Not happy with my game right now

Over the past bit I have not really been happy with my game at all...(live)

I feel i've become just really weak and passive... I see myself as a loose aggressive player (though I do think have tightened up over time which has helped me) and I haven't certainly played like that lately... though a few regular people at the games are even more so...

When I do get a big hand now i'm not really confident and I think I lose out on a lot of chips that I should have won with my odd bets.

It does not help that the games I play aren't really all that hard.. seems everything I play now are roughly 12-15 people sit n gos... roughly 5 dollar games... as I cannot afford to really play well anything else.

Online..not much to say (they're both the same game afterall) just haven't been playing much lately..

Not sure what you can get out of this bah late night post...just looking to retool/rebuild my game and a fresh start.

Comments

• Read, study, post specific hands. (with all details re stack sizes, type of player, etc). That should be a start...
  • I have a few thoughts on this and being that you play mostly SNGs, this might help.

First off, take Comps advise. This will help make sense of the fundamentals. I would say that most players you are competing with at this level know abc, but no theory.

Tight to start, then slowly ramp aggression as blinds go up and people try to conserve chips. Your image will be tight so you will get away with more. Enough on that though.

Find a mentor, maybe even someone here that is willing to sweat you for one weekend. For me it was "nerice", who many low stakes grinders may be familiar with and "donkey kong"

You need to play 3-4 games at once, relying on theoretical sng strategies. Your gonna play a few hundred of these fast, it will take less than $100 to do. If needed, your mentor can yell and scream to keep you on track and soon you will find at times it's going to go slick and others it won't, but around the time you are ready to poke your eyes out, your are not going to be results orientated. It helps if shark scope is being used, so you can relate the numbers to the different types of players

You will "get" variance a little more and have that "feeling" of I know how to win and when I don't its either, that's just how it goes or "wait, I wasn't really doing what I am supposed to", or asking myself the right questions along the way.

You will also ask yourself, do I play this for fun, or to make cash. Truefully, except to that strange twisted small select few, it's not really fun to play profitably unless you really, really love the game and want to be one of the best.

The easiest way to see and believe this is to find video of players muti tabling so many SNGs that it becomes clear that they have very little time to act, let alone get fancy, yet the right videos will also prove that even at this split second speed, it is profitable because just too many player don't know any better than to stop them.

Winning any tournament with 100 plus players is tough, so master the sng and then move to 18, 27, 45, 90, 180 etc. ROI stats are your friend.
  • Post hands.

Your post doesn't say enough to give you help.
  • you are just probably too passive... when in doubt bet