Event# 5 Live Stream

Negreanu headlines this final table for Pot Limit Holdem.

2012 World Series of Poker - Live Video Stream

Comments

• Man, watching this final table, the amount of rivers, giving guys the miracle card, is so gross. DN just lost AQ vs AJ AIPF, board ran out:

T - Q - 9 - 2 - K

so sick. Online players who keep insisting its rigged, need to watch the coverage of the WSOP.
  • Heh yep:

Jonathan Aguiar jokingly said, "Rigged! Who do I call to report this?' as Vedes collected the chips, upping him to 600,000, while tabali drops to the short stack at 66,000.

Read more: Live Reporting | 2012 World Series of Poker | Event 5: $1,500 Pot-Limit Hold'em | PokerNews
  • What is the issue over verbalization? I missed the start of that bit . . .
  • new WSOP Rule this year. At final tables you must Verbalize your action
  • Everything?!? So if I put my stack in without saying, "all-in" it doesn't count? Or do I get penalized?

Also, if the players have to verbalize everything, what is the point of the idiot with the mic?
  • You would still be all in ad probably receive a warning and if it were to happen again you will most likely receive a penalty.

This is just for the final tables
  • Still . . . seems like a bit of a silly rule. Has it been THAT much of an issue? Not sarcasm, truly puzzled . . .
  • sigh

cant believe im with milo on something, but i r confus with the wsop rules for FT's

idk why its any different, and if it has to be, why is announcing your actions one of them? its sfobv what is going on

players voices cracking is def a tell, even something like clearing your throat is a tell

what about the europeans and other countries where english isnt first language?
  • It does seem silly. We're lucky english is basically lingua franca. Unfortunately those Euros have to learn the terms, like when a person who doesn't speak french says j’adoube while playing chess.
  • it has something to with the live streaming of all final tables
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    it has something to with the live streaming of all final tables

wsop FT's should be about the poker, not the audience imo

ah well..

when i final table one of my events this year, ill announce loud and proud for u fellas ^-^
  • i agree that this is a stupid rule change and really it just puts certain players at a disadvantage because not all of them are used to speaking while playing.
  • This is a pet peeve of mine. Why is it so hard to say what you are going to do ? The amont of confusion at the tables is ridiculous. Short raises, single large demon chips thrown in, handful of chips grabbed but only half of them placed on the felt.

A player should make their intentions verbally known prior to any other action they make on their turn.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    This is a pet peeve of mine. Why is it so hard to say what you are going to do ? The amont of confusion at the tables is ridiculous. Short raises, single large demon chips thrown in, handful of chips grabbed but only half of them placed on the felt.

A player should make their intentions verbally known prior to any other action they make on their turn.

not sure if verbal declarations will make up for the idiocy of the average person.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    This is a pet peeve of mine. Why is it so hard to say what you are going to do ? The amont of confusion at the tables is ridiculous. Short raises, single large demon chips thrown in, handful of chips grabbed but only half of them placed on the felt.

I agree with you, to a point. If I grab my handful of chips, as the short stack, and put them all in the middle, do you really need me to announce "all-in" to know what I am doing? Same with throwing out 1 large denom chip . . . it's a "call". Having to announce your actions can lead to information being given. My response to this rule would be to yell every damn time. That way, I am in compliance, and no info. can be gleaned. Fortunately for everyone's eardrums, that is never going to happen. Ching Hill, you are warned against a rule like this.
  • just because you pick up a big handful of chips that happens to be all your chips and put them in the middle, to the other players at the table may not know that is actually all your chips, as your other hand could be blocking view, and other players arms/hands could be blocking the view from in front of you.

Also at tournaments like the WSOP it will be very unlikely that you will be able to pick up all your chips in one hand or even two hands and put yourself all in.

I like having to announce All In especially at tournaments at the WSOP. Also with this new rule of announcing your bets ect at the final table will speed the game up as the players will not have to ask "how much is that?" while they are trying to decide if they call that raise or not.

How many times have you seen in your local game that someone announced call, but didn't realize there was a raise since nobody verbally announced and just threw out a couple of chips for a raise?

But it is really not fair to compare this new WSOP rule to your local game as by far the money involved in each is to different
  • +1 to djgolfcan.

I say raise, call or fold before making my move and announce bet.
    I try to take same amount of time in each hand. Robotic works best for me in not giving tells
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    just because you pick up a big handful of chips that happens to be all your chips and put them in the middle, to the other players at the table may not know that is actually all your chips, as your other hand could be blocking view, and other players arms/hands could be blocking the view from in front of you.

Also at tournaments like the WSOP it will be very unlikely that you will be able to pick up all your chips in one hand or even two hands and put yourself all in.

I like having to announce All In especially at tournaments at the WSOP. Also with this new rule of announcing your bets ect at the final table will speed the game up as the players will not have to ask "how much is that?" while they are trying to decide if they call that raise or not.

How many times have you seen in your local game that someone announced call, but didn't realize there was a raise since nobody verbally announced and just threw out a couple of chips for a raise?

But it is really not fair to compare this new WSOP rule to your local game as by far the money involved in each is to different

i will accept that I am NEVER playing at a tourney like the WSOP, and that I have been guilty myself of calling a raise that I "missed" when it occured. But the guys on the final table seemed to think it slowed down things a bit, and I assume they are all "pros" who are not first time WSOP participants. It would be interesting to see what the consensus is.

Just for clarification: does a player have to say "raise" and then the amount of the raise as well? Because I can see the other side, where a player says, "raise 10k", and the next to act asks, "10k on top, or 10k total?"

As I said, it's not likely to ever effect me personally, and it applies to all so it is fair, I just think it is more of a niggling thing than a serious issue. but what the hell do I know? :-X
  • Here it is, retweeted by WSOP

@JonAguiar @wsop @wsoptd why are you the only one who cries all day every day about everything Adapt and stop sounding like a complete bitch
    Retweeted by WSOP
  • The retweet by wsop was definitely uncalled for.

As for the announcing what your intentions are, based on the dealer who is supposed to be controlling the action and knowing all the rules I don't see why we need this.

If its truly to keep the game moving and make it more interesting at the final table, don't have such a shitty production on the internet and it would engage the avg player a hell of a lot more.

And to add to that, if you have made the FT I am pretty sure you know how to play poker so your opponent really doesn't need to announce their actions.

Its purely from a live streaming/audience standpoint. Poker is boring to watch hand for hand but its something you do to support your friends and fellow players you are rooting for.

There is truly no way to make live poker exciting for the avg viewer without hurting the integrity of the game. It is what it is.
  • verbalization rule for final tables has already been removed according to pokernews. too many players hated it. can't say i'm surprised in the least.