another one..

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t200.00/t400.00 Blinds - 8 players - View hand 1642558
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter
SB: t15185.00 37.96 BBs
BB: t12341.00 30.85 BBs
UTG: t13009.00 32.52 BBs
UTG+1: t14082.00 35.20 BBs
Hero (MP1): t18916.00 47.29 BBs
MP2: t4316.00 10.79 BBs
CO: t3165.00 7.91 BBs
BTN: t8152.00 20.38 BBs
Pre Flop: (t600) Hero is MP1 with A :heart: 9 :heart:
2 folds, Hero raises to t800, 4 folds, BB calls t400
Flop: (t1800) 5 :spade: T :spade: 5 :diamond: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t1020.00, BB calls t1020
Turn: (t3840) 8 :club: (2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks
River: (t3840) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
BB bets t2332.00, Hero raises to t17046

at the time I thought this was a good play but questioning it now. I mean how often do we get a 10 to fold here. Id been opening a lot so I figured he would float on this board on lot against me. But if thats the case I guess almost all hands I get to fold Im probably beating anyways so a flat wouldnt be too far fetched. I mean Im repping a very small range of value hands here......a few hands with a 5 in them (A5s, 56s), 22 and possibly 88. My plan here was to check turn jam over a bet on the river as this is how I would play AA or KK. But I play it that way to get value and usually expecting a call.
Is this jam as bad as I think it is?

Comments

• i thought bet turn for sure until i saw your river play

i would hate to flat the river and lose to a better ace or a lower pp, Tx sometimes folds

never thought of doing this, i like it cause its new to me
  • hmm, I agree that you're kind of repping a really narrow range of value hands especially if you've been opening a lot. I think if you were a nit this would be a decent line. It just depends how good the guy is I guess, I don't think many good hand readers will fold Tx here and his river bet looks pretty polarized so I doubt he's value betting worse than a T. I can definitely see why you'd want to play AA/KK like this, because I think 90% of people won't put AA/KK in your range here. I think most people will put you more on boats when you do this, but I also don't think people will fold the top of their range (Tx) when you rep so few hands. Also, I don't think you need to be taking this as a bluff line to balance in tournaments. A lot of common lines you need to throw in bluffs so you're range isn't pure value, but I think this line is rare enough that you can just do it for value and no one will ever catch on.
  • Vekked wrote: »
    hmm, I agree that you're kind of repping a really narrow range of value hands especially if you've been opening a lot. I think if you were a nit this would be a decent line. It just depends how good the guy is I guess, I don't think many good hand readers will fold Tx here and his river bet looks pretty polarized so I doubt he's value betting worse than a T. I can definitely see why you'd want to play AA/KK like this, because I think 90% of people won't put AA/KK in your range here. I think most people will put you more on boats when you do this, but I also don't think people will fold the top of their range (Tx) when you rep so few hands. Also, I don't think you need to be taking this as a bluff line to balance in tournaments. A lot of common lines you need to throw in bluffs so you're range isn't pure value, but I think this line is rare enough that you can just do it for value and no one will ever catch on.

Yeah I agree, it was one of those snap impulse things....lets be a hero and take the risky line haha. After I looked at it again thought it was pretty aweful and just wanted to make sure I was right haha.
  • Yeah I agree, it was one of those snap impulse things....lets be a hero and take the risky line haha. After I looked at it again thought it was pretty aweful and just wanted to make sure I was right haha.

I don't think it's "awful" exactly just because there's going to be a lot of decent players that aren't that great at hand reading or just sigh/fold because even though your value range is so thin they might think your bluff range is way thinner. So there's going to be a good % of people it works on, but I think in general it's not great to try and get people off the top of their range. It might be cool if you had an 8 here or a really weak T to turn it into a bluff since you have good blockers to their value range.