A challenge to myself (and a propbet too)

Ok.

In 2011, I got much better at playing the 45 mans up to $7 and multitabling them. In order to get out of my BR nittiness, I've decided that for 2012 to provide myself an incentive.

I will achieve Platinum Star at least once in 2012 playing only 45/180 man turbos. This means that I'll needing to play at the $30 level (or I'd slit my wrists) at some point in the year.

Platinum Star needs 1363.63 in rake paid.
At the $30 level for 45 mans I need to play 581 games in a month.

As added incentive, I'm gonna propbet this.
My $10 to your $5. I'll take a max of $200 in bets. All bets will be self escrow.

Sharkscope shall be the final arbiter. I will provide a screenshot for the month I hit Platinum .
I must show an ROI of 15% for the month to count for the prop bet.

Any takers?

Cerb $5 Pd on PS
JohnnieH $10 - Paid
Wolffhound $10 - Paid at Royal
actyper $20 - Pd on PS
GTA $50 - Said to donate the $
moose $10 - Pd on PS
wes $20 - Paid
Vekked $75

Comments

• The prop is that you can play 132 games in a month? Don't think you'll get many takers...a more standard prop would be that you can obtain a certain ROI over a certain volume of games in a certain amount of time.

GL.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    The prop is that you can play 132 games in a month? Don't think you'll get many takers...a more standard prop would be that you can obtain a certain ROI over a certain volume of games in a certain amount of time.

GL.

Nope.

If I can reach the $30 level in 45/180s this year that's 132 games at the $30 level. I've never played that high online.

My main objective is to get Gold Star playing these. I'd slit my wrists trying to achieve this at the low levels :)

I can add an ROI definitely.
    This is mainly for shits an giggles and to provide some incentive for me
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Nope.

If I can reach the $30 level in 45/180s this year that's 132 games at the $30 level. I've never played that high online.

My main objective is to get Gold Star playing these. I'd slit my wrists trying to achieve this at the low levels :)

I can add an ROI definitely.
    This is mainly for shits an giggles and to provide some incentive for me

What's your current BR/ROI and your rule for moving up a level?
  • I'm in for $5 and the bleary eyed awesomeness next December of you going for the gusto to try do this. There should be at least one 24 hour session, complete with time lapse photography slide show (20-30 second intervals) to really make it awesome :D
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    What's your current BR/ROI and your rule for moving up a level?

Really wasn't going for any BR management rules since I could reload. But I generally like 50BI for each level that I play. So for $30 I'd need a BR of $1500. Right now I have about $700 online.

Not about to go broke trying to win $200 bet.
  • just a slight derail but the 180 man grinders had a comp to see who could pound the most beer in a 24 hour time period while grinding....

...might have to show the kids what jedi drunk means....
  • I'm in for $10.

Good luck!
  • darbday wrote: »
    just a slight derail but the 180 man grinders had a comp to see who could pound the most beer in a 24 hour time period while grinding....

...might have to show the kids what jedi drunk means....

No way.
    but Cerbs idea of a web cam intrigues me. :D

Possible noodz :D
    No way.
    but Cerbs idea of a web cam intrigues me. :D

Possible noodz :D

Giggity!
  • darbday wrote: »
    just a slight derail but the 180 man grinders had a comp

You rang?
  • Gold is way too easy and he has 12 cracks at it. should be 12:1 at least IMO, probably 20:1. 'Course more odds he gives, the more likely he is to do it. Catch 22 props - Hobbes is no fool at taking easy money. He probably made a New Year's Resolution to see how many suckers he could take in 2012.

You should be asking how many VPP's he does per month.
  • compuease wrote: »
    You rang?

did he really just do that????
  • moose wrote: »
    Gold is way too easy and he has 12 cracks at it. should be 12:1 at least IMO, probably 20:1. 'Course more odds he gives, the more likely he is to do it. Catch 22 props - Hobbes is no fool at taking easy money. He probably made a New Year's Resolution to see how many suckers he could take in 2012.

I have NEVER been Silver (maybe once)
    This is just doing 45/180 mans.
    At $7 I'd have to run 900 in a month which again I've never done.
    Gold is way too easy and he has 12 cracks at it. should be 12:1 at least IMO, probably 20:1. 'Course more odds he gives, the more likely he is to do it. Catch 22 props - Hobbes is no fool at taking easy money. He probably made a New Year's Resolution to see how many suckers he could take in 2012.

Ok. for you moose....let's make it Platinum Star. :D

Yeah I forgot all the driving you do. Let's see - Feb is out, short month, plus Family day plus reading week. End of term, so Apr is out. Sept out, ditto. Oct out - Thanksgiving. Dec - out. What day is the end of the world BTW?

Never made Silver? Honestly Hobbes, why didn't you state the real goal of this prop is to stop being a nit.
    Never made Silver? Honestly Hobbes, why didn't you state the real goal of this prop is to stop being a nit.

Already did in the OP. :D

Not even the one month when they had the 1/10th VIP status promo?!
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Not even the one month when they had the 1/10th VIP status promo?!

Was working mad hours.
  • So must play at least 581 games at $30 w/ 15% roi? VIP status promo's can't count right?

I'll take all your action if you want.
  • Vekked wrote: »
    So must play at least 581 games at $30 w/ 15% roi? VIP status promo's can't count right?

Variance
    So must play at least 581 games at $30 w/ 15% roi? VIP status promo's can't count right?

The 581 games was an example if I only played $30.

But I must make Platinum playing only 45/180 turbos at any BI with a min ROI of 15% for the month.
    The 581 games was an example if I only played $30.

But I must make Platinum playing only 45/180 turbos at any BI with a min ROI of 15% for the month.

So how many games does it take to go from gold to platinum? Is 581 the number or is that from bronze to platinum?
  • you need 7500 VPPs to get to platinum in a month (and they restart each month)
    581 is how many I'd need to play at the $30 level. Not all games would be played at that level. It was just used as an example.

$105 left for you if you want it.
    Ok. for you moose....let's make it Platinum Star. :D

Oh I didn't realize you were serious. Gimme $10.
    Already did in the OP. :D

Yeah missed that too. Ha ha.

My god. 7+ years of playing sngs $10 or less? Surprised you never made the deal pool list on a suicide watch.
  • Yeah I'll put up $20