Advice for this late stage tournament

So tomorrow is a final for a little bar league I play in.

There are 24 players left and I sit 3rd with 1.3 million in chips.

There are around roughly 18 million chips in play and tomorrow when play starts blinds I believe will be 20k/40k or 25k/50k antes do not start until final table.

My playing style I think I'd describe it as loose and aggressive (however the image I have there with most people there is a rock I believe) But I do feel I still sometimes mouse it up and get rather scared of possible monsters in the dark... like last week I made a play.. in the end it worked out and I doubled up but feel I should have played it different.

Looking at my table off the top of my head I can't picture many of them either.

So umm.. tight while trying to steal blinds?

Guess I know what I should do.. but i always seem to get away from it once I sit down.

Comments

• Maths is hard.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    You have 200 BBs. You dont have to do anything you don't want to do.

try again
  • math is fine.. i just hate Science.. ugh.

Think im going to get some greasy KFC before cards in the air.

Or some Chinese.
  • Macke wrote: »
    math is fine.. i just hate Science.. ugh.

Think im going to get some greasy KFC before cards in the air.

Or some Chinese.

Don't forget the toilet paper.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2
  • If it was for luck I'd win them all....tonight anyway >_>

Here's a question.. when I got knocked out there were some pretty big cheers in a negative way for me..how exactly should I take that? ???
    If it was for luck I'd win them all....tonight anyway >_>

Here's a question.. when I got knocked out there were some pretty big cheers in a negative way for me..how exactly should I take that? ???
    Start flipping tables. lol jk.
    If it was for luck I'd win them all....tonight anyway >_>

You mean the other players don't like you? Why?
  • maybe its dem cankers!?
  • dem cankerz... :laugh:

to answer your question, late game if im hugely stacked, I will open and 3 bet atc until someone plays back at me, scooping all the dead chips when ppl are being tight as hell is very +EV

some times, ill nit a sweater like my grandma and play PREMIUMS ONLY.

depends on table dynamics, your stack, perceived image, etc....
  • Yeah.. like I didn't play like I said I was.

It was a very loose table.. and obviously not the most skilled game (With me being there of course =P)

On the button I called someones all in with ducks on the button... he had 200 left? So yeah I made that call... I dealt him an ace on the river.. great. (he had ace 8) knew we were flipping but damn why it always be on river?

The hand I went out on was actually very silly of me but I was still ahead.

I on the button and King Queen suited... there was one limper so far and I raised to 160.. the BB and limper called.

Flop was Queen Jack, 9 rainbow.

BB checks, limper bets 200 and me for some reason decided to go all in for 700 total or so.

BB folds and Limper calls and says.. I uhh need the king for a straight or something...(for 3 seconds i'm like...WHAT he called me with a gutshot and is drawing dead? yay!) turns out he has queen 10....and I promptly give him a 8 on the turn.

So what is this? Play bad, Get in with the best of it, run bad?

EDIT:: Obviously he wasn't drawing dead .. table did say they threw the other Kings away..though.
    My playing style I think I'd describe it as loose and aggressive (however the image I have there with most people there is a rock I believe)

How is this possible?!?
  • So that guy whose queen 10 beat me last night just cracked my AQ with A8 and my A8 with 8 7 (on a straight).. I couldn't even take him out back and kick his ass because he is a 75 year old man and that would be wrong.

IS THERE NO JUSTICE?

im going to bed
    So that guy whose queen 10 beat me last night just cracked my AQ with A8 and my A8 with 8 7 (on a straight).. I couldn't even take him out back and kick his ass because he is a 75 year old man and that would be wrong.
    Likely would be the other way round... He beat you on the felt then beat you in the alley? >:D
    GTA Poker wrote: »
    graphs?

starting to sound familiar? :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    Likely would be the other way round... He beat you on the felt then beat you in the alley? >:D

starting to sound familiar? :)

Probably lol.

He came in 3rd good for him.. sigh I probably could have made final table just by folding everything..why didn't I do that? oh well..next time.
    Probably lol.

He came in 3rd good for him.. sigh I probably could have made final table just by folding everything..why didn't I do that? oh well..next time.

You want to make final table or win?
  • literation wrote: »
    You want to make final table or win?

yeah make no mistake I want to win of course.. that was just the disappointment talking and coming up empty handed.