No-Limit Hold'em Tourney London, ON CANCELLED

Comments

• If you thought the first tourney was good, you won't want to miss this one.
  • I sent you an e-mail
  • Were you the one asking about it being legit? There are a few here who can vouch for my tourneys being legit.

Not too mention this one will be my best one yet!
  • I was at the first one and the tourny is legit, nothing to worry about. Very well run with a good mix of players.

stp
  • Oh, and this time around I am paying dealers.
  • sweetjimmi wrote:
    Were you the one asking about it being legit? There are a few here who can vouch for my tourneys being legit.

Not too mention this one will be my best one yet!

nah, that was me. I attended your smaller tourney with my buddy at your place...(I went out early on pocket kings.)

I'll be at this one, but I can't get the link to work. Please e-mail me the flyer, and any other details (ie: location, date, player count, etc.)

Thanx bro,

-Joe
  • Hey Jamie,

I wish you all the best for the tourney. From what I hear the last one went well.

Just a question since there is no way i can get there until it is well under way. From what I undertand often as people are busted out of the tourney other ring cash games start up on the side. If that is so, can someone just show up for that portion?

Thanks

Drakestar!
  • Well, I can not guarentee side games I will say that it fairly safe to say they will happen. If you come it will be at your own discretion. Drop me an email and will be able to send you more info closer to the date of the tourney.
  • The last tourney was run excellent. I have to wait a couple weeks then spring it on the wife!

If your playing side games, pack your wallet. The last one was pretty crazy. :mad:
  • is anyone else from kw heading up to this, if anyone needs ride i have a few going up there.
  • Oh, and those that need to pay...I will in KW on Saturday (Shannon's tourney) so we can meet up before hand (or at the tourney if you're playing) to settle up.
  • Why can't we bring "glass containers"?
  • House rule. The owner's (my friends) of the facility don't want it...so it won't be allowed.
  • In case it gets dropped or someone gets stabbed ?
  • LoL...both I guess but mostly broken glass is a pain in the A$$!!! With 100+ people you can imagine that a few bottles are bound to get broken...cans on the other hand are nearly indestructable.

If you're worried about your safety I have can only say that we have run a few of these and had zero problems from any one (even some who have lost a lot more than can probably afford). I make it very clear from the get go of all my tourneys that there is zero tolorance for a$$holes and they will be thrown out and cops will be called (no rake so the game is fine).

Any way hope I answered your questions.
  • hey could you email me the flyer at wolfe_adam@hotmail.com
  • Email sent with instructions...Adobe Reader is needed. You will just need to download it ... it is free.
  • hey could you just put the details on here, like maybe cut and paste or whatever, cause i couldnt get it to work
  • April 16th, $120 buy-in. $20 deposit required to get a spot. Start time is at 12pm noon. Location given with deposit. See above posts for other information or ask any questions I have not answered.
  • how many people are in the tourny, and where would I send my deposit
  • I'm not sure how many to expect. I am guessing between 50-100. LoL...my last one had 93. You send the money to me. Email me again and I will send you the address if you want in.
  • hey e mail me the address at wolfe_adam@hotmail.com. you want me to bring the 20 dollar deposit there. Ok just email me and let me know when you want it by
    Thanks
    Adam Wolfe
  • Well, we are finally getting much closer to the date. Wanted to mention a couple of things:

1. After a lot of thought and work I have decided to not have paid dealers...I personally would pay a dealer everytime I play but it is simply not the case for everyone. While a $120 is a decent amount of coin to poney up I don't think we should have to many deck mechanics showing up (has never been a problem that has been brought to my attention). There were a couple other things that came up that lead to my decision as well, one I was only able to lock up nine dealers...which was both good and bad as I only have between 40 and 50 players signed up so far. Since I do not take a rake (zero profit for me) I don't feel I need to take much financial risk either.

2. I am allowing minors to play. We will be doing ID checks. If you are asked to show ID you must or you will be thrown out without refund. Any minor (under the age of 19) caught drinking alcohol will be thrown out without refund as well. Any chips they have will be forfieted to the house.

So with only three weeks to go lets get the numbers up for this tourney. My last tourney had 93 players and I want to see this one with at least that many!!!!!
  • sweetjimmi wrote:
    Well, we are finally getting much closer to the date. Wanted to mention a couple of things:

2. I am not allowing minors to play.

Fixed
  • I am (no not) allow minors to play but not drink.
  • hey iam cole woods from elora i will be asttending the london turnament i was just wondering how mnay places get paid like i know its 10 % but how mnay players were pai dlast time just a thought ..
  • Last time I had 93 players and paid the top 10. So approx 10% will be paid.

I am also working on something else that will award a nice prize to the bubbleperson.
  • whats the other thing ur working on to give for the prize
  • cole woods wrote:
    whats the other thing ur working on to give for the prize

sweetjimmi and Terry and I have been talking, and we are arranging to give away a seat to Bolton Tournament that Terry (shadow) is having on the 17th of April.

We have worked out some of the details, but once it is official, I'm sure he will announce it.

Rob
  • Yep that's the big secret...just haven't had the time to post something official.

So, here it is. The bubleperson at my tourney will win a seat into the "Bolton Tourney" the next day. If that player is unable I will give it to next available player who finishes worse. IE bubble plus one, then the next worse and so on. Though I don't think it will be to hard to find someone to go and play!!!