How do you avoid making the pattern mistakes your opponents make?

Wondering with all the great discussion on here regarding notes, etc you all make on your opponents, how do you avoid them getting a pattern read on you? You do know that they are having the same discussions on how you play right?

Comments

• well if I was super good and I knew the other guy was too...I would try to balance my play so that I'm equal in everything I do....so that I don't have anything to counter.....not check raise to much, not open to loose etc.

I don't know how to do it yet but its not the pinnacle of poker...its more intermediate so it can be learned....

You can also add game theory to balancing your actions, , which sort of points to making balanced bet sizes which are the exact amount that your opponent can never exploit you either....

Also at higher levels you can use randomization for plays based on certain suits, or cards, or a random clock.....this way you can't be read with perfection really....

for me....not saying I'm winning, but my style is prob not understandable to most average to dec regs. I don't worry about their notes on me much because they really only care about their own play and cards..

.the better regs prob view me as lesser so they mostly will just use their system on me and not really change....but i do try to play balanced vs the better regs, as best I know ....i think its just important to have a little bluff and they will leave you alone...they are entitled to a little bluff too....it doesn't seem to go much beyond that...

i play 180 turbos so there is less postflop play....but I can say with great certainty that 90% and maybe more players do not adjust whatsoever unless you are glaringly obvious about your leaks. I'm incredibly loose in my field almost twice what the other regs are...and i rarely rarely get played back at....so they can't be taking postflop notes if they aren't adjusting their preflop ranges......

Also to note that sometimes we don't want to hide these things...we just want to counter adjust.....

sometimes for example when i open 2 pots in a row and get flatted by the same player ip and he folds to 2 flop cbet ...the next time ill cbet and checkraise the turn with a draw and watch him fold 90% of the time.....

Hes mad and obv noted me (maybe just mentally)....he wants to see another flop on me, he floats the flop cause he knows I have nothing, and he bets the turn when I check because he thinks he has me.....then he folds because he has an entire deck worth of air in his hands......

anyways thats me....looking forward to others...
  • i randomly through in hands that i wouldn't normally play in the specific situation. therefore, even though my betting patterns seem the same most of the time, my card range is difficult to guess.