25/50 on stars

Couple hands that may or may not have relevance in your decision making.

Poker Stars $5000.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1673899
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter
UTG: $5644.65
Villain (MP): $5000.00
CO: $5000.00
Hero: $9995.50
SB: $8584.00
BB: $2075.00
Pre Flop: ($75.00) Hero is BTN with 3 :diamond: 8 :spade:
1 fold, Villain raises to $150, CO calls $150, 3 folds
Flop: ($375.00) J :heart: 8 :diamond: 7 :diamond: (2 players)
Villain checks, CO bets $279.00, Villain calls $279
Turn: ($933.00) J :spade: (2 players)
Villain checks, CO checks
River: ($933.00) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
Villain checks, CO checks

Villain has AA, and CO 55

Poker Stars $5000.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 1673895
UTG: $10137.00
Villain (MP): $10566.75
CO: $5075.00
Hero: $11681.50
SB: $5877.00
BB: $2054.00
Pre Flop: ($75.00) Hero is BTN with Q :club: Q :heart:
1 fold, Villain raises to $150, 1 fold, Hero raises to $500, 2 folds, Villain calls $350
Flop: ($1075.00) 5 :heart: 8 :spade: 7 :spade: (2 players)
Villain checks, Hero checks
Turn: ($1075.00) Q :spade: (2 players)
Villain bets $625.00, Hero calls $625
River: ($2325.00) 2 :spade: (2 players)
Villain checks, hero checks

Villain had AK no spade

Here is the hand.

Poker Stars $5000.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1673890
BB: $10137.00
Villain (UTG): $10743.75
Hero: $14722.50
SB: $5025.00
Pre Flop: ($75.00) Hero is BTN with k :club: k :spade:
Villain raises to $150, 1 fold, Hero raises to $500, 2 folds, Villain raises to $1225, Hero calls $725
Flop: ($2525.00) 3 :heart: 4 :diamond: 6 :spade: (2 players)
Villain bets $1325.00, Hero calls $1325
Turn: ($5175.00) 4 :club: (2 players)
Villain checks, Hero bets $1650.00, Villain raises to $8193.75, Hero?

Please dont discuss other hands above, or really even preflop in this hand. Just want to talk about turn play most and little about flop if you want.

Villain has been by far most active at the table since sitting down. Villain was playing something like 40/28/12 over 60 or so hands since sitting down. Has not 4 bet once. The QQ vs AK hand was exactly one orbit ago. If you want any other info Ill try to provide it haha.

Also what if we had QQ?

Comments

• O and the QQ vs ak hand, and this hand is the only 3 bet pre history we have that saw a flop

Im playing 32/24/13 through 62 hands.
  • Please get a better hand converter
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Please get a better hand converter

I agree lol I never usually use one, but had to for this hand.

• Poker Stars $5000.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1673890
    BB: $10137.00
    Villain (UTG): $10743.75
    Hero: $14722.50
    SB: $5025.00
    Pre Flop: ($75.00) Hero is BTN with k :club: k :spade:
    Villain raises to $150, 1 fold, Hero raises to $500, 2 folds, Villain raises to $1225, Hero calls $725
    Flop: ($2525.00) 3 :heart: 4 :diamond: 6 :spade: (2 players)
    Villain bets $1325.00, Hero calls $1325
    Turn: ($5175.00) 4 :club: (2 players)
    Villain checks, Hero bets $1650.00, Villain raises to $8193.75, Hero?

Please dont discuss other hands above, or really even preflop in this hand. Just want to talk about turn play most and little about flop if you want.

Villain has been by far most active at the table since sitting down. Villain was playing something like 40/28/12 over 60 or so hands since sitting down. Has not 4 bet once. The QQ vs AK hand was exactly one orbit ago. If you want any other info Ill try to provide it haha.

Also what if we had QQ?

Flop is standard with position.

Turn he has QQ/KK/AA...that's a tough spot, but based on the other hands and that he 4bet pre for the first time I would have to heavily bias towards AA/KK.

What's are his 3bet pre #s?
  • 12%, with 0 4 bets.
  • I would have to call on turn your hand is underrepped and looks like a middle pair and he has JJ + so hope he doesnt have AA
  • eeetee2011 wrote: »
    THink your misreading the hand history.....QQ 3bet
  • Based solely on the info you are providing screams AA/KK and given the math of those 2 hands with you holding KK I fold that spot.

UNLESS...do you think he is adjusting to you well? Do you think he thinks you will stack off (88)99-QQ in that spot?

Edit: you only have 60 hands...I could put QQ in his range, but he seems like a nit from the previous hands so I have difficulty throwing JJ- into his range. He is also only 3 betting 12% at a shorthanded table so a 4bet looks like the top of his range to me.
  • I think the fact that he hasn't 4bet once isn't that big a deal considering it's only been 60 hands. Since you just 3bet him the last orbit I think he can have a wider 4betting range in this hand.
    Anyways, ugh you guys are deep but I mean, if he's bad which he seems to be I think he's gonna play some worse overpairs to the board like this. It's a 4bet pot, and even though we're deep, I don't think I can fold to his shove here w/ KK.
  • (worse overpairs to the board than KK I mean)
  • Where the hell did I put that thing? I mean, it was right there a minute ago and now it's just bloody disappeared!

