Options

Late night 55

Replayer is messed so sn are shown

read on initial raiser are hes a SN with hidden stats playing solid but no real showdowns. Has been pretty std. but I expect him to loosen up and try to take over a little as we approach the final two tables

only other note is that there are a few strong players at the table 2 left to act behind initial raiser..

But none of that matters too much, here i know i can profitably shove but i have about 24bbs and was wondering if i can flat or 3bet/call ?

How much deeper should i be to flat if i need to be deeper?

PokerStars Hand #73873054873: Tournament #555011086, $50+$5 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XVII (1500/3000) - 2012/01/14 23:14:42 PT [2012/01/15 2:14:42 ET]
Table '555011086 36' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: paxaflay40 (58295 in chips)
Seat 2: slayerv1fan (168944 in chips)
Seat 4: VC VEM!! (80878 in chips)
Seat 5: forboon (70824 in chips)
Seat 6: Rocketmist (63940 in chips)
Seat 7: andrianov (92278 in chips)
Seat 8: ElMonteDamas (145319 in chips)
Seat 9: KiwiVic (102444 in chips)
paxaflay40: posts the ante 300
slayerv1fan: posts the ante 300
VC VEM!!: posts the ante 300
forboon: posts the ante 300
Rocketmist: posts the ante 300
andrianov: posts the ante 300
ElMonteDamas: posts the ante 300
KiwiVic: posts the ante 300
forboon: posts small blind 1500
Rocketmist: posts big blind 3000
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to forboon [Qd Ad]
andrianov: folds
ElMonteDamas: folds
KiwiVic: folds
paxaflay40: folds
slayerv1fan: raises 3175 to 6175
VC VEM!!: folds
forboon: ???

Comments

• I hate this spot, and I am probably not qualified to answer this...but I don't think I am ever flatting or folding here. Not with 24bb. Maybe I shouldn't say never...flat and jam any flop maybe? Do we really think we are going to get more money in post flop while still ahead from this player? Probably not often enough..
    35 or more bb's and we can probably flat it for the price...doesn't change our stack that (as)much at that point..

definitely interested in better educated opinions on this spot..lol
  • villian is jdawg91 on 'the other forum'.... he relocated from states and used to be a 180 grinder before moving to the superturbos. I think hes supposed to be pretty good, but dont have any history with him. Just thought Id add that.

My initial thought about the hand is that this villian will be 4 bet shoving a good amount of air, esp if you have been up to your typical batman ways... 3 bet call imo.
  • reibs wrote: »
    villian is jdawg91 on 'the other forum'.... he relocated from states and used to be a 180 grinder before moving to the superturbos. I think hes supposed to be pretty good, but dont have any history with him. Just thought Id add that.

My initial thought about the hand is that this villian will be 4 bet shoving a good amount of air, esp if you have been up to your typical batman ways... 3 bet call imo.
    i haven't been up to my typical jodab. ways. theres too much talent here and ive been to short...more the latter as talent opens up room alot...

but we aren't really deep enough to appear like we would 3bet fold....and i haven't made a 3bet yet....

actually another piece of info was i just doubled up bvb calling the sb with k3s.....so really i haven't done much for awhile my image is tight otherwise..
  • DennisG wrote: »
    I hate this spot, and I am probably not qualified to answer this...but I don't think I am ever flatting or folding here. Not with 24bb. Maybe I shouldn't say never...flat and jam any flop maybe? Do we really think we are going to get more money in post flop while still ahead from this player? Probably not often enough..
    35 or more bb's and we can probably flat it for the price...doesn't change our stack that (as)much at that point..

and ya were flatting to get it in.....pretty much always...idea is to let in hands like kq and aj that might fold pre but will feel committed on most flop

i dunno here its prob a pretty std. jam but i wondered how much more chips i need to do something else.....
  • I hate these situations late in a tourney.(Especially with the big money you are playing for).The problem that i always worry about is whether he is bluffing or not.Pretty small raise tho so i think he probably has something. If you shove and he calls with a big hand, do i want be out of the tourney? If you flat and get reraised all in by others, then what? In the end though I think i would definitely shove.(Not a great analysis Darb , but no one is answering shit lately and i'm curious to know what happened)
  • kidcolt66 wrote: »
    The problem that i always worry about is whether he is bluffing or not.
    no no don't try to wrestle the bluff from the non bluff.... decide how much he bluffs, then how much he has it, add them together and divide by two .....
  • darbday wrote: »
    no no don't try to wrestle the bluff from the non bluff.... decide how much he bluffs, then how much he has it, add them together and divide by two .....

Well, its his small raise that worrys me. Thats what im talking about.A pretty useless raise truthfully. Is he looking to be called or reraised? But then again if he has a high pair and gets called and gets burned on the flop,then his small raise was a shitty play. So ya, tough situation....
    Well, its his small raise that worrys me. Thats what im talking about.

small raise is standard play from any reg these days I think..doesn't define his range at all imo....but I think he is opening here with a much wider range than most of "us" give him...When I say "us" I mean non regs at these stakes. We are definitely (way?) ahead of his range..but I just wonder if we do flat...is he calling often enough post flop when we are ahead...or like darb says...is he committed if he hits? I don't know if that makes sense...it's still early in BC...lol

I just feel we don't have a big enough stack to "play poker". Maybe I am still not playing enough levels...
    is he calling often enough post flop when we are ahead...

I just feel we don't have a big enough stack to "play poker". Maybe I am still not playing enough levels...
    the thing is if he folds even when we are ahead we are happy from an icm standpoint...

as far as being ahead we certainly are..and even more so knowing we have extra chips from fold equity

we're certainly not going to 'play poker' but we can consider a stop and go type play ....which i somehow didn't realize

and i know were 'too short' but def gotta discussions considerations and what ifs...
    A pretty useless raise truthfully. Is he looking to be called or reraised?
    useless? or does it perfectly hide his intentions...
    useless? or does it perfectly hide his intentions...

I guess i take that back....I said that his raise was what worried me so I guess I worded that wrong. Even if he has AA tho,does he really want to take the chance on having 3 callers? And letting them see the flop? I would put him on A10 or KJ or something like that. I still shove here.
    I guess i take that back....I said that his raise was what worried me so I guess I worded that wrong. Even if he has AA tho,does he really want to take the chance on having 3 callers? here.
    yes he is fearless....he would love to have aces and 3 callers
  • I bet you shoved here anyway Darb. Will be waiting to see what happened...
    I hate this spot, and I am probably not qualified to answer this...but I don't think I am ever flatting or folding here. Not with 24bb. Maybe I shouldn't say never...flat and jam any flop maybe? Do we really think we are going to get more money in post flop while still ahead from this player? Probably not often enough..

This imo
  • This is not a spot to hate. Shove and take down a nice pot.
  • Darb,how much longer are you gonna make us wait to see what happened?
    Darb,how much longer are you gonna make us wait to see what happened?
    um you pmd me and asked me to tell you already?
  • ryanghall wrote: »
    This is not a spot to hate. Shove and take down a nice pot.
    thx for stoppin by POKER-ROO!!!!
    um you pmd me and asked me to tell you already?

I know but you never told me what he had and im sure a few others would like to know too....
    I know but you never told me what he had and im sure a few others would like to know too....