What do you think he had?

Ok, so a game of poker at the pub so not the most serious intense game (though you wouldn't think of it the way some people react over a 5 dollar poker game...though to be fair I get pissed off on smaller games though thats online...weird)

So here we go blinds are 2/4 and my stack is 64.. I am in the BB and had just finished eating my free steak sandwich with some of the best pub fries ive ever had.

I have queen 3 off and check my option

the Flop is queen, 3, 4 rainbow and I lead out for 4.. UTG min raises to 8 and other dude calls..... now I think something like "omgomgomgihavetwopairimnotgoingtoslowplaylolololololol"

I decide to raise it to 22 total...UTG thinks for a moment and goes all in and has me covered.

Now this isn't he most serious game..maybe 15 players tonight so I don't know how much something like this could really help.. but w/e.

A big problem of mine (in just well about everything) is that I usually expect the worst..so I hear I thought he flopped a set of 4s..not sure what else he would be doing that with..maybe something like aces or kings and trying to protect but if he had that he would have raised pre.

I did make the call and will post what happened after a couple replies.

Comments

• Q4 soooted

Mark
  • Just read over this again.

Didn't see the 15 players, thought it was a cash game. Sit'n go I presume? So 7-8 players at your table, how many limped in pre?
  • there were.. two limpers and the SB called.
  • First of all I am never raise folding 1/3 of my stack here, its push or fold and I lean toward pushing, If he has a set of 4's so be it, you do have the 2 Q's as out's.. If he has the set it's just a cooler... He very easily could have done this with Q good kicker, especially in a bar league..
  • compuease wrote: »
    First of all I am never raise folding 1/3 of my stack here, its push or fold and I lean toward pushing, If he has a set of 4's so be it, you do have the 2 Q's as out's.. If he has the set it's just a cooler... He very easily could have done this with Q good kicker, especially in a bar league..

pretty much this, he could even have worse hands than Q's depending on player. I'm not folding ever so I don't really care if I'm beat and basically I don't even really care what he has after making my move :P I'm waiting on you to humour me though OP ^^'
  • He had Queen Jack off

I got countered when a 4 came on the river.

other guy says he was up and down with 5 2 and the 6 did come on the turn.. and he kept asking me why I repoped it.
  • Macke wrote: »
    He had Queen Jack off

I got countered when a 4 came on the river.

other guy says he was up and down with 5 2 and the 6 did come on the turn.. and he kept asking me why I repoped it.

haha, I love the "but...but I would've won if I had stayed in with my runner runner gutshot T___T" guys

unlucky about the hand though, not much else you can do
  • Don't be results orientated... ever.... You got it in good as a 71% favorite, can't do much more than that..