Sorry BTP, I can't find my fold button.
  • For your amusement:

I can't put him on 66 with 4 bet oop and history. I feel like he has KK or AA

Is it out of line to ask if you're taking a shot in this game? Is it in line but irrelevant?
  • I really doubt villain plus 1010 or JJ this way givin the way he played AA the one hand.....I definatly think its a check call with those hands, prob doesnt 4 bet either giving that he flatted AK an orbit ago....think it comes down to is he a thinking player and wants to use that AK info to rep something big here. So I think this is polarizing to either KK or AA, maybe qq but I doubt he thinks he gets called lighter than qq.....SO some sort of 4 bet bluff that hit a draw ( some kind of 5, or aa or KK). So maybe its if we think hes a thinking player....call? and if not well I dont see how we fold KK but its gotta be close....what about QQ?
  • literation wrote: »
    For your amusement:

I can't put him on 66 with 4 bet oop and history. I feel like he has KK or AA

Is it out of line to ask if you're taking a shot in this game? Is it in line but irrelevant?

Umm when I play cash online I lean towards 10/20 and 25/50 only because 1/2-5/10 is full of grinders where I dont think my aggro style fits well. My cash game is not bad...im def not scared money. But I usually play it once or twice every 2 months or so. I have no problem playing this Live, just online cash tilts me a little
  • I really doubt villain plus 1010 or JJ this way givin the way he played AA the one hand

I'm not a thinking enough player but the other AA hand, the board was wet, wetter flooded.
  • I really doubt villain plus 1010 or JJ this way givin the way he played AA the one hand.....I definatly think its a check call with those hands, prob doesnt 4 bet either giving that he flatted AK an orbit ago....think it comes down to is he a thinking player and wants to use that AK info to rep something big here. So I think this is polarizing to either KK or AA, maybe qq but I doubt he thinks he gets called lighter than qq.....SO some sort of 4 bet bluff that hit a draw ( some kind of 5, or aa or KK). So maybe its if we think hes a thinking player....call? and if not well I dont see how we fold KK but its gotta be close....what about QQ?

QQ is a fold
  • ok well Ill leave this up until either tomorrow or sunday, Ill be away until sunday, but want to hear what more people think. Definatly an interesting hand in my eyes anyways
  • ok well Ill leave this up until either tomorrow or sunday, Ill be away until sunday, but want to hear what more people think. Definatly an interesting hand in my eyes anyways

I don't think it's that interesting of a hand -- basically you are guessing at a range of overpairs +/- a small %age of bluffs given that you don't have very much info on the player. If we have a lengthy history vs villain then it becomes more interesting.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    I don't think it's that interesting of a hand -- basically you are guessing at a range of overpairs +/- a small %age of bluffs given that you don't have very much info on the player. If we have a lengthy history vs villain then it becomes more interesting.

There is a reason I posted the hand lol I know it doesnt seem that interesting at first glance but it was to me lol Ill explain more of my thoughts on sunday...
  • what no one has really talked about is how villain percieves this hand. In his eyes we probably have more 88-JJ than actual nut hands like kk. In villains eyes this hand should be locked down and there should be no way we can ever call this turn shove
  • Bump - getting late for some.
  • lies itt:)
  • lol well ill tell you what happened.....Villian actually had KK and wanted too see what everyone thought I was reaping because even though it was KK was shocked that he called within like 5 seconds. I didn't expect a fold but expected him to think a bit with KK. I actually put him on JJ or qq and figured it was the only play I had to get him to fold. I had a5cc. Luckily my 25% got there and I rivered a 2.....to win my biggest pot ever :D
  • lol well ill tell you what happened.....Villian actually had KK and wanted too see what everyone thought I was reaping because even though it was KK was shocked that he called within like 5 seconds. I didn't expect a fold but expected him to think a bit with KK. I actually put him on JJ or qq and figured it was the only play I had to get him to fold. I had a5cc. Luckily my 25% got there and I rivered a 2.....to win my biggest pot ever :D

At what point is this? See above.

Are you talking about the same HH you posted? It says that you had KK...??
  • yes. i changed them. I wanted to know what people would put me on giving the info villain had. Becuase wanted to know if people thought me trying to push him off jj or qq with still good equity behind if he calls was suicidal lol I didnt think it was. Only way to get true opinion was to do it this way
  • yes. i changed them. I wanted to know what people would put me on giving the info villain had. Becuase wanted to know if people thought me trying to push him off jj or qq with still good equity behind if he calls was suicidal lol I didnt think it was. Only way to get true opinion was to do it this way

Aaah, I see. Tricky.
  • gotta keep everyone on their toes