Options

whats the bottom of our range?

im going out tonight and im gonna hit the hay early for a big sunday tomorrow so im playing some 180 mans

Poker Stars, $2.28 + $0.22 NL Hold'em Tournament, 125/250 Blinds, 25 Ante, 8 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP1: 626
MP2: 5,195
CO: 2,546
Hero (BTN): 4,108
SB: 2,322
BB: 1,524
UTG: 2,096
UTG+1: 570

Pre-Flop: (575) 2heartnormal.gif 7clubnormal.gif dealt to Hero (BTN)
5 folds, Hero raises to 4,083 and is All-In :-\

spewy?

i should be suited here tho ??

been a while since ive grinded turbo's, just wondering if im an idiot or not

Comments

• no no, give yourself room for error.....if you fold 72o its only 1 hands worth of a mistake (you can pretty much always fold it and its not a big jodabux mistake)....just shove anything decent.

Something like this maybe...?
    Attachment not found.

This is just a hh to enter into nash
  • I would not steal here - the extra disequity when called really hurts. If SB or BB or both played overly tight you can make the argument, but not absent reads.
  • darbday wrote: »
    no no, give yourself room for error.....if you fold 72o its only 1 hands worth of a mistake (you can pretty much always fold it and its not a big jodabux mistake)....just shove anything decent.

Something like this maybe...?
    Attachment not found.

This is just a hh to enter into nash

i forgot about this thread

isnt it atc 10bb effective?

can we not profitably shove any 2?

i forget... :-[
  • I'm probably around 50% here
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I'm probably around 50% here

that's probably a pretty good range- im def wider than that, i just dont know where to cap it off at

i can remember us doing maths not to long ago , and somehow we came to the reasoning that atc is a profitable shove, i just cant remember how many beibers effective it was, i thought it was 10 but maybe im wrong

everyone at my table was like wtf u just shoved 72o and got there (bb woke up with QQ) but i said "that was std" and they were laughing at me :mad:

i honestly thought it was but now im not sure...
  • costanza wrote: »
    that's probably a pretty good range- im def wider than that, i just dont know where to cap it off at

i can remember us doing maths not to long ago , and somehow we came to the reasoning that atc is a profitable shove, i just cant remember how many beibers effective it was, i thought it was 10 but maybe im wrong

everyone at my table was like wtf u just shoved 72o and got there (bb woke up with QQ) but i said "that was std" and they were laughing at me :mad:

i honestly thought it was but now im not sure...

wether it's true or not when they laugh at you
    don't
    fucking
    say
    it's
    standard
    especially not if it is
  • Robbing is always great but more based on your other hands too what you show, if all you have shown is AK os or better when shoved then, they might think you actually have it. If you are showing more hands, its more automatic with a big ace to take a race against a guy just thinking he is pressuring.
  • here is the hand I defaulted everyone who folded to having 1000 chips because they don't matter.

HoldemResources.net: Beta ICM Nash Calculator

nash say 43% at default but the sb is calling 29% and the bb 52%

if you adjust them to sb calling 26% and bb 37% nash will say shove 64%

if you adjust them to sb calling 22% and bb 30% its gonna be any two

thats sb calling most aces, most broadway and any pair...and the big blind calling slightly more than that.

You never really have to shove 72o because its really only 1 hand combination worth of a mistake if you fold because its pretty much the nut low.... but if you fold say K7 and you are supposed to be shoving any two than you make a mistake of not shoving all hands from k7-72o and thats a big mistake