Options

what do you guys think

Poker Stars, $25 + $2.50 NL Hold'em Tournament, 150/300 Blinds, 40 Ante, 9 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG+1: 2,350
UTG+2: 7,608
MP1: 675
MP2: 17,415
CO: 4,340
BTN: 7,590
Hero (SB): 9,431
BB: 13,022
UTG: 16,475

Pre-Flop: (810) Tspadenormal.gif Aspadenormal.gif dealt to Hero (SB)
UTG raises to 600, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls 600, 4 folds, Hero calls 450, BB folds

Flop: (2,460) Aheartnormal.gif 9clubnormal.gif 6clubnormal.gif (3 Players)
Hero checks, UTG bets 1,200, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls 1,200

Turn: (4,860) Aclubnormal.gif (2 Players)
Hero checks, UTG checks

River: (4,860) 7diamondnormal.gif (2 Players)
Hero bets 1,050, UTG raises to 3,700 Hero :mad: ???

fold all day against THAY3R?

pretty sure its a sigh fold, just wasnt sure if my river sizing was horrendous or not

Comments

• AJ AQ AK AA TT JJ QQ KK AA and your oop
  • darbday wrote: »
    AJ AQ AK AA TT JJ QQ KK AA and your oop

deck is freezing cold if villain has AA
  • edit: sizing might be fine if you folded

• how can he valueraise anything less than a flush here <.<
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    how can he valueraise anything less than a flush here <.<

I think my sizing on the river was so weak (like 1/4 pot) he thought he could get me off a hand like Ax here

I tried to make it so that even if he had Ax and had me out kicked, id lose min, but also tried to make my sizing look nut-ish with a boat or the flush

when he re raised the river I thought of hands that he could so this with, and decided he's trying to blow me off the hand, at least that is my donkey read.

really tough spot for me
  • costanza wrote: »
    I think my sizing on the river was so weak (like 1/4 pot) he thought he could get me off a hand like Ax here
    this is kinda out leveling yourself. Whether hes a good player or bad, no one tries win a tourney by getting a random to fold trip aces.
    costanza wrote: »
    I tried to make it so that even if he had Ax and had me out kicked, id lose min, but also tried to make my sizing look nut-ish with a boat or the flush
    nutted you would very likely bet bigger, unless you were trying to look weak and get raised and thats prob not a good plan if you actually had a hand either (more out leveling).
    when he re raised the river I thought of hands that he could so this with, and decided he's trying to blow me off the hand, at least that is my donkey read.
    if your gonna bet as a blocking bet, you generally have to fold to a raise.....maybe if its min you can call, but really if you want to see the river cheap as possible, either check/call, or donk/fold.....donk calling is just charging yourself more

really tough spot for me
    This happened because of preflop I think. Flatting ATs 25 ish bbs in the sb 3 way vs an ep raiser is maybe ok in some spot but prob only if you can get away from times when you hit an ace (or two).

I'm not good enough to say for sure but I can say for sure that traditionally, your biggest leak is flatting and 3betting out of the blinds.

Pull out stove and put villain on a range...not a hand....and see how much equity you have each street. Don't put a person on a bluff, put them on a range and then add a % for bluffing, then compare it with pot odds. Thats only kinda relevant but putting person on a bluff and calling is ignoring most of his range.

You won't know if you are calling correctly anymore than seeing your aces get cracked helps you know if your aces hold 80% of the time.
  • usually fold or 3B pre

river sizing is super bad, makes no sense. You want to bet small to induce or get thin value on dry boards when it's unlikely opponent has much so the only way to get value is inducing a bluff as opposed to hoping for a big call. You don't want to bet small when your hand is doing really poorly vs. a raise and you end up inducing spots where you don't know what to do like this. It shouldn't be too hard to see that this bet-sizing is going to induce some raises, so you have to have a plan for what you're going to do vs. a raise. If a raise is going to leave you in a brutal spot like this, then betting small to induce likely isn't a good plan. I think going like 3k-3.5k is ideal here, try to get value from TT+, maybe other random stuff some % of the time.
  • ok thanx for the input

now the real question:

how bad is this line as a whole?

Poker Stars, $25 + $2.50 NL Hold'em Tournament, 150/300 Blinds, 40 Ante, 9 Players
    LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG+1: 2,350
    UTG+2: 7,608
    MP1: 675
    MP2: 17,415
    CO: 4,340
    BTN: 7,590
    Hero (SB): 9,431
    BB: 13,022
    UTG: 16,475

Pre-Flop: (810) Tspadenormal.gif Aspadenormal.gif dealt to Hero (SB)
    UTG raises to 600, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls 600, 4 folds, Hero calls 450, BB folds

Flop: (2,460) Aheartnormal.gif 9clubnormal.gif 6clubnormal.gif (3 Players)
    Hero checks, UTG bets 1,200, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls 1,200

Turn: (4,860) Aclubnormal.gif (2 Players)
    Hero checks, UTG checks

River: (4,860) 7diamondnormal.gif (2 Players)
    Hero bets 1,050, UTG raises to 3,700, Hero raises to 7,591 and is All-In, UTG folds

Results: 12,260 Pot
    Hero showed Tspadenormal.gif Aspadenormal.gif and WON 12,260 (+6,910 NET)
  • it's quite bad :S, what were you trying to do? more important to know why you did it than just what you did
  • Vekked wrote: »
    it's quite bad :S, what were you trying to do? more important to know why you did it than just what you did

yeah, I figured it was horrible

I had him on KK or QQ or a pp that missed, that's what I put his range on from his UTG raise, his line didn't make any sense to me

