Where do you play online right now?

With all the new sites popping up and the competition hot and heavy for online players I am wondering where you all prefer to play these days. I'm also wondering where every one thinks the softest low buy-in sit and go’s can be found.

Right now I play at:

Full Tilt (Like it, but too many connection issues)

Poker Mountain (Should be good once it gets going, with Dan and TJ they should be ok)

I have played at:

Absolute Poker (Stopped when I confirmed they use shills/bots)

Ultimate Bet (Just can’t seem to win here)

Party Poker (HATE the look and feel of this site)

Poker Stars (Other players way too solid – rule #1 play in games you can beat regularly)

Doyle’s Room (Played only to get the book, I don’t like the “network” concept they are involved with)

William Hill (Not enough tourneys)

Poker Room (Rake & fee’s WAY too high or else I would play there)

Gaming Room – (Again with the “network” thing)

Comments

• I play at PlanetPoker. It does not have a large number of players there, but I can usually find a game I am comfortable playing in. I have made money there, received money relatively quickly when I requested a cashout(about 48-72 hours), and have been treated very well when I needed to talk with their service department about a concern I had.
    Unfortunately, they changed their site in November, and it has been a painful experience to live through. Especially on the tourney front. They are hosting a few sit n gos as they work out the bugs. I hope they get it straightened out soon, as I liked their old tourney format. They used to offer many tourneys every day. If you check it out and see me there, say hello.
  • Braveheart wrote:
    Absolute Poker (Stopped when I confirmed they use shills/bots)

how did you confirm this? and was/is empress58 a bot?

i really like the absolute site, don't want to have to give it up
  • Chosen One,

I was at a live Poker Tourney several months ago and ran into a guy that used to work for AP. I had a long chat with the gentleman and his story seem rock solid to me. He had no reason in the world to BS me. Also, a couple of things that happened to me playing at AP just did not feel right, so after playing there a LOT I cashed out and moved on. If you are winning there I don't think you should stop, just keep a eye out for stuff that makes you uncomfortable.
  • boxcard,

I have no issues with Planet for cash games, but I am a strictly a tournament player and Planet's tournaments have never been up to par in my opinion. I neglected to list them in my 1’st post but I have also played there in the past.
  • I've played at UltimateBet, Pacific Poker and Party Poker.

I currently only use my UB account because I've decided I only want to play tournaments online and I find UB to be superior to both Party and Pacific for tourneys.

However, for cash games, I found that the No-Limit tables at Pacific Poker were riddled with bad players who would call with anything. If you're patient, it's almost impossible NOT to make money there because the players there WILL pay you off when you get good hands.
    The biggest knock I have against Pacific is that it takes forever to get your money once you cash out. I have mine sent by cheque and Im still waiting for 3 almost a month after they were processed. UB never took more than a week and a half tops.

I just never liked PartyPoker while I was there. The software and layout was unattractive to me and there were no real unique benefits I could see to make me stay.

UB is just right for me. Attractive yet simple software, enough bad players to make it profitable, and tons of guarunteed prize pool tournaments. (Anyone who doesnt play there should sign up and check out the new 200+30 guarunteed $100,000 prizepool tourneys theyre running each Sunday in February. Awesome tournament.)
  • Only PokerStars right, doing alright...
  • Tigergaming.com currently, simply because they gave me 5$ to fool around with, and they're staged events to get a seat to an event is rather easy (though luck is somewhat required).
    I've had money on Poker Champs, Party Poker, Poker Stars, and Poker Daddy (only because I won a 1$ rebuy tourney).
  • Psi wrote:
    Tigergaming.com currently, simply because they gave me 5$ to fool around with, and they're staged events to get a seat to an event is rather easy (though luck is somewhat required).
    I've had money on Poker Champs, Party Poker, Poker Stars, and Poker Daddy (only because I won a 1$ rebuy tourney).
    free $5 at tigergaming?:confused: what's the catch :confused:
  • free $5 at tigergaming?:confused: what's the catch :confused:
    dunno, they just e-mailed me saying they were giving it away.
  • Psi wrote:
    Tigergaming.com currently, simply because they gave me 5$ to fool around with, and they're staged events to get a seat to an event is rather easy (though luck is somewhat required).

How did you like Poker Champs? I've been thinking about giving it a go.
  • I've tried out some of the PokerChamps freerolls. The site is alright, but there's too many people trying to play like Gus Hansen there.
  • Jay wrote:
    I've tried out some of the PokerChamps freerolls. The site is alright, but there's too many people trying to play like Gus Hansen there.

You sat that like it is a bad thing!

Bring em on.
  • party poker right now!! dont like the site too much, but im making some significant strides for myself trying higher limits.
  • Tournaments at PokerStars and ring/SG games at Party. I'm currently signed onto pokersource online and playing a few different sites. I hated Pacific poker, the interface/software is the worst I've seen. Currently trying to earn the bonus at Pokerroom, it seems alright.

