Brad Booth Scammer

Brad Booth outed as a scammer on 4....Booth's response here

- - YouTube

I will say, good on him for owning it.........but obv should never happen.

Comments

• I especially like when he promises to not 'degen' in the pit, or booze it up.......until he pays everyone back

At which point, I assume, he'll go back to being the same degen drunk?

I only wish he would have said he blew it on hookers and blow, that would have been the only acceptable excuse.
  • yeah, he needs to stop gambling completely
  • I would put him on next year's DP for sure. Sad . . .
  • He's a loser, degen, poker playing gambler. I would be more impressed if he just went away and ten years from now it came to pass that he left the cards behind and took up a real job and had paid off his debt.

Otherwise, same sh!t.

this apology of his is lamesauce and in the only currency he has an abundance of...meaningless words.
  • alcoholic with gambling problem?

10%!
  • Seriously though, he needs to check into AA then GA then stop playing poker and live a happier life. Also, lol at anyone who lent him 30k. Lol more at him saying he would offer the people he owes money to a staking deal...if this is his solution to what is going on he really needs a friend or relative to slap him into reality and help him straighten up his life.
  • He's a loser, degen, poker playing gambler. I would be more impressed if he just went away and ten years from now it came to pass that he left the cards behind and took up a real job and had paid off his debt.

Otherwise, same sh!t.

this apology of his is lamesauce and in the only currency he has an abundance of...meaningless words.

Ain't no "real job" gonna pay off those debts in 10 years.

Just post his picture and story up everywhere there are morons with more money than sense so I don't have to hear these sob stories again.
  • Hadn't been on 2p2 in ages, but just thought I'd add this thread for all of those on here that think most live tv pros aren't degen scumbags:

Erick Lindgren Owes Over $100,000 for Fantasy League, Won't Pay - Poker News - News, Views and Gossip
  • So . . . is HVEE related to Yukon Brad? Lindgren, maybe?
  • Don't know much about the guy.. but from what little I read.. sounds like he just blew the 30k on blackjack and roulette?

Sad to see someone basically have it all for a while then just piss it all away.

But then seems like he'd have plenty of backers and had what did he say he had? 50k So he shouldn't have needed that 30k ...right scumbag I guess.
  • degens gonna degen
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Hadn't been on 2p2 in ages, but just thought I'd add this thread for all of those on here that think most live tv pros aren't degen scumbags:

Erick Lindgren Owes Over $100,000 for Fantasy League, Won't Pay - Poker News - News, Views and Gossip

Dear HVEE....
  • I think I remember watching an old High Stakes Poker season where Booth sat down with a million bucks in chips. Geez....
  • SuperNed wrote: »
    I think I remember watching an old High Stakes Poker season where Booth sat down with a million bucks in chips. Geez....

Heard that was Guy Laliberte's mooolah....rumor has it he was dropped after this move with it:

High Stakes Poker - Brad Booth vs Phil Ivey - YouTube
  • lol guy laliberte is in no position to drop anyone based on their play of poker

yukon brad used to b a legend

striaight up shame hes gotten into this position after having the world by the azz
  • Seems like this would be a good thread to ask so anyone got 30k to loan me?
  • Ok. I need to chime in one this one. I have known Brad for about 4 years now. We used to talk often enough and as a person, he reminds me much of the best friend i ever had growing up.

He is friends with other of my friends. Yes, I have seen borrow on a few occasions and he has been quite honest about his situation. He has a problem and he has been on a downward spiral for the past few years, nobody will deny that. I think we all friends like this.

He introduced me to quite a few people I may never had have the privilege of meeting otherwise. When he came to town, once just out of nowhere, he took the wife and I out for a very nice dinner on him, just to catch up. He taught her to play Chinese with Alex Wice and helped resolve a disagreement with another high profile player I was having, just because I asked for his help. He has never asked for anything and actually put me inthe position to make some cash with his contacts.

I am not going to say his actions are excusable, but like many addicts, I think that much of his self respect is gone. Desperate people do desperate things and they usually have to answer for them, sometimes in very unpleasant ways and this shame is certainly the least of how bad outcomes could be. Gambling and winning big is the only way he could possibly get out of this situation, he quit school to become a poker player. Even a 100k a year job, pretty decent pay by most standards is not going to fix this. I don't know what options he has, quite frankly I hope he finds some.

The money we all seen him gambling on TV was Guy Lalibrates. He made some mistakes and it was "deal off", he has public ally admitted this and what happened, but I still think Guy would call him a friend.