I do know now that I played the hand horrible, and I do appreciate the input. I really gotta work on using that fold button.
  • yeah I def like a 3b or fold pre as well. And ya lol the river 3b is bad
  • river shove makes no sense
  • River shove might have a bit of merit vs a good player since he barely have any nut hands in his range. Unless he thinks we're capable of floating flop frequently turn is a perfect card to barrel his flushes and full houses for villain and a terrible card to double barrel light. I think it's close to impossible for him to have a flush after not betting turn and a good villain is going for a thin raise fold here with AQ AK a lot here vs a quarter pot river bet imo

At least that's what I'd say if you had 10k on the river
  • Villian is a HS beast, i thought he was capable of pulling a move there, so I went with my gut and got it in

At first, after this hand I thought I was a genius, then I thought about it, then i posted it, and now im positive im still the same donk lol

fack
  • if that's your reasoning then just call lol, you're beating all his "moves"
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    if that's your reasoning then just call lol, you're beating all his "moves"

lol, true, im a retard
  • Just to touch on that point, obviously I have a really good understanding on what poker is, and I think results show that I can play the game fairly decent, however, I will admit (and this probably isn't a surprise to some) but once or twice a tournament, I always come across a couple "high variance" spots, and I always always play them wrong according to everyone. I have no idea where my hyper aggression in these kind of spots comes from, but I know it defenitly takes me away from being a "great" player instead of just "good". I'm not sure if volume is the key, but I defenitly need to learn how to play these spots better, especially because I'm moving up in stakes

As for a 3b from the SB in this hand, I dont like it, especially considering the UtG raise from a player that can probably own my soul post flop oop. I shoulda just folded pre I think
    yeah, I figured it was horrible

I had him on KK or QQ or a pp that missed, that's what I put his range on from his UTG raise, his line didn't make any sense to me

I do know now that I played the hand horrible, and I do appreciate the input. I really gotta work on using that fold button.

Trip A's > KK, QQ, or pp that missed. I really don't think any of those hands are even really in his range cuz it doesn't make sense for him to be raising those hands when he could bluff catch a 20% pot bet. His range is far more polarized, basically straights or better, and air balls. I don't really think he plays Ax or a flush this way often at all tho, so it's usually a boat or straight.
    I have no idea where my hyper aggression in these kind of spots comes from, but I know it defenitly takes me away from being a "great" player instead of just "good". I'm not sure if volume is the key, but I defenitly need to learn how to play these spots better, especially because I'm moving up in stakes

As for a 3b from the SB in this hand, I dont like it, especially considering the UtG raise from a player that can probably own my soul post flop oop. I shoulda just folded pre I think

It's def just some fundamental leaks. I can tell you just from this thread that your hand reading needs work because the range that you put him on consists of hands that I don't even think are part of his range, let alone his entire range. In order to make proper decisions you need to be able to range people accurately, then the next step is learning how to play against and exploit the ranges you put someone on. It's possible to be a good hand reader but not know how to choose the best play based on that range.

Also in the last post there's some inconsistent logic when you say "I don't like 3Bing someone who can own my soul post flop OOP", then deciding to flat, because 3-betting usually works to reduce positional advantage by bloating the pot and getting chips in earlier. Position is far more important when you can play flop/turn/river than if you're having to make decisions for most of your chips on the flop. If you think he's loose enough to consider flatting (he's opening like 15-20% or more UTG), then 3-betting ATs is completely fine, it's probably one of the nut hands to 3-bet light here.
  • Vekked wrote: »
    It's def just some fundamental leaks. I can tell you just from this thread that your hand reading needs work because the range that you put him on consists of hands that I don't even think are part of his range, let alone his entire range. In order to make proper decisions you need to be able to range people accurately, then the next step is learning how to play against and exploit the ranges you put someone on. It's possible to be a good hand reader but not know how to choose the best play based on that range.

Also in the last post there's some inconsistent logic when you say "I don't like 3Bing someone who can own my soul post flop OOP", then deciding to flat, because 3-betting usually works to reduce positional advantage by bloating the pot and getting chips in earlier. Position is far more important when you can play flop/turn/river than if you're having to make decisions for most of your chips on the flop. If you think he's loose enough to consider flatting (he's
    opening like 15-20% or more UTG), then 3-betting ATs is completely fine, it's probably one of the nut hands to 3-bet light here.

Thanx for the insight Jake

Thing is, hand reading is one of my strengths, I think I'm pretty good at putting players on ranges relative to their position. At least I used to think so lol

I think my leak here is that I'm intimidated of other opponents that I respect a great deal, so I give them way to much credit, and then (in this example) by the river I decide basically "fuck you I got trip aces I'm not folding" which, is obviously ridiculous.

This thread is an eye opener for me in the fact that my overall perception is so skewed. Still having fundamental leaks when I've put so much time into my game really brings me down lol
  • Also, I wanted to know what u think of leading at the turn?
  • Sigh, super bad line haha. if you think hes capable of a move then b/call river is perfect with your sizing, your not really going to get called by worse on this board
    Also, I wanted to know what u think of leading at the turn?
    there is no turn.

YodaThere+is+no+try.jpg
    there is no turn.

YodaThere+is+no+try.jpg

lmao
  • Leading turn could actually be decent, there are a lot of crap rivers and he'll pot control a lot of hands that you beat as well.
    there is no turn.

YodaThere+is+no+try.jpg

I'm pretty sure there is a turn <.<