I don't see the percentasge in playing anywhere but Party without the bonuses though, the players are the BEST.
  • if your doing the PSO promotions stay away from goldenpalace it takes forever to get your money out. you have to send them id,gas bill,electric bill(or another piece of mail with your adress on it) and your first born
  • Actively Playing At: (not rated in any order)

Absolute Poker
    Pokerroom
    Party Poker
    Empire Poker
    Interpoker
    Pokerplex
    William Hill Poker
    Caribbean Sun Poker (rethinking this one since the changed hand req's for bonus)
    Pokerstars

Other sites I have played at (includign above sites):
    Jetset Poker
    Pacific Poker
    Tigergaming
    Poker Mountain
    Pokerchamps
  • You get around pigga. How about some of insight into each?
  • 'From my expierences'

Party Poker
    Empire Poker

+soft low limit games
    +good reload bonuses almost every month (still waiting for febtober!)
    +ok interface
    ++same bad party players when on empire, and vice versa

Absolute Poker
    +soft low limit ring games
    +35% first time deposit bonus
    -bonus released $10 at a time, after every 100 AP you earn
    +bonus clears pretty fast around $2-4 or $3-6 limits
    +so many shorthanded games and people buying in w/ 5-10 BB only....aggression=good

(FEBRB2 = reload code for AP....should be good til end of feb i think...20% up to 200)

Pokerroom

+pretty good low limit games
    +I'm getting rakeback :)
    +reloads around holidays/events (ie. superbowl)
    +no download (i can play at work....on breaks of course)

Cryptos:

Interpoker,Pokerplex,William Hill Poker,Caribbean Sun Poker
    +Decent bonuses at each
    -Takes forever to clear bonuses at each (not much variety for low limit)
    -never seen a Omaha hi/lo game going
    -450 raked hands (if $90 bonus for Inter), 300 raked hands for pokerplex ($50), 500 raked hands for Caribbean ($40.....waste of time i think now), and $5/hr @ william hill
    +only one of the 4 i recommend is interpoker..... monthly reloads and random free money (did a survey for them 2 days ago, got $20 free) and i randomly check my acct sometimes there is $20 in there

Pokerstars
    +good site
    +tournaments often (MTT and SNGs)
    -best low limit players on the net (IMO)
    -few & far between deposit bonuses
    +nice swag/gear in exchange for fpp's (i have the fleece/toque, their nice)
    +can play in POKERFORUM.CA tourneys :p

Other sites I have played at (includign above sites):

Jetset Poker - only for freerolls
    Pacific Poker - first site i tried playing on....havent been in 6 months
    Tigergaming - loose games, varied games (guts) not much for tourneys
    Poker Mountain - signed up, havent deposited, witing for it to get a bit bigger, have read about deposit/withdrawl probs on 2+2
    Pokerchamps - only for freerolls
  • Good analysis by Pigga, but I have a few points to add:

Absolute:
    I'm pretty sure Absolute releases the bonus $10 at a time at 100 points... 1 point per raked hand regardless of limit - so 2/4 or 3/6 would not do you any better than .25/.50. I *love* the 3/6 game though. They have reload bonuses 15% up to $100 almost every week, bonus money expires if not cleared within 60 days. The playthrough requirement to clear this bonus is not great (@ $10/100 hands...) Though it *is* released incrementally, and the games there are usually pretty good.

Crypto:
    Will Hill's monthly bonus is 5 GBPounds/hr, not $5, so you can rake in close to $50 USD easily. So I think that bonus is worth doing monthly. I find that by playing 1/2 Stud, almost every hand is raked and the pots get silly-huge, so it is very easy to clear the Inter bonus monthly and make a good profit by playing good, tight stud. I see a lot of bonus-whoring going on early in the month since all of the Crypto skins offer monthly bonuses, so the 1/2 holdem tables are usually pretty tight. I find the 1/2 GBP tables are generally looser, and you'll get a lot of drunk Europeans playing there.
  • Hork - im still new to AP, (like within a week) but i love how bad most of the players are and im up about $500 so far, and i wanted to withdrawl some of my winnings to do some whoring elsewhere (few more bonuses yet to do)

How long does AP take to get to neteller?
    How come it will only let me withdraw my initial deposit ($404)? (i think this has to do with me still have $21 left in bonuses to clear

And if i withdraw the $404 i had put in initially, do i lose the $21 pending?

Thanks
  • Pigga wrote:
    Hork - im still new to AP, (like within a week) but i love how bad most of the players are and im up about $500 so far, and i wanted to withdrawl some of my winnings to do some whoring elsewhere (few more bonuses yet to do)

How long does AP take to get to neteller?
    How come it will only let me withdraw my initial deposit ($404)? (i think this has to do with me still have $21 left in bonuses to clear

And if i withdraw the $404 i had put in initially, do i lose the $21 pending?

