WSOP Vancouver Freerolls?

I have heard that throughout vancouver there will be a series of freeroll tounreys held at various pubs and what not....supposedly the highest ranking player out of all of the tournaments will be given a fully paid trip into the WSOP complete with accomodations....does anyone know more details?? rules, ranking structure or locations??
I would love to hit these freerolls up!!

Comments

• More information available here.
    Team 1040

I went to the 1st one on Monday. About 200 people. They changed it from 2- 2hour sessions to 3 - 1 1/4 hour sessions. 60 players per session, 1000 in chips blinds start 25/50 and double every 15 minutes

The trip is a draw open to all participants in February, not the chip leader. After 10 weeks of the circuit, the top 120 players will meet for another round. Prizes will be awarded by the individual pubs to their chipleaders. No mention of what those prizes may be.

It was fun, but with nothing on the line it was a bit like play money No Limit on Party Poker.
  • cool...thanks for posting this up!!!

How was the lineups though??? I wouldn't mind trying a couple out just for fun.

Thanks
  • Get there early...maybe an hour before registration starts. Grab a beer and a bite to eat then jump in when the line up starts.
  • Nice thats awesome! i will go for sure! ill probably go to all the woodys one's. thanks again for the post!!
  • have a few cold ones and then play :tongue: :biggrin: :tongue:
  • I checked it out. Hate to say it but kind of a joke if you are any sort of a poker player. If you have WSOP dreams stick to the satellites at one of the better online poker sites. You have a chance at Full tilt for 4 measly bucks. I’ve been close, real close 3 time now, 2 seconds a 5th.
  • yeah, i would concur with the joke part. I went and played at woodys and was astonished at some of the plays. This drunk guy took out our whole table with the worst hands...he just knocked out 3 people in a row, i was bitter and a lil buzzed. so im bitter and want to go home, i go all in on the button with k,j, (not a recommended play, lol) and the drunkered to my left calls my all in pre flop with 6,3 hearts!!! I hit my two pair ...except...there are two hearts lol, hits the riv for another heart and takes me out, i go home, everyone was going all in every hand with crap. Its like when you go play a freeroll at absolute and everyone all ins it every hand. I would describe it as a way to get new people into poker as well as get newbies to try truepoker.com since they are hosting the event. I think I'll just go to have a beer and have fun with it, but ya like braveheart said, dont come in to it with any high hopes..