How many tourneys should I play?

I am just wondering what you guys think is a good number of tournies to play at a level before I get a good feeling if I'm too good for that level or not?

Currently I'm playing 0.10 SnGs and I've played about 300 of em and have dominated earning a 30% RoI. Do you think I should move up or maybe play til 500 or more or what?

Comments

• what's your bankroll?
  • There are a number of threads on here with great info on bankroll management.

I just did a quick search for them as well. Go to the search tab, but click on advanced search. Change the toggle to 'thread title only' and add bankroll management. I came up with a ton of information.

Good luck. $0.10 SNG's must be brutal all in fests.
  • currently my bankroll is 7.24$.

And ya they are pretty brutal... dont even have to play a hand to get itm, lol.
  • anywhere from 50 to 100 buy-ins for a level is customary. personally, i like to have 100 buy-ins before moving up to a level but i do take shots and i tend to play between two buy-in levels.
  • ArcherT86 wrote: »
    I am just wondering what you guys think is a good number of tournies to play at a level before I get a good feeling if I'm too good for that level or not?

Currently I'm playing 0.10 SnGs and I've played about 300 of em and have dominated earning a 30% RoI. Do you think I should move up or maybe play til 500 or more or what?

prolly a few thousand I'd work at increasing tables before moving up
  • well I decided to move up 2 levels... I was dominating the .10 level and the .25 level with over 30% RoIs through about 300 tourneys. I'm at the .50 level and not doing as well with only a 7% roi through 320 tournies.
  • Are you related to Hobbes?
  • Hobbes as in Calvin and Hobbes?
  • ArcherT86, do NOT play those super-ultra-mega-micro stakes... You'll develop bad reflexes and you don't learn that much even if you play over 500+ tourneys and have a 30% ROI... Start Playing at least 2$ with a 200$ BR if you can
  • ArcherT86 wrote: »
    Hobbes as in Calvin and Hobbes?

Hobbes as in resident CPF Nit.
  • moose wrote: »
    Hobbes as in resident CPF Nit.
    Don't forget his official title...
  • Yeah but then OP would think I was calling him an asshole.

Where is Hobbes ITT anyways? Must be busy playing 25 $1 turbos simultaneously or something.