Options

Final 3

Button I know very well, is going to have the widest winning range in the field...sb doesn't know this and is prob just a slightly winning player

I really think im crushing the small blinds range and that he's pretty capped too

Poker Stars, $7.34 + $0.66 NL Hold'em Tournament, 2,000/4,000 Blinds, 400 Ante, 3 Players

BTN: 38,585
SB: 126,613
JodaB. (BB): 104,802

Pre-Flop: (7,200) Aspadenormal.gif Jspadenormal.gif dealt to JodaB. (BB)
BTN raises to 38,185 and is All-In, SB raises to 126,213 and is All-In,
JodaB:bs:

Comments

• that is ugly. from your analysis i'm probably making a crying call here though. SB's range here is huge against the short stack.
  • call cause I'm me, icm has to say fold I'm sure but I want to be awesome
  • I have a different take on it. If we call and lose, we may be out. If chip leader wins, they don't have a huge lead on us given the blinds, if the short stack wins, we are now chip leader.

Having said all that, I know I would call :)
  • 2 reasons to fold:

1) ICM
    2) If the SB is as marginal as you think, you have a huge advantage HU against him.

I call cause I am too weak to fold AJs here. :D
  • why are you guys saying fold for ICM?
  • Vekked wrote: »
    why are you guys saying fold for ICM?

isn't it? we're either getting heads up or we get a 3:2:2 chipratio vs the other guys
  • call sb has kqos, but and flop brings 2 jacks....from there though it might get ugly :P
  • I fold. Let SB take out small stack and be confident I can overcome a 8/5 chip deficit over a "slightly winning player". Or I'm chip leader.
  • I def snapped this off, but I wasn't at all sure about it once the streets were playing out. I think my biggest concern here is the button 2.5ing up. I don't know if thats a legitimate concern though since its turbo. And that with 20+bbs, even with the blinds going up, I can do a lot without putting my stack at risk.

But that could be too ambitious for a turbo too
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    isn't it? we're either getting heads up or we get a 3:2:2 chipratio vs the other guys

I did some quick calcs and it looks like a call to me even with ICM.
  • Vekked wrote: »
    I did some quick calcs and it looks like a call to me even with ICM.
    by quick cals he really means he opr'd himself