Bored and going through some HM hands.

Poker Stars No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t60.00/t120.00 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 1642541
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter
UTG+1: t15752.00 131.27 BBs
UTG+2: t12980.00 108.17 BBs
MP1: t7076.00 58.97 BBs
MP2: t10465.00 87.21 BBs
CO: t6055.00 50.46 BBs
BTN: t6030.00 50.25 BBs
Hero (SB): t6680.00 55.67 BBs
BB: t11498.00 95.82 BBs
UTG: t7444.00 62.03 BBs
Pre Flop: (t180) Hero is SB with K :diamond: 9 :diamond:
3 folds, MP1 raises to t276, 3 folds, Hero raises to t605, 1 fold, MP1 calls t329
Flop: (t1330) 9 :club: Q :spade: 3 :club: (2 players)
Hero checks, MP1 checks
Turn: (t1330) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
Hero bets t860.00, MP1 calls t860
River: (t3050) 2 :club: (2 players)
Hero checks, MP1 bets t5601.00 hero?

Villian is weak so looking to pick on him a bit. Not crazy about 3 betting from SB usually but was feeling frisky haha.

Comments

• Looks like a fold without any other info. I'd just expect him to mostly bet air on the flop or fold air to the turn bet, so it's really tough to see much that he shows up with on the river that we beat other than JT or KJ or something. With how we played it he can easily jam a Q or something for value as well if he's somewhat capable of hand reading. If he's not capable of hand reading and is just a huge fish then I kind of think he has a flush a lot since his air range is so minimal.

Obviously all you beat is a bluff and I just can't put many bluffs in their range except JTs or KJs which isn't many combo's considering 2 of them have a flush and he doesn't play the other 6 combo's like this 100% of the time (maybe JTs, but KJs folds at least sometimes). Since there's only ~5 bluff combo's in his range and at least as many flush combo's or the odd AQ/KQ/some weirdly played hand, I'd just muck.
  • Ok...well just to point out he is a pretty massive fish...which prob makes my 3bet sizing pretty bad. But to also point out he snap jammed river. Like as fast as humonly possible. I think I played the hand like I have AK. So I think a snap jam is him trying to make me not think and be like "shit my ak didnt hit I guess I fold". Just thought it was a weird snap jam in this spot and against a fish Im good a lot more than your suggesting.
  • I think that sizing is better vs. a fish than anyone. If it was a reg I'd say it's too small but vs. a fish there's a lot to be said about just getting the initiative and isolating.

The only thing with the idea that he's calling turn to jam river fast and make you fold AK is that it's kind of a complex thought process for a fish. Like he would have to plan to call your turn bet with some kind of air and jam the river super fast because he felt it would make you fold more. On top of that, he would've had to decide not to take you off AK on the flop, and instead call turn/shove river. I think if he put you on AK he's usually just betting flop firstly, and secondly even if he does call turn/shove river as a bluff, I still don't think he's calling the turn with that many air hands other than KJ/JT type stuff. Usually when weaker players pass up on an opportunity to bluff then start throwing in chips on later streets I give them a fair bit of credit.
  • Ok but Im saying he doesnt put me on AK until after my check on the river. Hes putting the check on flop, weak bet on turn and check on river as AK maybe even JJ. Now with a fish we can say he never has air on the turn just calling. He has to have some sort of draw no matter how weak it is. Ill say KJ, K10, j10(less likely, probably leads flop) A5s and A4s...and depending how fishy maybe even 45s and 56s. 45 and 56 might be a stretch but I dont think A5s or A4s should be. Once he missed his draws and I check he has a snap thought in his head that he can get me off AK and shoves quickly. Can that not be true here often enough to make this a call. THis is the $55 rebuy which usually has a pretty tough field and Ive never seen this guy around so Im considering him to be very weak on that basis and how Ive seen him play up to this point.
  • Ok but Im saying he doesnt put me on AK until after my check on the river. Hes putting the check on flop, weak bet on turn and check on river as AK maybe even JJ. Now with a fish we can say he never has air on the turn just calling. He has to have some sort of draw no matter how weak it is. Ill say KJ, K10, j10(less likely, probably leads flop) A5s and A4s...and depending how fishy maybe even 45s and 56s. 45 and 56 might be a stretch but I dont think A5s or A4s should be. Once he missed his draws and I check he has a snap thought in his head that he can get me off AK and shoves quickly. Can that not be true here often enough to make this a call. THis is the $55 rebuy which usually has a pretty tough field and Ive never seen this guy around so Im considering him to be very weak on that basis and how Ive seen him play up to this point.

I guess it depends on his exact VPIP/PFR, does he raise A4s/54s and stuff in this position? A lot of fish have a limping range that contains most of those hands. Obviously it's possible that he's bluffing enough to make it a call, but I'm just going off the info in the hand history and like I said, usually if someone checks back a flop when they could've bluffed, then ends up piling in chips later, I don't expect them to be bluffing near as often.
  • have him as 26/17/2.4 and then 3.0 aggro factor, gets to showdown 43% of the time. Also vpip in MP is 29%, CO 33% and button 45%.....unraised in MP its up to 50% and 75% from button.
  • i dont see how u can hero, flush got there
  • Meistro wrote: »
    i dont see how u can hero, flush got there

5/3 of pot shove on river...he didnt lead flop or raise turn....seems like an odd way to play a flush draw in 3 bet pot to me......maybe not though