Options

55 nightly, all streets?

Not really any previous action..betting bigger on the flop might be best but I'm thinking I'm getting check raised by sb's premium's a decent amount, and its not really a drawy board.

When he check raises the turn I'm really just thinking AcKc AcQc KcQc??? Maybe turned a set?

Poker Stars, $50 + $5 NL Hold'em Tournament, 15/30 Blinds, 9 Players

BTN: 2,200
SB: 3,685
JodaB. (BB): 2,485
UTG: 3,225
UTG+1: 2,720
UTG+2: 3,690
MP1: 3,750
MP2: 2,675
CO: 2,960

Pre-Flop: (45) Tclubnormal.gif Theartnormal.gif dealt to JodaB. (BB)
6 folds, BTN raises to 60, SB raises to 180, JodaB. calls 150, BTN calls 120

Flop: (540) 4diamondnormal.gif 5clubnormal.gif 2spadenormal.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, JodaB. bets 210, BTN calls 210, SB calls 210

Turn: (1,170) 8clubnormal.gif (3 Players)
SB checks, JodaB. bets 480, BTN calls 480, SB raises to 3,295 and is All-In, JodaB ???

Comments

• sick spot
  • that's probably a checkable board for aa kk, that said people with big ego's think they can rep the world just cause they 3 bet so I don't see how I could fold with ak aq and random club combos in there

A8 is a possibility also
  • Just smells bad really, SB has something really crushing you 44 or worse A3 of hearts....The button has something in a range of queens jacks, maybe 9s.....thats a tough fold but play the next one you got screwed I think.
  • naked aces arent in his 3b range from the SB

actually none of those hands are lol

he has a set i think
  • 44 is a set, about the Ace thing Sb could have been trying to assert himself as well, its a good hand to do that with, "Not really any previous action" its a good time to start your image...never know, TT is possibly crushed is what I was getting at.

That and worse off I am leaving out 67 off suit when he over calls but the 3 bet hopefully removes such from the equation.
  • if Im leading flop and getting 2 callers and then deciding to lead turn I'm gonna fold to the raise everytime. I feel like the reason for our lead is to lose the minimum instead of c/c turn and river. This is a no brainer fold and really isn't even close to a sick spot imo. If you called and somehow you were ahead well I'm guessing you weren't ahead by that much and with this line you will rarely be ahead at all.
  • if Im leading flop and getting 2 callers and then deciding to lead turn I'm gonna fold to the raise everytime. I feel like the reason for our lead is to lose the minimum instead of c/c turn and river. This is a no brainer fold and really isn't even close to a sick spot imo. If you called and somehow you were ahead well I'm guessing you weren't ahead by that much and with this line you will rarely be ahead at all.

how is it not a sick spot?

semi dry board with an over pair is tough to let go, but yeah, villians line is way to aggro for us to be good here the majority of the time
  • costanza wrote: »
    naked aces arent in his 3b range from the SB
    you don't know what random peoples 3betting ranges are
    costanza wrote: »
    he has a set i think
    no...he has a range
  • ty forboon, to clear it up, probably sadly crushed!!

Sick not really, just sucks to be there!
    overpairs always suck to fold, its easier to put the spin on that your TOO tight for the game.
    this is what i feared was true...i did feel by leading i could cut out some premiums from his range cause he would check raise them a lot and timing tells (i was 1 tabling) really made me think he didn't have a made hand on the flop and that he somehow hit the turn....i figured he hit a draw but regardless his value range crushes my hand too much to think a flush draw with 2 overs would make things okay :|

do you check call flop or anything else different other than just folding?
  • I do not like a flop fold, and I probably would'nt do it either, you might have saved chips.

You raise here, at best you get 67 to muck "maybe", everything else probably ships, then you snap fold and have lost more.
  • still not completely convinced that betfolding turn saves chips for us. I'd be more worried if the button shipped than the SB cause the hands I expect SB to show up with is flopped sets, exactly aa kk and a bunch of stubborn "but I 3bet pre" spew shoves

(I think I generally check turn )
  • darbday wrote: »
    this is what i feared was true...i did feel by leading i could cut out some premiums from his range cause he would check raise them a lot and timing tells (i was 1 tabling) really made me think he didn't have a made hand on the flop and that he somehow hit the turn....i figured he hit a draw but regardless his value range crushes my hand too much to think a flush draw with 2 overs would make things okay :|

do you check call flop or anything else different other than just folding?

felt this way as well about the hand...I'd prob check through on this flop out of fear of being CR'd.
  • The hand sucks all over, smells like you in bewteen a clash and your in last!

No fence course, I am to guess you have put this much thought, you folded.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    still not completely convinced that betfolding turn saves chips for us. I'd be more worried if the button shipped than the SB cause the hands I expect SB to show up with is flopped sets, exactly aa kk and a bunch of stubborn "but I 3bet pre" spew shoves

(I think I generally check turn )
    this is why i wonder if i made a mistake pre or on the flop...because i can't really let two players draw for free either though

and I can't feel comfortable, with very many rivers, and calling a river bet from the sb with the button to act.
    jdAA88 wrote: »
    felt this way as well about the hand...I'd prob check through on this flop out of fear of being CR'd.
    id rather be cr'd than slowplayed or drawn out on (for free)
  • I would probably small 4-bet from the BB and isolate the SB in position. But it's an easy fold on the turn - SB played it like a set or better, really.

You played it good, but fold the turn after he Ch/Raised you.
  • line is good if fold to raise
  • good hand. no reads / stats? Vs steal-resteal I am probably four betting pre but it depends on read / stats. I really do not see the merits of flatting and inviting button into the pot. Your flop play looks good, given pre, and the turn looks innocent enough although I would be worried about what my opponents had that could call on the flop given pre. On the turn it looks like you are beat but it's pretty unclear as to what... sb checked the flop with initiative so a larger over pair doesn't really make sense (although it's not impossible). 88 is somewhat plausible but we cannot give this eventuality too much weight. a poor player could definitely play A3 or a set like this but that does not mesh with preflop play (those who light 3 bet usually don't slow play when they flop big after light 3 betting). big clubs does make some sense as well, I suppose, as does 67 maybe. button has also been stubbornly calling, he could have you beat with a bigger pair or an epic slowplay. stacks are such that this is not an entirely protected pot so we cannot discount a bluff or a semi bluff.