back in the Netteller, Western Union days...did you ever

Did anyone else ever deposit on PokerStars using Western Union?

My first deposit I remember running to Safeway, sending cash to Jose somethingoranther in Costa South America somewhere and having it in my account a few hours later...

How times have changed. Eventually Netteller was my method and I prob would have been hooked on Stars if that didnt get axed.

After that, just seemed like to much of a hassle

Thinking about the Western Union deposit kinda makes me laugh, it seemed so back room and exciting at the time

Comments

• Western Union? Always reminds me of my wedding reception. A friend was working in the Arctic at the time and could not make it. But he sent a telegram . . . remember those? . . . to be read by the Best Man. Couple years later they announced that the last telegram had been sent, and shut everything down. Still have the papers, somewhere . . .
  • Telegram i don't remember, but i did have a pager...

I didn't feel like I was getting old until a few weeks ago when my son was watching a movie and asked me seriously "Dad, how did rotary phones work?"
  • Many years ago, I was reffing a hockey game. Between periods, I'm standing in the penalty box, grabbing some water, talking with the time keeper about awesome cartoons when we were kids. His son looks at me and says "What's a Smurf?" My first official tilting moment.
  • I remember when moonpies were a nickel
  • . . . and everyone tied an onion to their belt, because that was the style at the time.