Major Bonus Alert - 100% up to $500 !!

For anyone who is interested in giving second chances ...

www.checknraisepoker.com is offering a 100% deposit bonus, up to $500, until Valentine's day. They have fixed a number of tech issues they have had and are looking for some redemption.

My York club is beginning to jump on board and we're setting up private events to co-incide with this weirdly (is that even a word) big bonus.

Thought I'd share. If you feel like getting an extra $25 on top of that, mention York and help a brother out ...

Cheers.

Comments

• I have to give points to CnR for the promotional War Machine that got everyone hyped up in the beginning, but their delivery and constant delays were a horrendous mistake.

Their deposit bonus is one of the **WORST** out there. I'm going to cut and paste from a previous post of mine. Note that since that time it's gotten EVEN WORSE as the requirement has grown from 400CP/$25 to 600CP/$25.

I have no idea how they can give their "is the most generous frequent player points program among any online poker room" line with a straight face.
    From the page describing the bonuses it appears that for every 400 check points that are earned by a player, $25 of the bonus will be put into your real money account. How do you earn a Check Point? I'm glad you asked...

From their FAQ, every dollar in rake attributed to a player collected from a hand, that player earns 12.5 Check Points. For example, if the rake reaches $0.50 on a .5/1 table when it's ten handed, each player has virtually contributed $0.05 cents to the rake. This is 1/20th of a dollar which means eachg player would earn 1/20 of 12.5 points or 0.625 points per hand.

So, to earn 400 Check Points, you must play 640 raked hands (where the rake is $0.50 in a 10 handed table to clear a $25 bonus. (To compare this back to Empire/PartyPoker this approximately works out to 25x the deposit bonus in raked hands. Ouch!!)

Of course, if the table were average $1 in rake each pot, then you'd only need 12.5x the desposit bonus in raked hands to clear. (Still.... Ouch!!)

If we look at a "best case senario", the site lists the max rake from a $5/$10 talble is $3. If 9 people are playing, they've each put in $0.33 into the rake, which would earn them about 4 Check Points. In this case, all you'd need to play 4x the bonus in raked hands (assuming a $3 rake and a 9 handed table).

The site claims.. "The Check Points Program at Check n Raise Poker.com is the most generous frequent player points program among any online poker room. This is because we realize that our players are our partners and, without you, we can't succeed."

This appears to be true at their most extreme levels, but it's completely worse than anything else out there at the lowest limits. If I thought pokerroom was hard to clear, this is going to be FAR WORSE (at the limits I play)
  • Did you lose some serious money to a shark there? Did they come in the night and key your car? I sense that you have some hostility towards them.

I find the games nice and loose and besides, I play enough to make the bonuses happen in any case.

:)
  • With all of the options out there it is hard to imagine a poker room with essentially "give us a second chance" as a motto and less then 100 players online ( some of whom I assume are on play money tables and some/most are affiliated with the site) is destined for greatness.

Maybe I am wrong, but it seems the many bonuses being offered by slightly more established sites like Party, Paradise etc may be a bit better in the end.

Hey, at least this thread was posted in the correct forum (though I suspect the original poster has some involvement with the site as is normally the case). Nonetheless, I have to give props for proper forum placement :wink:
  • Zithal,

I am the Director of Marketing for Check n Raise Poker.com and an associate of mine told me about this thread a few minutes ago. This is my first visit to PokerForum.ca, and I've just read this thread as well as the previous one for the first time. I'll try to address all of your concerns, but please let me know if I miss anything or if you require further information.

When we say the CheckPoints program is generous, it's not only in respect to providing a metric against which players can redeem their bonuses – our CPs are worth something as well. On other sites you often have to play hands to redeem your bonus, but that's all that occurs. As you earn CheckPoints on Check n Raise, you're also earning a currency that can be used for multiple purposes. You can use CP to enter tournaments, you can play with them at CP-stakes tables, and (shortly) you'll be able to redeem them for merchandise in our store.

Many of our frequent tournament players like that CP are earned by entering tournaments. They clear their bonuses faster, and can reuse those CP later-on by paying for their rebuys in that currency.

To illustrate just how many CP can be earned in a fairly short period of time, I'd like to point you to our Lucky Dozen promotion where we gave away 12 seats to the 2005 World Series of Poker. If you look at the leader board for the $5K-added freerolls, you will see the phenomenal amounts of CP which some of our players earned during a 3-week period. And not only did these players more than clear their bonuses, but they also accumulated enough CP to have some great fun in our tourneys and our store.

One of the key points I read from your post is your almost off-the-cuff remark at its end, where you say that the bonus is hard to clear "at the limits [you] play." While I'm sorry that you think that, I believe the concensus is to the contrary. We did quite a bit of research before we formulated the math for our CP program, and we asked many poker players (who enjoy playing at a variety of limits) for their feedback. When we finalized it, and even now while it's in operation, the feedback we receive is that it IS quite fair.

For more information about what we're up to (including our current 100% Deposit Bonus, please see the monthly newsletter which we sent to our players earlier this week.

As a new site, we're going to have lots of great promotions to attract players - but we're also going to be investing in LOTS of features and functionality. As our imagination improves and our technology evolves, we're going to get much better over time. I encourage all of you to check us out. And I hope that you, Zithal, reconsider your opinion.

Regards,

Jeffrey Haas
    Director of Marketing
    Check n Raise Poker.com
    www.checknraisepoker.com
  • I have been there and they are serious about the 100% thing. I have seen a few of the problems I have read about on the forum here, but they seem to be improving things to where it's definitely a decent place to play.

Now once they get some action steadily, I will be a much happier player (with my 100% and all)

My 0.02