QQ facing big reraise

3 tables left (w/ top 200-ish itm). i'm slightly above average stack. UTG has been playing a pretty loose aggressive game in the few hands i've been with him. he's been betting/raising a decent amount and hasn't had to show down any that i can remember.

PokerStars - $3+$0.30|800/1600 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
UTG: 102,243.00
Hero (MP): 126,838.00

CO: 35,051.00
BTN: 97,582.00
SB: 51,647.00
BB: 112,678.00
UTG posts ante 200.00
Hero posts ante 200.00
CO posts ante 200.00
BTN posts ante 200.00
SB posts ante 200.00
BB posts ante 200.00
SB posts SB 800.00
BB posts BB 1,600.00
Pre Flop: (3600.00)
Hero has Qc Qs
UTG raises to 4,800.00
Hero raises to 11,200.00
4 folds
UTG raises to 102,043.00 and is all-in
Hero?

Comments

• With the read you have on him I'm never folding here
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    With the read you have on him I'm never folding here
    yes i hear a lot of people do this...they describe villain as loose aggressive and then consider folding the nuts...you just can't do it.....

if you wanna suggest hes not lag then it can be discussed ...but folding qq to a lag is not an option..

ft is still a ways a way....
  • I hope you called and I bet he didn't turn over KK or AA
  • not folding <.< never folding... I don't like folding =/ much at all...ever
  • thanks for the comments.

called and lost to AKo. was just a huge raise that i thought i may be able to fold it but didn't think so.
  • trigs wrote: »
    thanks for the comments.

called and lost to AKo. was just a huge raise that i thought i may be able to fold it but didn't think so.

well, the huge raise does smell A LOT like ak, just saying
  • trigs wrote: »
    thanks for the comments.

when looking for leaks and the like....its clear with questions like this....i think....that you are folding too much...and need to find spot where you are being too tight....maybe

Edit: and im not just saying that because im a laggro spewy fish
  • To me his shove wreaks of AK in this spot.

Flipaments lol.
  • darbday wrote: »
    when looking for leaks and the like....its clear with questions like this....i think....that you are folding too much...and need to find spot where you are being too tight....maybe

Edit: and im not just saying that because im a laggro spewy fish

yeah i probably need to hear this.
  • Was this against Milo?

You have to fold if it was against Milo
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    With the read you have on him I'm never folding here

+1
  • I'm never folding in this spot, even without a read. If your line involves 3-betting QQ and folding when he shoves, your line should not have involved 3-betting.

That is, you should always have your line planned out in advance (as with chess), and if you decided that you were going to fold to his 4-bet then you would be better off flatting and only 3-betting hands you do not plan on folding to a 4-bet. Of course there are times to 3-bet a value hand but then fold when 4-bet, but they are very rare, and for the time being I would consider it a rule that you should never 3-bet/fold a value hand against the person you are 3-betting.
  • thanks vekked. i will definitely keep that in mind in the future.
  • In a cash game where I am relatively deep stacked (150bb plus) can 3bet fold QQ. For ~100bb it would be really villain dependant. For 75bb or less, the moment I 3bet I have committed my stack to the hand.

Vs a passive villain I can see a fold a good % of the time as we are flipping or behind. But given this villains aggression level, I am never folding here and probably 3betting a higher amount, like 15k.

I read a saying on Two plus Two a long time ago, "3bet fold QQ.....save a buyin"....not saying it is too relevant in this case (as buddy was aggro), but it is in many others.