Instadebit now charging fee + hst per cashout

anyone else notice this when cashing out with instadebit?

Comments

• i use echecks, basically same thing, but better lol
  • notice the fine print saying they are commited to keep fees down..

Attachment not found.

to me this is the precursor to a huge problem. The over head should go down as we learn to be more efficient. If the cost of a banking is going up from the banks' side i think we have a huge issue with our banking system especially when the world seems to be sliding into irreversible debt.

and if they are jacking fees for no reason other than profit thats just as scary.

my impression is there is little money going around and institutions are trying to milk everything they can before hyper inflation hits

seriously though rising bank fee in this time has to be one of the most silly and destructive move we can make right now
  • Cost to go directly from your bank account to a merchant... $1
    Cost to go from your Instadebit account to your bank account... $2
  • Not sure what CIBC account fees have to do with InstaDebit.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Not sure what CIBC account fees have to do with InstaDebit.
    do you want me to explain the correlation ?
  • darbday wrote: »
    do you want me to explain the correlation ?

Not really, cause I already know how it ends. :D
  • curious, jd as to when you're last cashout was.

I did one just before Christimas with no fees.
  • just did a cashout today, first time I saw it
  • darbday wrote: »
    notice the fine print saying they are commited to keep fees down..

Attachment not found.

to me this is the precursor to a huge problem. The over head should go down as we learn to be more efficient. If the cost of a banking is going up from the banks' side i think we have a huge issue with our banking system especially when the world seems to be sliding into irreversible debt.

and if they are jacking fees for no reason other than profit thats just as scary.

my impression is there is little money going around and institutions are trying to milk everything they can before hyper inflation hits

seriously though rising bank fee in this time has to be one of the most silly and destructive move we can make right now

Oh crap, your with cibc? Oh Darb.........:(
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    just did a cashout today, first time I saw it

I use instadebit all the time, the only thing I have noticed is the "currency risk" fee, unless this is it, than never mind.

But if this is a new fee on top of that:mad::mad:, than it's getting ridiculous trying to get money on and off online lately.
  • cheques are good too, not really that difficult to get money off stars....
  • Can pretty much guarantee that if CIBC is doing it, so are the other big banks. Pretty sure that it was $25 about 5-7 years ago. It's what they do to keep the poor down and the rich up. A guy making 6 figures isn't going to blink at this. A family making barely $20K take home is going to be crippled by this.

And the lady at CIBC wondered why I told her banks were evil and I was happy keeping my money at a credit union :)
  • So this is confirmed, did a deposit with instadebit today and it is a extra fee, sigh.
  • i use echecks, basically same thing, but better lol

Does echecks have any hidden fees? What's so special about them?
  • Instadebit has vanished from some "gambling" sites. Don't know if it's instadebit themselves or the sites that made this decision,it just happened overnight!

I won 3k this past week and thankfully I received most of it, but the rest I will have to pay a wire fee and use moneybookers.

So make sure whatever sites you use check the withdrawal screen 1st before you make a deposit, i.e. Full Tilt.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Instadebit has vanished from some "gambling" sites. Don't know if it's instadebit themselves or the sites that made this decision,it just happened overnight!

I won 3k this past week and thankfully I received most of it, but the rest I will have to pay a wire fee and use moneybookers.

So make sure whatever sites you use check the withdrawal screen 1st before you make a deposit, i.e. Full Tilt.

I use instadebit on stars, so after you posted that they were vanishing from sites, I sent stars an email. They said that they will continue offering instadebit as a payment option.

Maybe you can try to find someone to do a swap from the site your playing on to stars to avoid your wire transfer fees.
    Instadebit has vanished from some "gambling" sites. Don't know if it's instadebit themselves or the sites that made this decision,it just happened overnight!

inb4 shit storm

Didn't think you could cash out from Zynga Poker. :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Didn't think you could cash out from Zynga Poker. :D

Oh sure . . . no problem. Most people just send it over to their Farmville account, though . . . damn farmers are ALWAYS looking for $$$.

Details and giraffes.
  • Where the H*** is GTA?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Where the H*** is GTA?

Yer stirring the pot Sir.... But I'm down with that.
  • Yer stirring the pot Sir.... But I'm down with that.

Merely commenting on the fact we haven't heard from him much lately.. ;)

And I like stew well mixed.. So when are you coming down this way for a tournament again? Buzzardds would be a good one..
  • lol comp, don't you have to blame Darbday for something?;)

Anyway, I am fortunate enough to be on a forum where their is "reps" from sites and found out instadebit was crediting players twice for 1 withdrawal. So they had to remove instadebit till they fix it.

So hopefully instadebit fixes it and resumes normal service.

As of right now I will just pay the fees of moneybookers and I also going to get set up with ecocard.
  • Details on binking 3k Plz
    costanza wrote: »
    Details on binking 3k Plz

Pot, meet kettle..
  • Details:

1) deposit

2) win

3)withdraw

4) hookers and blow

And don't have to move to Vancouver to do it.:D
    Details:

1) deposit $3100

2) play

3)withdraw $3000

4) hookers and blow

And don't have to move to Vancouver to do it.:D

fyp
  • Second time Philly has won heaps with no records or details iirc.

After the first time, he went a bit crazy and left for a bit.

Foreshadowing, itt.
  • Details on the big win please.