The childhood friend I spoke of in the beginning is dead now, he either overdosed accidentally or committed suicide, his mother really didn't say when she noticed my vehicle in town and dropped by my parents house. That same friend robbed my parents and believe you me, that was taken care of on a personal level. He had problems and was just a soul that never could fill a void. He took jobs, tried to work hard and stay on he straight and narrow, but it just never seemed to work. With that said he was the one friend that would have pushed me out from in front of a bus or fought ten guys with no hope of winning if I needed it.

In many ways, I think Brad has the same triaghts, take money out of the equation, his addiction, and he is big hearted and loyal guy. His actions are inexcusable, but remember he is human. He may never make good on this, but there are many others out there that aren't high profile that have done much worse. And trust me, from my own knowledge and not hearing Directly as a sob story about it from him, he's been screwed hard by a few people he's helped (and we aren't talking UB), as well.

I sincerely hope Brad's situation ends much differently.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Heard that was Guy Laliberte's mooolah....rumor has it he was dropped after this move with it:

He was dropped because Guy asked him not use his stakes online. He continued to do so, trying to recover the shit kicking he was taking while being super used. He broke that trust and lost his backer. But he also made sure to look after Guys interests in gambling world, make sure he was not taken by everybody.

Kinda catch twenty two but though I think i heard Guy was a bit pissed at the gamble he took here, it was also part meta game.

Players made hero calls for years after, not wanting to get "Phil Ivey'ed" and that part of this gamble seemed to make sense. He knew everybody would see this, and regardless of how the hand ended it was going to be plus EV.
  • jontm wrote: »
    Ok. I need to chime in one this one. I have known Brad for about 4 years now. We used to talk often enough and as a person, he reminds me much of the best friend i ever had growing up.

He is friends with other of my friends. Yes, I have seen borrow on a few occasions and he has been quite honest about his situation. He has a problem and he has been on a downward spiral for the past few years, nobody will deny that. I think we all friends like this.

He introduced me to quite a few people I may never had have the privilege of meeting otherwise. When he came to town, once just out of nowhere, he took the wife and I out for a very nice dinner on him, just to catch up. He taught her to play Chinese with Alex Wice and helped resolve a disagreement with another high profile player I was having, just because I asked for his help. He has never asked for anything and actually put me inthe position to make some cash with his contacts.

I am not going to say his actions are excusable, but like many addicts, I think that much of his self respect is gone. Desperate people do desperate things and they usually have to answer for them, sometimes in very unpleasant ways and this shame is certainly the least of how bad outcomes could be. Gambling and winning big is the only way he could possibly get out of this situation, he quit school to become a poker player. Even a 100k a year job, pretty decent pay by most standards is not going to fix this. I don't know what options he has, quite frankly I hope he finds some.

The money we all seen him gambling on TV was Guy Lalibrates. He made some mistakes and it was "deal off", he has public ally admitted this and what happened, but I still think Guy would call him a friend.

The childhood friend I spoke of in the beginning is dead now, he either overdosed accidentally or committed suicide, his mother really didn't say when she noticed my vehicle in town and dropped by my parents house. That same friend robbed my parents and believe you me, that was taken care of on a personal level. He had problems and was just a soul that never could fill a void. He took jobs, tried to work hard and stay on he straight and narrow, but it just never seemed to work. With that said he was the one friend that would have pushed me out from in front of a bus or fought ten guys with no hope of winning if I needed it.

In many ways, I think Brad has the same triaghts, take money out of the equation, his addiction, and he is big hearted and loyal guy. His actions are inexcusable, but remember he is human. He may never make good on this, but there are many others out there that aren't high profile that have done much worse. And trust me, from my own knowledge and not hearing Directly as a sob story about it from him, he's been screwed hard by a few people he's helped (and we aren't talking UB), as well.

I was actually quite disturbed by his video, he is clearly at the end of his rope. I called my girlfriend to the computer to watch it after watching the first few seconds. It is good he did come clean and clearly has remorse so it isn't like he's just some prick saying screw everyone. Hopefully things do work out, but getting out of the poker/gambling world completely is probably best. His idea about being staked for the WSOP and paying everyone back kind of shows he still doesn't quite get it. Very sad state, I wish him luck.
  • I say take his last 300 and press it 10x, problem solved, lol.

Just joking Brad! You'll get'er back!
  • jontm wrote: »
    he took the wife and I out for a very nice dinner on him, just to catch up.

I am not going to say his actions are excusable, but like many addicts, I think that much of his self respect is gone.

Gambling and winning big is the only way he could possibly get out of this situation, he quit school to become a poker player.

a. HE did not take you out to a nice dinner, ducy?

2. if you cared about this guy and understand anything about addiction then you would never want to see him play a hand of poker again...he requires intensive inpatient treatment at an addiction facility

iii. obv the only solution to this is to have a judge decree that he should be Guy Laliberte's butler and have Guy pay off all the debt
  • T8urmoney wrote: »

lol, I think this hand was the first thing that went through my head when I was considering how far Brad had fallen and how laughable it was that people thought many of these tv pros were playing with their own manies
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    a. HE did not take you out to a nice dinner, ducy?

