1/2 Live Top n Bottom in BB, limped pot

read on villain is that he's basically just a limp/call pre standard niagara fish, who donks at a lot of pots once he hits tp hands, but nothing else really.

150bb effective btwn me and villain

6way action and I check A8cc in the BB.

flop: A8Jdd

Villain bets $10, one caller, I raise to $30, villain makes it $70, I?

The guy just doesn't seem aggro enough to 3b this flop with a FD but I see guys overplaying AQ and AK this way too, which he may have limped pre.

Not sure what the play is here, what are ur thoughts?

Comments

• I straight up get it in, but u know im a fish :D
  • Repop to $125.

1/2 donks don't have the balls to re-re-raise you with a hand that can't beat 2 pair.

If he does... good for him.

I hate calling here.
    I hate shoving.
    I hate folding.

Can you tell us more about the villain?

Can you outplay him out of position?
    Is the ace a diamond?

I could see him pop it with TP NFD.
    If the ace is a diamond I'm not putting him on a nut flush draw.

The other line is to flat and then donk bet out $80 on the turn.

Flush card comes, straight card comes...
    Do you think you have fear equity against this guy?
  • yea it matters what the diamonds are. also lead the flop. now get it in I guess but you're gonna be beat a reasonable amount but probably enough retardedness going on at 1/2 live that it's fine.
  • why did I just read limp call pre standard nigger fish? <.<
  • Repop to $125.

1/2 donks don't have the balls to re-re-raise you with a hand that can't beat 2 pair.

If he does... good for him.

I hate calling here.
    I hate shoving.
    I hate folding.

Can you tell us more about the villain?

Can you outplay him out of position?
    Is the ace a diamond?

I could see him pop it with TP NFD.
    If the ace is a diamond I'm not putting him on a nut flush draw.

The other line is to flat and then donk bet out $80 on the turn.

Flush card comes, straight card comes...
    Do you think you have fear equity against this guy?

Honestly didn't have more info on villain than that at the time, but in general I'd say he's a bad player, so yeah I could prob outplay him oop.

I honestly cannot remember if the A was a d.
  • Vekked wrote: »
    yea it matters what the diamonds are. also lead the flop. now get it in I guess but you're gonna be beat a reasonable amount but probably enough retardedness going on at 1/2 live that it's fine.

this is basically how I felt
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    why did I just read limp call pre standard nigger fish? <.<

It's NiAgAra, as in Niagara Falls, Ontario,....Canada....lol
  • Flop action is incorrect. Obviously you stack off here. I don't see much merit to raising less than all in. A pot sized raise at this point is practically all in, any size raise commits you to go all in on further streets. Given that flop action is inaccurate it's tough to comment but you should of course be fast playing this hand on the flop, i.e. leading out or raising.
  • what do you mean flop action is inaccurate?
  • Typically big blind is second to act after the flop, not third.
  • I would either lead this flop and flat the raise or check and flat the bet. Dont like getting money in on these types of flops. Might take a more aggressive line on a blank turn though.
  • Meistro wrote: »
    Typically big blind is second to act after the flop, not third.

Sorry if I made it confusing, this is what I meant:
    I checked, villain in MP bet $10, then an player in LP called, folded back to me in BB and I made it $30, then villain in MP 3b to $70, player in LP folds, action back to me.
  • I would either lead this flop and flat the raise or check and flat the bet. Dont like getting money in on these types of flops. Might take a more aggressive line on a blank turn though.

Agree with this, check raise/get it in is a bit ambitious and is probs only profitable b/c a lot of 1/2 players are retarded, some people are only 3-betting when you're crushed or they have a straight + flush draw.
  • I b/c flop. The board is draw heavy and the last thing we want is this to get checked around.

I hate the c/r here as it will fold out most hands we beat, and be called or raised that either have us beat or have good equity against a 2 pair hand. Hands that are looking to get it in here are AJ, AXdd, 109dd, Q10dd, k10dd, 88, jj and the rare time AA actually shows up on this board. All of those either have good equity against us, or we are crushed.

I probably b/c and get the chips in on most blank turns, but I am never gonna fist pump shove...