Options

HU

Opp is aggressive, very similar to me, and adjusting, seems to be playing hu very well. I don't check back a lot of flop but he knows i'm mixing up my play

Turn suggests a queen, that tried to c/r the flop i think... maybe a nine maybe air

Poker Stars, $7.34 + $0.66 NL Hold'em Tournament, 3,500/7,000 Blinds, 700 Ante, 2 Players

BB: 166,612
JodaB. (BTN): 103,388

Pre-Flop: (11,900) 7heartnormal.gif 9diamondnormal.gif dealt to JodaB. (BTN)
JodaB. raises to 14,000, BB calls 7,000

Flop: (29,400) Qclubnormal.gif 9heartnormal.gif 8diamondnormal.gif (2 Players)
BB checks, JodaB. checks

Turn: (29,400) 9spadenormal.gif (2 Players)
BB bets 14,000, JodaB. calls 14,000

River: (57,400) Jheartnormal.gif (2 Players)
BB bets 28,000, JodaB :mad:

Comments

• lame river but I call
  • You're worried the case 9 may be in his hand on the turn? Pop his turn bet. He calls with a Q and then checks river to you.....send him that one way ticket to valuetown.
  • You're worried the case 9 may be in his hand on the turn? Pop his turn bet. He calls with a Q and then checks river to you.....send him that one way ticket to valuetown.
    sometimes he has a better nine sometimes he has a queen sometimes he has air. If I raise the turn, I lose my stack to a better nine, make him fold some weak queens (maybe most queens because hes decent), and make him fold all his air that will donk bluff the river.

its a consideration but I checked for pot control knowing that a qx hand is drawing pretty slim and he'll have a hard time getting away from two pair\
  • darbday wrote: »
    sometimes he has a better nine sometimes he has a queen sometimes he has air. If I raise the turn, I lose my stack to a better nine, make him fold some weak queens (maybe most queens because hes decent), and make him fold all his air that will donk bluff the river.

its a consideration but I checked for pot control knowing that a qx hand is drawing pretty slim and he'll have a hard time getting away from two pair\

If he has a 8 or 9, I don't think there's any way he checks that flop The only check I can imagine is a queen looking for you to bet into him. My first instinct is an air bet on the turn but either way there's no way a 9 comes to mind and I want that pot now.

EDIT: I'm also not sure why you don't bet the flop there.

But maybe that's why I'm a bad player.
  • You're flatting the turn to induce this river bet so its a pretty standard call imo even thought there are obviously tens and other better hands in his range.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    You're flatting the turn to induce this river bet so its a pretty standard call imo even thought there are obviously tens and other better hands in his range.

So agreed as played. My play is to not see a river without control of that pot hence raise turn.

If he spiked his straight with that river, tip your cap.
  • So agreed as played. My play is to not see a river without control of that pot hence raise turn.

If he spiked his straight with that river, tip your cap.

I'm fairly certain that raising the turn loses value vs his range.
  • If he has a 8 or 9, I don't think there's any way he checks that flop The only check I can imagine is a queen looking for you to bet into him. My first instinct is an air bet on the turn but either way there's no way a 9 comes to mind and I want that pot now.

EDIT: I'm also not sure why you don't bet the flop there.

But maybe that's why I'm a bad player.
    he won't lead into this pot really ever. because he expects a cbet a lot he will always check raise his good hands and draws. and check call monsters, and check fold air.

And he def check raises qx here a lot. So I check because I don't want to fold when I can take a free card.

but your right he doesn't ever really have 9x

really he has qto here or air (which oddly i guess could be tx hand)
  • darbday wrote: »
    he won't lead into this pot really ever. because he expects a cbet a lot he will always check raise his good hands and draws. and check call monsters, and check fold air.

And he def check raises qx here a lot. So I check because I don't want to fold when I can take a free card.

but your right he doesn't ever really have 9x

really he has qto here or air (which oddly i guess could be tx hand)

And with a bet on the flop I would be happy taking it there with middle pair, or ecstatic on the turn with his flop flat with AQ. If you bet 14k at that flop and he c/r's you what is your play?
  • And with a bet on the flop I would be happy taking it there with middle pair, or ecstatic on the turn with his flop flat with AQ. If you bet 14k at that flop and he c/r's you what is your play?
    when you bet, you expect to lose that money in the long run here. I don't want the chips, I want to gain ev with my chips, not take down pots

In order to make profit in dollars I have to get him to call with worse or fold better and i don't think he does

what he will do though is call with better (im spewing chip to him). or sometimes even checkraise with worse hands...in which case I can't call and have to fold...making a mistake folding a better hand and so giving him a piece of the actual prize money

Thats fairly correctish i think ???

also: 'Modernism, the idealistic search for truth, gave way in the latter half of the 20th century to a realization of its unattainability.'
  • I'm the other kind. You wanted control of the pot pre, fine, but esp HU I keep forward momentum. Very rarely is taking down a HU pot early a bad thing (obv spots where it happens but with your concern throughout here, I don't think it's one of those.)

But again it's just me, I don't and don't like playing strictly by the book.
  • I'm the other kind. You wanted control of the pot pre, fine, but esp HU I keep forward momentum. Very rarely is taking down a HU pot early a bad thing (obv spots where it happens but with your concern throughout here, I don't think it's one of those.)

But again it's just me, I don't and don't like playing strictly by the book.
    i think we can say this person is to good to do that, and i may cbet a weaker player

but vs as stronger player and with this game flow a different way to say it is by betting the flop we can gain actually chips but we lose real money
  • i'm not good enough to fold here.
  • trigs wrote: »
    i'm not good enough to fold here.

I think you're confusing good with bad.
  • are most of you not raising his turn bet here, cos I'm raising here all day like Hellmuth's Mole suggested. Don't care about being outkicked, we are HU and we have trips, let's build pot/get it in!