2. if you cared about this guy and understand anything about addiction then you would never want to see him play a hand of poker again...he requires intensive inpatient treatment at an addiction facility

iii. obv the only solution to this is to have a judge decree that he should be Guy Laliberte's butler and have Guy pay off all the debt

A) I ducy, because I believe you are saying it was not his dime to treat with
    In principle yes, but I more pointing out that he treats people like he would like to be treated. He always asked me how my life was as first words out of his mouth, never snubbed a person or acted all A list

B) I do believe I understand addiction, I haven't drank a drop in more than ten years because of what I stood to lose. I never got a DUI or anything of that nature, but it was clear it was heading that way. Thankfully I had people who cared enough to tell me how it was. A couple of AA meetings were powerful enough. The thought of losing my wife and kids sealed the deal. Yes there are times where the choices are cut and dry and this seems to be one. Quit now or lose it all.

I totally agree with the point you are making, I just can't logically find a way that he could make back enough to cover his depts in real life. Gambling isnt real life. If he walks away starts a new life, I believe that would be best for Brad but not his creditors. He doesn't gain back his self respect or reputation and stays "empty". I worry if he can handle that, his actions seem to indicate it is not an option. I don't know the answer to this. One thing that does stand out is that in all this he has never denied a debt. He carries it on his shoulders. He may try to come up with a way to borrow from Peter to pay Paul, I have never heard of him saying he doesn't owe. So obviously his intentions are there, his execution Obviously in over his head.

C). I don't Think you are being serious
    on this one. Don't have a reply.
  • brad booth is scum and always has been from what ive read about him

its great that ppl like him and that he buys ppl's dinner (lol) , but at the end of the day, these words he's speaking doesn't mean jack shit until he pays ppl back, I really don't give a rat's ass how pathetic and hopeless he looks and feeling sorry for himself on fucking youtube is l-o-l

i suspect BB is the "acquaintance" of DN that "will take a long time to see any money, if any"

1) guy was an idiot to loan BB 30K on lock LOL WAT
    2) BB's you tube video was hilarious/pathetic
    3) UNTIL HE PAYS PPL BACK HE'S THE NUT WORST, AND THERE SHOULD BE NO GOOD LIGHT SHINING ON HIM BECAUSE HE DOESN'T DESERVE IT. it doesnt matter that he has a wimpy bullshit youtube video out there imo
  • costanza wrote: »
    brad booth is scum and always has been from what ive read about him

its great that ppl like him and that he buys ppl's dinner (lol) , but at the end of the day, these words he's speaking doesn't mean jack shit until he pays ppl back, I really don't give a rat's ass how pathetic and hopeless he looks and feeling sorry for himself on fucking youtube is l-o-l

i suspect BB is the "acquaintance" of DN that "will take a long time to see any money, if any"

3) UNTIL HE PAYS PPL BACK HE'S THE NUT WORST, AND THERE SHOULD BE NO GOOD LIGHT SHINING ON HIM BECAUSE HE DOESN'T DESERVE IT. it doesnt matter that he has a wimpy bullshit youtube video out there imo

tell us how you REALLY feel :D
  • costanza wrote: »
    brad booth is scum and always has been from what ive read about him

Actually, DON'T tell us . . . this drivel was more than enough. Having worked with someone who is in recovery at a former job, you do not know what addiction does to people, what kind of a grip it can take on you. Either that, or you are the protoypical "reformed smoker" who forgets what it was like, and just will not tolerate that kind of weakness in others.

Go away . . .
  • that video was just so pathetic that i actually feel that he really has a problem and he's not just a scammer deadbeat out to steal people's money.

but i still think he's a douche.
  • I watched a few minutes, had to turn it off. He really seems to need help but dollars won't do it.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    tell us how you REALLY feel :D

im just so sick of hearing "big time" names giving poker (one of the things I love most in this world) a bad rep

it's so rare to hear of good stories and good people anymore

in the big picture, the past year+ all there has been is negativity in the poker world, it's so hard for me to defend the game and the people in it to people that ONLY hear bad things happening in the game (FTP, EL, BB, other stupid stuff that gets the media's attention) and never anything positive and good.

nothing against BB in particular per se, I know there's bound to be mixups/mistakes, but at a time of the year where poker is supposed to be a celebration (WSOP going on) there should only be positive vibes and good stories going on, not ridic youtube videos and sob stories about gambling/drinking addictions.

The game is tough to defend to start with, stories like this coming out makes it even harder. That's my REAL problem.