Thanks
    AP withdrawals are usually in my Neteller account within 48 hrs. Also, you cannot make a withdrawal for 48 hours after a deposit.
    You should be able to withdraw profit and released bonuses...(unless there is a signup bonus that holds onto funds that I am not aware of.) It will list pending bonus and available balance separately in the Cashier window. I've been able to withdraw my whole balance and keep pending bonus amount.
  • Thanks for the detailed reply pigga.

I notice you’re in Chilliwack, ever play at the Rock much? I live in Abbotsford, takes me 1 hour to get home after a session at the rock, total drag.
  • Just branched out and started chasing bonuses in early January so I've played a few sites.

I'm at

Party
    Absolute
    Pacific
    Gaming Club

so far, and just finished my getting my Absolute sign up bonus last night. Hork, I thought for some reason you get 2 points for raked hands at Absolute once you play 3/6 and up. I only played the 1/2 and 2/4 games, normally playing 2 6-max ring games at a time. The 1/2 6 max tables are by far the best way to clear the bonus (multi table if you can). The full table (9 players) ring games are way tighter generally and are slow without a lot of raked pots, but the 6 max tables are fast and have a lot of action, meaning the bonus clears fast. Oh yeah, there are lots of horrible players on those tables too...great game.

I'll let you know about the cash out times for Absolute, since I just put in my cashout request so I can try to get the Party reload which expires Wednesday. Reviews say the cashouts are fast there, but it's my first cashout there which sometimes delays things.

I don't even have a Pokerstars account, but I'm going to set one up so I can get in on the forum tournaments. Probably hit up Ultimate Bet at some point too.
  • Yeah i play at river rock usually every 2-3 weeks, played a few tourneys there, best result was 35th.....im usually playing 2-4 or 4-8 there....

we can usually get from chilliwack to river rock in about 1hr 5-10 mins
    I normally try to convince my friend to drive tho :)

EDIT** Iron - i cashed out from Absolute on Feb 23rd (12am midnite) and it was in my neteller by Feb 24th afternoon so rougly 36hrs it took for me
  • awesome, thanks for the info, pigga.
  • I played a few hands on TigerGaming but was dissapointed by the impersonal nature of the graphics ( I'm a hardcore PC gamer ).

I play 99% of the time at:

Canadian server:

www.TruePoker.com

Deposit is in Canadian funds.

They have Texas, Omaha, Omaha High/Low.

I play for fun at the moment - Texas Hold Em.

At the Hold Em pay tables it goes as high as No Limit 500 or, if you prefer limit: 15 / 30

It's a 40 Meg download but that's because of the 3-d nature of the graphics. The dealer has digitized voice...

The only annoying thing is that if everyone all-in's off the flop the final two cards are dealt out at the speed of a computer with the winner announced. You get used to that annomally though.

It would be interesting for the pokerforum to compare TruePoker with the sites that they like since I'm interested in discovering new online sites.

I recently played on Party Poker which crashed during installation. I uninstalled and reinstalled but it crashed regularly during the first game or two: VB, Java VM errors.

It basically crashed like holy hell. Hated the GUI ( gaudy TigerGaming rip-off? ). The only thing that I liked was the fact that there were reserved Hold Em tables for 6 players Maximum ( 6 players to a table ).

Email to tech support bounced. I uninstalled the software today - what a joke.

I keep editing this post because I was up till 4 am reading about Poker meeting groups in Toronto ( www.MeetUp.com ), Brilliant forum at: http://21ace.com/ , free poker tournaments: http://www.redhotpokertour.com/ , the intricacies of poker chips: http://www.wedoitallvegas.com , www.PokerChips.com

so my brain is a little fried...
  • mragmoore wrote:
    I recently played on Party Poker which crashed during installation. I uninstalled and reinstalled but it crashed regularly during the first game or two: VB, Java VM errors.

It basically crashed like holy hell. Hated the GUI ( gaudy TigerGaming rip-off? ).

It's been rock solid for me. As for the GUI I thought it looked pretty cheezy the first couple of times but I have come to like it. The only thing I don't like are the slow refreshes for table info and that sort of thing.
  • *UPDATE

I signed up for Absolute Poker via www.freekemcards.com
    i made a deposit (more than $50) and played 100 raked hands on the site
    i filled out the form on the page, and i have now received my 2 decks of kem cards
    they are great cards, and it took only 1 week to receive them

so if anyone is looking to get some kems, this is a reliable source imo

Pigga
  • I think that the idea is that it's 5$ virtual money, you can't cash it out until you earn a further 5$ by gambling, at which point it becomes real and you can cash out 5$.

If you lose the 5$ no big deal - it was a gift after all.

That's roughly the idea.
  • free $5 at tigergaming?:confused: what's the catch :confused:

I think that the idea is that it's 5$ virtual money, you can't cash it out until you earn a further 5$ by gambling, at which point it becomes real and you can cash out 5$.

If you lose the 5$ no big deal - it was a gift after all.

That's roughly the idea.