1/2 sick spot

Live 1/2 game in prague. Late in the night, 7 handed, 50+ female player makes it 10 dollars in ep and hero flats with about 250 dollars effective stacks. Heads up to the flop. Before the flop comes down villain accidently lift her hand up a bit too high and flashes an ace without noticing that she did it. Flop comes down K73 with no draws and she basically triple barrels a board of KJ873 for about 75% pot each street

Does hero even have a calling range at all by the river? Do you have some sort of responsability to let people know they flashed a card?

Comments

• depends are you a dick or a really nice person?
    Do you have any more info on the lady?
    What are your cards?

Depends on if you put her on AK or AJ. I wouldn't really be worried about anything else. And i hope we have at least a J if we are calling down to the river.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    Live 1/2 game in prague. Late in the night, 7 handed, 50+ female player makes it 10 dollars in ep and hero flats with about 250 dollars effective stacks. Heads up to the flop. Before the flop comes down villain accidently lift her hand up a bit too high and flashes an ace without noticing that she did it. Flop comes down K73 with no draws and she basically triple barrels a board of KJ873 for about 75% pot each street

Does hero even have a calling range at all by the river? Do you have some sort of responsability to let people know they flashed a card?

Only time I say anything about an exposed card is during the deal. She could have AA or AK and think she is ahead.
  • Don't really understand this but I would think she has AA or AK. If you have free information like a flashed card you absolutely don't tell unless you like them or their nice. It is your money and if they f up then who cares. I believe that it's your job to protect your own cards and if someone see's mine then I am not playing the game correctly. If you are doing something sneaky to see them, it's a different story.
  • i read that villains best hand here is AA and your asking if we have a calling range??? is there a nut flush here or something?
  • darbday wrote: »
    i read that villains best hand here is AA and your asking if we have a calling range??? is there a nut flush here or something?

no I mean our raising range is obviously any two pair or better. Question is would KQ be an easy fold to a triple barrel here even though there's basically only AK that beats you?
    no I mean our raising range is obviously any two pair or better. Question is would KQ be an easy fold to a triple barrel here even though there's basically only AK that beats you?
    ic ...you actually meant what you said ^-^

I think I need a good reason to look up what would be essentially someone triple barreling or giantly overplaying their hand. Or a competent lady turning her 2nd pair into a bluff on the river.

If shes a mouse she has aces if shes a decent player she can only really be turn her hand into a bluff?

Live, unknown, lady = fold i think
  • Yeah, I agree, I ended up making the terrible hero call just cause the ace confused me so much. I didn't think it was possible to triple barrel with an ace in your hand so my horrible hand must be good =(

And that's why you don't play cash after being up for 20 hours. She had AK btw, and it's probably not too hard to guess approximately what I called with that cost me 125 euros for no reason whatsoever
    Yeah, I agree, I ended up making the terrible hero call just cause the ace confused me so much. I didn't think it was possible to triple barrel with an ace in your hand so my horrible hand must be good =(

And that's why you don't play cash after being up for 20 hours. She had AK btw, and it's probably not too hard to guess approximately what I called with that cost me 125 euros for no reason whatsoever
    no i think i see what you did though....she should be either bluffing or nutted in a way.....and she isn't nutted....

suprised she had anything other than AA but sounds like she felt you had kq
    suprised she had anything other than AA but sounds like she felt you had kq

I disagree, AK makes perfect sense. Why would AA be triple barreling 75% of the pot?
  • pele1515 wrote: »
    I disagree, AK makes perfect sense. Why would AA be triple barreling 75% of the pot?

I could see it happening. I've played AA like that lots live because I get called down the whole way by people with top pair.
    only played live a few times but for the life of me i could not get anyone playing cash to bet their stack off with top pair.
    Live 1/2 game in prague. Late in the night, 7 handed, 50+ female player makes it 10 dollars in ep

If you don't have any other reads on this person you assume she has a hand.
  • Old lady, UTG raise, 3 barrels = EASY READ = AK/AA
    only played live a few times but for the life of me i could not get anyone playing cash to bet their stack off with top pair.

Yeah.. it is.. yeah.

Lots of people with just tons of money to burn

You're doing it wrong....:confused:
  • DennisG wrote: »
    You're doing it wrong....:confused:

+1 ditto.... Either AA or AK fits perfectly here.... Live 1/2 is soooooo much different than online.. Really no comparison to the online nits... :)

I don't see how AK plays any differently than AA in this spot, unless she puts u on AK as well, otherwise, she's still ahead of the same hands and behind the same hands.

To me, the real question is: Knowing that she can have 1 pr at best, why are you not reraising on the flop? You have a vulnerable holding and representing 2 pr or better should induce a fold from even AA most of the time, unless you read that she's not capable of making that laydown.