Toronto Satellite Tournament

No Limit Tournament in Toronto:

Saturday March 12th @ 7:00pm
North Toronto (400/Finch)
Minimum # of Players 55
Maximum # of Players 88
No Limit Freezout (No re-buys or Add-ons)

Frist Place will pay a minimum of $10,000. Top 6 places pay.

Structure:

Starting chip count - 2000

Blinds Increase Every 30 minutes:

5-10
10-20
25-50
50-100
100-200
200-400
300-600
400-800
500-1000
1000-2000
2000-4000
4000-8000
5000-10000...and so on.

For more details on registration and location, contact Jay....aka....'AcesFull' with a PM, or just email me at eternlnrg@hotmail.com.

Comments

• Wow. Great blind structure, dude. Looks like I'll be able to make it... looking forward to it.
  • Maybe i missed it, but what's the buy-in? I'm assuming it's in the $350 range but it's not listed
  • What is the buyin?
  • It's $325.
  • Yes, I think this is the same tournament--WSOP satellite.
  • all_aces wrote:
    It's $325.

How much of the 325 goes to the prize pool?

I am thinking of going!
  • all_aces wrote:
    Yes, I think this is the same tournament--WSOP satellite.
    Are you helping run this AA? Or you just have the inside scoop?

stp
  • so is it $10,000 cash or some "ticket" to WSOP?
  • I'm not helping with it... but I think Jay has advertised this tournament in three different places, and I've combined all of the info to arrive at a complete picture of what's going on.

To answer CrazyJoe's question, from what I recall from a thread in the advertising and/or home games sections, it is not $10,000 cash. First place is awarded entry into the Main Event of the WSOP, plus flight and hotel if I'm not mistaken. There is no option to exchange this package for cash that I'm aware of... there are plenty of 'cash' tournaments in and around the GTA, though, if that's what you're looking for.

Here's the thread from 'home games': http://pokerforum.ca/forum/showthread.php?p=24484#post24484
  • i thought it was a WSOP entry, but in this thread it just says minimum $10,000 first prize, so I wasn't clear.
  • i thought it was a WSOP entry, but in this thread it just says minimum $10,000 first prize, so I wasn't clear.

It still isn't clear, imo.
  • My apologies to everyone for the lack of information. Not only was I away since my original post, but I have also posted three previous announcments that had all the relevant information, and each one was removed by the moderators??? I tried contacting them on each occassion to find out why, but never got a response? I can only assume that they didn't want any affiliation with a satelitte to the "THE BIG ONE". That's why this post was so vague. Nevertheless, 'Allaces' has done most of my dirty work, thanks Aces! I will try to clarfiy some more. Bearing in mind what I metnioned above, I will have to choose my words carefully.

The buy-in is $325 and it IS a Satellite Tournament. Originally, we were not awarding a cash value for first place, but upon further discussion with the organizer, the option will be available for the FINAL THREE PLAYERS to decide on the type of first place payout. Let me explain....Once the field is narrowed to three players, each will be asked on their prize choice in the event of a first place finish. If the consensus is 2/3 for a cash payout, then a $10,000CAD first prize will be awarded to first place if they so desire. Even if the consensus is 2/3 in favour of the cash, the option for first place to take the original first prize of $10,000USD entry into "THE BIG ONE", 6 nights accomodation and return air fare to Las Vegas will STILL BE AVAILABLE. Total prize package worth $14,500CAD. If the $10,000CAD cash is chosen by first place, then 2nd and 3rd place will be paid the difference out of the prize pool.

This event is really geared towards the poker purist who realizes the value of the Satellite prize - the chance to turn $325 into $10 million. But we also decided to offer the alternate cash prize to cater to everyone.

Based on the minimum number of players required to host the event - 55 players. The maximum amount taken from the $325 buy-in for tournament expenses (tables/location/dealers/food) will be $61. The tournament is already at 40 pre-registered players, so we are currently estimating a minimum of 65 players (= $51 per buy-in towards expenses).

