Bad all in? Plo.

I am not a big omaha player as i am fairly new to it, i like my holdem as it is well with in my comfort zone so i usually show a little disproval when i show up and they tell me it's ohama. I play as it's tournie and i usually get in the money.

Ok i'll get on with it.
20 dollar buy in with two rebuys
8750 chip stacks no timer and blinds don't go up till after rebuys and first ko.
First hand of tournie is an all in and rebuy by the player to my right(no suprise as he really likes to control the table and will raise or bet blind on the turn(so it is always difficult to put him on a hand.

He rebuys in and raises the next four hands by pot half of them blind.

This hand I am in fifth position blinds are 25 / 50
Next to act calls
4th pos raises pot blind
250 in pot
I pop it with Jc Js Qs 10c
500 in pot
fold around to Next to act, He calls. and of course blind raise calls blind.
Flop comes Qc 10s 4d
First to act bets 1000
Blind raiser looks at his cards and raises to 3000

Heres what I had to try to figure out even with the posibility of him having pocket fours, should i have folded with him having the trips and me with just top two pair and the flush draw.

I pushed thinking that I need one card for a decent flush a J q or 10
Plus if the two of us got Knocked out at the same time we are both allowed to rebuy.

Both players called me ....

the results soon....

Good push? bad? Lets hear it.

Ps Lol shold i stay away fm ohama in vegas ... 10 more days ... woot!
I hope this is readable.

Comments

• Pnut310 wrote: »
    I am not a big omaha player as i am fairly new to it, i like my holdem as it is well with in my comfort zone so i usually show a little disproval when i show up and they tell me it's ohama. I play as it's tournie and i usually get in the money.

Ok i'll get on with it.
    20 dollar buy in with two rebuys
    8750 chip stacks no timer and blinds don't go up till after rebuys and first ko.
    First hand of tournie is an all in and rebuy by the player to my right(no suprise as he really likes to control the table and will raise or bet blind on the turn(so it is always difficult to put him on a hand.

He rebuys in and raises the next four hands by pot half of them blind.

Next to act calls
    4th pos raises pot blind
    250 in pot
    I pop it with Jc <acronym title="JavaScript">Js</acronym> Qs 10c
    500 in pot
    Flop comes Qc 10s 4d
    First to act bets 1000

Heres what I had to try to figure out even with the posibility of him having pocket fours, should i have folded with him having the trips and me with just top two pair and the flush draw.

I pushed thinking that I need one card for a decent flush a J q or 10
    Plus if the two of us got Knocked out at the same time we are both allowed to rebuy.

Both players called me ....

the results soon....

Good push? bad? Lets hear it.

Ps Lol shold i stay away fm ohama in vegas ... 10 more days ... woot!
    I hope this is readable.

i don't see a fdraw
  • You are right i needed runner runner for the flush. I wrote this around 3am this morning.... so bad all in even with the rebuy option. I was behind with only six outs + runner runner to get the flush.

Don't go easy on me! I remember my mistakes better when the insults fly!!!

This is why i don't Party when i play in vegas.
  • It isn't a horrible push IMO, given that we have blockers to the straight and most sets with top two pair. We also have back door draws to the straight.

If you got it in here, I wouldn't say it is so bad. Villains range is wide and the only hands that can really call us are 44, 1010 and QQ and wraps, and most of those hands we have blockers to.

This is a tough spot. I like the 3bet pre with our hand, but it is hard to tell if you full potted the 3bet or min-clicked it. I 3bet full pot and try to isolate.'

But yeah, I think the hand is pretty much a cooler. If you are behind you have reasonable equity vs most hands that are beating you except most QQ hands.
  • yeah this is fine
  • The only mistake here is your 3-bet preflop. If you're minclicking the raise button, you've just invited everyone and their dog to see an inflated flop in a rebuy......and that usually means you're not going to win the pot.

If you do a true pot 3-bet pre, you either win the pot or go against 1-2 villains, instead of 3 or 4, thus increasing your odds of winning greatly.

As played though.......ship thy chips......and swear when someone inevitably hits (or the small percentages you're actually behind).
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    The only mistake here is your 3-bet preflop. If you're minclicking the raise button, you've just invited everyone and their dog to see an inflated flop in a rebuy......and that usually means you're not going to win the pot.

If you do a true pot 3-bet pre, you either win the pot or go against 1-2 villains, instead of 3 or 4, thus increasing your odds of winning greatly.

As played though.......ship thy chips......and swear when someone inevitably hits (or the small percentages you're actually behind).

It was a live game and if i didn't pot it on my three bet i learned from this hand.
    He did have the 44 and took down the hand utg had junk/ace high
    i missed my outs rebought 20 bucks as did utg. i took second cash up 20 bucks . potted my premium hands and hit.

Hey .... any threads on chopping?
    if not thoughts....
    It was a live game and if i didn't pot it on my three bet i learned from this hand. ....

If you dont' know how to calculate pot correctly, put in way more than necessary (ie. 1500 in this case)....and wait til someone complains or corrects to proper amount. That's what I do in live tournies in the 3 or 4 bet pots. Much easier than trying to calculate the actual number. Let someone else do it.
    Pnut310 wrote: »
    Hey .... any threads on chopping?
    if not thoughts....

We don't do that
  • T8 I anounced Pot and then calculated my actions...(after that hand)
    about the chopping question... I find when i play mtt live it always comes up at the final table. are you saying you always refuse.
    Next to act calls
    4th pos raises pot blind
    250 in pot
    I pop it with Jc Js Qs 10c
    500 in pot
    Flop comes Qc 10s 4d
    First to act bets 1000

I took the bolded to mean you raised to 500...if you potted, your raise should have been to 900 (and enough to get some hands out in theory).
    I find when i play mtt live it always comes up at the final table. are you saying you always refuse.

Well, everyone here thinks they are the best at poker, therefore chopping is -ev.

Home games I'll chop just to get the next one started.

Online or live, I only chop if:

A.) want to get this over with for whatever reason....eg. tired, going to the pub....etc.

B.) the deal is to sweet to turn down ev wise

C.) hookers & blow
    I took the bolded to mean you raised to 500...if you potted, your raise should have been to 900 (and enough to get some hands out in theory).

You are right I did not pot it there with a 500 bet (i worded it wrong) but after that hand was over I anounced my action so i could figure out how much i could put in.

Thanks for your feedback I am going to try to make my post more clear.
    Well, everyone here thinks they are the best at poker, therefore chopping is -ev.

Home games I'll chop just to get the next one started.

Online or live, I only chop if:

A.) want to get this over with for whatever reason....eg. tired, going to the pub....etc.

B.) the deal is to sweet to turn down ev wise

C.) hookers & blow

Same here for all those reasons but the *blow*. I also chopped for a better pay out when i thought the other player could out play me. I have never sugested the chop.
    Same here for all those reasons but the *blow*. I also chopped for a better pay out when i thought the other player could out play me. I have never sugested the chop.

If you feel the other player is better it was probably +ev to chop. If the villain was a better player and had a chip lead, it was definitely +ev to chop.

Outside of not raising enough, the hand pretty well played itself. You had 10 outs to beat 44 and had the equity to get it in there.