Sillyness like this.

*********** # 5 **************
PokerStars Game #72077688626: Tournament #481280868, $2.00+$0.20 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2011/12/13 1:32:31 ET
Table '481280868 44' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: unseed999 (2940 in chips)
Seat 2: DaguyisBack (3200 in chips)
Seat 3: Tanki_dk (2860 in chips)
Seat 4: LX77 (2500 in chips)
DaguyisBack: posts small blind 10
Tanki_dk: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to DaguyisBack [Qc 8d]
Tanki_dk is connected
LX77 is connected
unseed999 is connected
DaguyisBack is connected
LX77: folds
Agent812 is connected
unseed999: folds
Aljay 3737 is connected
DaguyisBack: raises 20 to 40
Tanki_dk: calls 20
*** FLOP *** [7d 6d 9s]
DaguyisBack: checks
Tanki_dk: checks
*** TURN *** [7d 6d 9s] [Qd]
DaguyisBack: bets 20
Tanki_dk: raises 920 to 940
DaguyisBack said, "lol wtf"
DaguyisBack: folds [Qc 8d]
Uncalled bet (920) returned to Tanki_dk
Tanki_dk collected 120 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 120 | Rake 0
Board [7d 6d 9s Qd]
Seat 1: unseed999 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: DaguyisBack (small blind) folded on the Turn
Seat 3: Tanki_dk (big blind) collected (120)
Seat 4: LX77 folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Now I hit that nicely, top pair with up and down straight draws I'll take that, but such a big bet by him really goofy.

He hit his flush and bet so large trying to make me think it is a bluff or something? ..or because it is rather low stakes he is doing it just to be some kind of silly douche?

Comments

• stupid moves like this just really arent worth your time to try to figure out why he did it to be honest. easy fold, next hand lol
  • raise more bvb pre esp at these blind levels, cbet flop, fold to his silly raise ott.
  • what's going on with the turn bet by you?
  • Is "Silliness" referring to the hero in this case?

Not a big enough raise preflop, unless extenuating circumstances, you're OOP and check the flop, and then donk bet the turn.... all of that is bad.

Mark
  • it's not a donkbet if you're raising pre. Easy fold on turn, doesn't seem that silly to me
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    it's not a donkbet if you're donk raising pre. Easy fold on turn, doesn't seem that silly to me

FYP

Mark
  • tbh I might not fold on the turn but I'm not sure it really matters what you do in the long run in this type of spot, how often are you facing 9x pot bets?
  • i think villain has a flush
  • Vekked wrote: »
    tbh I might not fold on the turn but I'm not sure it really matters what you do in the long run in this type of spot, how often are you facing 9x pot bets?

meh, I'm not calling with a straightdraw vs a turnbet much. I doubt my pair holds much significance at this point
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    FYP

Mark
    How is it a donk bet? Since when is it a bad play to raise to steal the BB? I mean sure, he failed hard by minraising it to attempt to steal, but that doesn't mean raising in general is a bad play.

I'm assuming it was a steal attempt considering you raised with Q8.
  • Maybe the kids are using the term different, but a donk bet IMO is a badly timed one, or one that isn't nearly the right size.

E.G.Three raises in front of you pre-flop and you push all in with KJo? Donkbet
    Pot is 5000 and you bet $100 on the flop? Donkbet
    Steal attempt and you min raise? Donkbet
    Boy is 100 and you bet $5000? Donkbet.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Maybe the kids are using the term different, but a donk bet IMO is a badly timed one, or one that isn't nearly the right size.

E.G.Three raises in front of you pre-flop and you push all in with KJo? Donkbet
    Pot is 5000 and you bet $100 on the flop? Donkbet
    Steal attempt and you min raise? Donkbet
    Boy is 100 and you bet $5000? Donkbet.

Mark

Nah, I mean that could be considered a donk-bet by virtue of it being a bet from a donk, but the actual definition of a donkbet (as used by poker tracking software and other such things) is a lead into the aggressor when you're first to act, since that's a common line taken by donks.