interesting hand

PokerStars Game #71776589032: Tournament #550010503, $100+$9 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIII (400/800) - 2011/12/07 15:39:44 ET
Table '550010503 17' 9-max Seat #8 is the button
Seat 1: seppmann7 (50685 in chips)
Seat 2: ratajpoker (12996 in chips)
Seat 3: ImDaNuts (17464 in chips)
Seat 4: BetrThanPhil (56539 in chips)
Seat 5: JopperHarryN (22210 in chips)
Seat 6: Andre_Hansen (65875 in chips)
Seat 8: Mikaroc (29745 in chips)
Seat 9: gkap13 (38900 in chips)
seppmann7: posts the ante 80
ratajpoker: posts the ante 80
ImDaNuts: posts the ante 80
BetrThanPhil: posts the ante 80
JopperHarryN: posts the ante 80
Andre_Hansen: posts the ante 80
Mikaroc: posts the ante 80
gkap13: posts the ante 80
gkap13: posts small blind 400
seppmann7: posts big blind 800
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to BetrThanPhil [As Kh]
ratajpoker: raises 800 to 1600
ImDaNuts: folds
BetrThanPhil: raises 1820 to 3420
JopperHarryN: folds
Andre_Hansen: raises 2980 to 6400
Mikaroc: folds
gkap13: folds
seppmann7: folds
ratajpoker: folds
BetrThanPhil: calls 2980
*** FLOP *** [5d 2s Kd]
BetrThanPhil: checks
Andre_Hansen: bets 7200
BetrThanPhil: calls 7200
*** TURN *** [5d 2s Kd] [Jh]
Andre_Hansen: bets 14225
softcored is connected
BetrThanPhil: calls 14225
*** RIVER *** [5d 2s Kd Jh] [3c]
Andre_Hansen is disconnected
Andre_Hansen has timed out while disconnected
Andre_Hansen: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
BetrThanPhil: shows [As Kh] (a pair of Kings)
Andre_Hansen: mucks hand
BetrThanPhil collected 59090 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 59090 | Rake 0
Board [5d 2s Kd Jh 3c]
Seat 1: seppmann7 (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 2: ratajpoker folded before Flop
Seat 3: ImDaNuts folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: BetrThanPhil showed [As Kh] and won (59090) with a pair of Kings
Seat 5: JopperHarryN folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: Andre_Hansen mucked [Qh Ad]
Seat 8: Mikaroc (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 9: gkap13 (small blind) folded before Flop

Just posting this because I thought it was a very interesting hand. I wonder if he barrels the river if he didnt disconnect.

Comments

• triple barrel? idk. my guess is he gives up.

however, i have triple barrel bluffed on occasion.
  • can he really 4 bet pre though? and why does he think you will fold on the turn? are you thinking hes gonna try to get you to fold ak?
  • his 4 bet pre makes complete sense.....He has a great hand to showdown vs the open raiser. but also repping a huge hand vs me. He might expect me to play ak a little stronger so he might put me on qq peeling one on the flop. To me he was repping a very big hand and he put me in a difficult spot, I wouldve hated to see him shove the river. It has to be AA, JJ or a bluff like aq.....odd time ak as well. So in his range Im really only beating one hand, maybe 2 if he has ajdd
  • His 4-bet pre rapes.

I'd generally 5-bet/call pre I think but flatting is obv fine when we have no idea if he's super lag or not. Like if I 5-bet it's because I'm hoping he has a spazz frequency to get it in with worse than the nuts.

I think IF you choose to flat there's no way you can find a fold post. If you fold AK you're literally folding everything since that's the absolute best hand you could have here. Obv game theory isn't everything and there are times when you SHOULD fold 100% of the time vs. a bad enough player who's playing so exploitable you know they have no bluffing range or worse value betting range, but I think that in this spot your hand is so under-repped that you can't make this fold without some sort of super read because it's just such a mistake to be folding 100% of hands if he actually is jamming worse on the river, especially when you're holding a hand a lot of people probably don't expect you to have.
  • I def agree, Im prob never going to find a fold, but Im never going to raise any street post flop as there is no hand Im getting called by that im beating IMO. His bluff range is way bigger, so I have to give him that opportunity. Im just not loving this spot overall, but Im also not hating it either.
  • do we cbet kk from villain point of view? do we expect that villain would cbet top set?

I guess btp calls all the like V says?

villain will 4bet/fold pre right?

AQo becomes a 4bet bluff or fold because he can't flat btp's 3bet is that right?
  • Yeah id cbet KK. Id prob 4 bet pre as well like he did and cbet flop. but im more likely to check aq on the turn as we do have a draw to the nuts and I dont see the person (me here) folding to much of the turn and dont want to get raised off that draw. Plus pot is way to big already, so bet represents to much of my stack to just barrel.
  • Yeah id cbet KK. Id prob 4 bet pre as well like he did and cbet flop. but im more likely to check aq on the turn as we do have a draw to the nuts and I dont see the person (me here) folding to much of the turn and dont want to get raised off that draw. Plus pot is way to big already, so bet represents to much of my stack to just barrel.
    damn disconnection
  • nah i was happy with it. Pot was big enough for a spot i dont love or hate haha. In this case though your right, damn disconnection haha
  • I think both hero and villain played this hand properly, and whether he disconnects or not, I think he'd be right to give up on the river. I mean, the only hands you're afraid of at that point is KK or AA. I suppose JJ is possible too, but unlikely.
    The only thing I'd probably do different in either position is villain should have probably given up after you called the cbet on the flop. He had to put you on AK at that point I think, or maybe even AJ which he's still behind to.
  • Yeah, weird spot. Need to know more about how he views you and what his image is like. If you think there's much chance he's screwing around, raise and get it in pre. Otherwise, this is fine. Also, there's some people you can obviously fold against pre.