MORE GREAT NEWS

SUPER SATELLITES AVAILABLE

We're also hosting Super Satellite single and multi table tournaments for the March 12th event!!! The Super Satellites will be held on Friday February 25th at the same location as the main event. We will host 10 handed $40 tournaments with the winner receiving a $325 entry into the March 12th event. Second place get's their $40 back to try again if they so desire. You can play in as many super satellites as you want throughout the evening. If you win a second or third....etc.....you can take the cash instead of a seat. If we have enough players, we will also hold multi table Super Satellites of 20 players for $20. There is no pre-registration required for this event. All I need is an email confirmation that you will attend.

DATE: FRIDAY FEBRUARY 25th
    TIME: 6:30pm
    BUY-IN: $40 SINGLE TABLE GAMES
    $20 MULTI TABLE GAMES

NOTE: You can only receive a cash payout from a Super Satellite if it is a subsequent win. Your first win from either a single or mutli table satellite will automatically be registered for the March 12th event
  • Not only was I away since my original post, but I have also posted three previous announcments that had all the relevant information, and each one was removed by the moderators??? I tried contacting them on each occassion to find out why, but never got a response? I can only assume that they didn't want any affiliation with a satelitte to the "THE BIG ONE".

IIRC, I noticed that there were two (or possibly more) separate threads on the same topic, all of which were posted in the wrong forum (Member Tournament Talk & Info). I moved one of the threads to the appropriate forum (Home Games), and deleted the extra threads.

I've got nothing against this event nor against advertising it on the forum, or anything like that.

ScottyZ
  • I have a prior engagenment Friday night feb 25th ... however, are there still seats open for the 40$ buy in chance to win entry to 325$ then "THe Big One" ?!?!?!?!?!?

In other words I may have to cancel the prior engagement ...
  • just came back...good set up

Finished second in the first game....good tables and dealers cant wait for the big event on 12th.
  • Thanks to everyone who turned out on friday for the Super Satellites. We handed out 9 seats on friday for the $325 March 12th event. The main event is 3/4 sold out, so don't delay!
  • Great news!! If you missed last fridays Super Satellites not to worry. You still have one more chance to win one of the 25 seats left for the $325 March 12th event. We're holding a second night of Super Satellites this saturday March 5th @ 7:00pm at the Training Room Poker Club. 180 Bullock Drive Unit 3, Markham. (Mcowan / #7 area). The Super Satellites structure is as follows:

$40 buy-in
    11 players
    1000 starting chip count
    blinds increase every 10 minutes
    blind levels:
    10/20
    20/40
    50/100
    100/200
    200/400
    400/800
    500/1000 capped.

The 10 minute blinds are as such to increase the speed of play. A single table Super Satellite should not take more than 1 1/2 hours to complete. If anyone has ever played Turbo S&G's on Pokerstars they will understand that this is the same premise. We will be running these single table satellites continuously throughout the evening. But if cash games are your bread and butter then you're in luck because we'll have them too! Hope to see you all out for another round of satellites. Maybe this time we can hand out 18 seats!!! Please RSVP myself or Josh via email to confirm your attendance.

Jay eternlnrg@hotmail.com

Josh jlprivateeye@sympatico.ca

Any questions feel free to contact Jay @ 416-707-4498, or Josh @ 647-999-0089.
  • VERY IMPORTANT INFO!!!

For those of you planning to attend the March 12th WSOP Satellite tournament in Toronto, the location has been changed. Don't worry, the tournament is still a go, with currently 75 players registered, but we have decided to move it to a much better facility to accomodate you players and make it the awesome tournament that it should be. The tournament will now be held at, THE TRAINING ROOM POKER CLUB. 180 BULLOCK DRIVE UNIT 3, MARKHAM. (Mcowan / #7 area).

Any questions feel free to contact Josh or Jay.

Josh - jlprivateeye@sympatico.ca
    647-999-0089

Jay - eternlnrg@hotmail.com
    416-707-4498