Options

:|

I don't mind playing the 3bet pot oop but I'm not a fan of blowing a 100 bbs stack off into qq, ako. Villain is slightly winning, and a 180 man reg. Likely know im capable of lots of stuff but I'm sure I look like i have a hand here.

villain is running 11/8, 4% 3bet, 30% steal. over 2k hands

but 3bet folding ak is against my rules ???

Poker Stars, $50 + $5 NL Hold'em Tournament, 25/50 Blinds, 8 Players

CO: 5,555
BTN: 3,085
JodaB. (SB): 5,108
BB: 6,573
UTG: 2,550
UTG+1: 1,958
MP1: 1,936
MP2: 465

Pre-Flop: (75) Aheartnormal.gif Kclubnormal.gif dealt to JodaB. (SB)
4 folds, CO raises to 125, BTN folds, JodaB. raises to 275, BB folds, CO raises to 595, JodaB :-\

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Also different villain, 88 percent fold sb to steal over 1k hands.....

Poker Stars, $50 + $5 NL Hold'em Tournament, 150/300 Blinds, 25 Ante, 9 Players

MP2: 13,873
CO: 3,950
JodaB. (BTN): 13,096
SB: 19,721
BB: 8,245
UTG: 15,941
UTG+1: 8,588
UTG+2: 9,750
MP1: 4,992

Pre-Flop: (675) 9spadenormal.gif 9clubnormal.gif dealt to JodaB. (BTN)
6 folds, JodaB. raises to 610, SB raises to 1,650, BB folds, JodaB ???

Spoiler:
calls 1,040

Flop:
(3,825) 4h 7d 3s (2 Players)
SB bets 2,639 ?

Comments

• 5 bets to pancake
  • costanza wrote: »
    5 bets to pancake
    seven bet calling it off then?
  • if he 6 bet crams, u are probably drawing to 3-6 outs at best, so thats an easy fold

your 5b puts him in a suuuuper tough spot and he will lay down AK,AQ, JJ and mayyyybe even QQ if he's competent enough, obv he's never folding kings or aces and obv he's never flatting for 25% his stack

after over an hour of thought, im still not sure if my post makes sense, but i will say, especially of late, ive learned to lay down many bb decisions early, and that includes laying down QQ early.. just find better spots late, especially with your shove/fold skillz
  • flat pre in first one is pretty easy....if your 3 betting its because you want to be 4 bet so you should be 5 betting......
  • 2nd one I'm 4 bet getting it in
  • flat pre in first one is pretty easy....if your 3 betting its because you want to be 4 bet so you should be 5 betting......
    ya i actually thought you were 5betting getting it in, I just couldn't get myself to do with with so many chips....but I would def like to flat.

2nd one I'm 4 bet getting it in
    I can't comprehend that but I was sure its what you and Rich would say and do.

costanza wrote: »
    if he 6 bet crams, u are probably drawing to 3-6 outs at best, so thats an easy fold

your 5b puts him in a suuuuper tough spot and he will lay down AK,AQ, JJ and mayyyybe even QQ if he's competent enough, obv he's never folding kings or aces and obv he's never flatting for 25% his stack
    Think about this...in your quote here, you never bring your ako to showdown...do you? If villain won't see our hand....why not raise fold carrots...and just flat ako

costanza wrote: »
    that includes laying down QQ early..
    don't fold queens:-\
  • I know it sounds redic but a couple sundays ago i got real frisky with queens in the first couple levels and got raped, its a fold we gotta consider early for heaps and heaps of beibers

AK is the most over played hand in the history of poker, nothing wrong with flatting and seeing what happens
  • Because this is steal resteal hot four bet you can profitably get it in here. Five bet folding is not a good idea because if he has played QQ or JJ this way he is not going to fold them.
  • Meistro wrote: »
    Because this is steal resteal hot four bet you can profitably get it in here. Five bet folding is not a good idea because if he has played QQ or JJ this way he is not going to fold them.

AK is a shoving hand. You better shove AK (with FOLD EQUITY) in this spot, and perhaps make villain fold 1010-JJ-QQ, rather than calling.