
  • LOL

hand reading WHEN baked for the first time in a while is HARD

:arghh:
  • costanza wrote: »
    LOL

hand reading WHEN baked for the first time in a while is HARD

:arghh:

I figured as much. :)
  • Pretty sure you're crushed.

But then again times like this confuse me...see a number of people do the same thing with a bloody king 7..although a lower buy in than this..still annoys me.
  • Yeah, can't emphasize enough how much of a lagtard this guy has been, but I'm pretty sure in general he's a very good reg/capable of a lot.
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    Yeah, can't emphasize enough how much of a lagtard this guy has been, but I'm pretty sure in general he's a very good reg/capable of a lot.
    ha ok I was about to call a foul on you for the misuse of the lag tag...if hes that lag then its just a question of whats the best way to 3bet here, or maybe thats what you're asking.

Just a side note make sure hes lag from ep/mp too. But coming from the position of six max utg there's gonna be plenty of hands he'll fold to a ship or 3bet . I imagine you don't need much fold equity if any if you had aqo, so ajo and ATs (have blockers too) are likely plus ev+... could prob go lighter.

If you want to induce a light 4bet here you have to bet a size you can 3bet/fold to, I'm thinking your to short at 30bbs to rep that. But he doesn't really need to be light here to get it in.

I think whatever gets the most fold equity here is best. Sometimes i'll bet 200,000ish/call vs certain regs :confused: there are a few that will just insta call me when I do it though

this hand is prob just a std ship tho?

edit: even though in this hand villain 4bets, you still gained from his folds even though he didn't fold this time.
  • Macke wrote: »
    Pretty sure you're crushed.
    Poker isn't just a game of are we crushed tho...sometimes we are getting such a good price we should get it in anyways. The math to decide that is tricky in some spots.
  • Ok ya I see what you're saying, ty for the detailed reply:)
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    Ok ya I see what you're saying, ty for the detailed reply:)
    you still need someone to double check im not talking spewtarded ^-^