Pocket Jacks late and fold

*********** # 70 **************
PokerStars Home Game #70357596857: {Canada's Poker Forum} Tournament #464127500, $5.00+$0.50 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level V (40/80) - 2011/11/10 22:19:41 ET
Table '464127500 1' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: DaguyisBack (8008 in chips)
Seat 2: wildbill7145 (2279 in chips)
Seat 5: Fludlerk (4142 in chips)
Seat 6: forboon (977 in chips)
Seat 9: Antman013 (4594 in chips)
DaguyisBack: posts the ante 10
wildbill7145: posts the ante 10
Fludlerk: posts the ante 10
forboon: posts the ante 10
Antman013: posts the ante 10
Fludlerk: posts small blind 40
forboon: posts big blind 80
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to DaguyisBack [Jc Jd]
Antman013: raises 160 to 240
DaguyisBack: raises 240 to 480
wildbill7145: folds
Fludlerk: folds
forboon: folds
Antman013: raises 560 to 1040
DaguyisBack said, "queens?"
DaguyisBack: raises 1200 to 2240
Antman013 said, "maybe"
Antman013 said, "AK?"
Antman013: raises 2344 to 4584 and is all-in
DaguyisBack: folds [Jc Jd]
Uncalled bet (2344) returned to Antman013
Antman013 collected 4650 from pot
Antman013: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4650 | Rake 0
Seat 1: DaguyisBack folded before Flop
Seat 2: wildbill7145 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Fludlerk (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 6: forboon (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 9: Antman013 collected (4650

This hand still puzzles me a little bit.. what did he have? I ended up busting him and winning the thing later on so I can't really say I regret the move. But I guess yes I do have a bit of a mouse in me and I still can be sort of timid.

High pocket pair only 2000 odd more to call yet I let it go.. I do feel now I did have him beat but I think it would have been a flip.

meh trying to really change my style as well and just get more serious about the game from loose aggressive to um..not as loose and aggressive?

the me of two months ago would have just right off the bat go "eat some of this baby" and go from 160 to 4500.

Comments

• I think 4bet fold with those effective stacks is horrible.

Do you have some kind of sick read on this player? You have JJ 5 handed.
  • The answer is in the OP, says the villain (doing his best darb impersonation) . . .

Okay, my HH shows this as hand 65 for some reason, but the data is identical. I will stand by my original comment.
  • I think the biggest thing is you need to be making a plan for the hand before u do anything. Know what ur gunna do if u 3 bet and he 4 bets. And ya if ur gunna 5 bet him here you can't fold to his jam.

Also, if we wanna get it in pre, 3 bet should be a bit more imo. Like 605ish is what I'd do. Makes his 4 bet a bit bigger. I think its prob easier to 5 bet jam then. Still, as played, jamming as a 5 bet is fine I think.

I don't like flatting 4 bets, oop either. So basically its down to either get it in pre, or what I'd to a fair bit is flat the very first bet. There is a super aggro donk behind you who is just dying to jam his short stack in the middle. Lol. >:D

O, and its easier to play this game when u don't tell ur opp what u have in the chat :confused:
  • Don't you wish you just flatted to see a flop here rather than throwing your hand into the muck?

thats what reibs and gta are saying ....if your just gonna fold you may as well have 72s....

i don't often 3 bet JJ i think its one reason people don't like jj......later when you are shorter you can 3bet get it in more comfortabley....

usually ....when you are going to 3bet with a good hand and fold to a 4bet....its better to flat.....
  • 1) your 3 bet is too small, no one will ever fold to that size raise, so really your just bloating the pot for no reason.
    2) never ever ever 4 bet fold a hand as good as jj 5 handed. let me repeat, NEVER EVER 4 bet fold a hand as good as jj 5 handed and fold :P
    3) Why give info by saying qq? now your hand is pretty face up to smaller pair the QQ or AK. I know its a forum game but still haha
    4) just flat if yoda is in the BB, he will squeeze :P
  • Well, I thought he played it very well . . . ^-^.

And for $1.00 on Stars, I will tell you what I had.
  • 4) just flat if yoda is in the BB, he will squeeze :P
    well...ya.....i got aces........??? good timing too...with two flatters...

830px-Air_yoda.jpg
  • Lying, you are . . . think rockets, you had not. But glad you folded them, all the same.
  • The 4bet fold is horrible. Once you 4bet you are getting over 3-1 odds to call his shove.

Yes you could be behind QQ or better. But the reality is, you've priced yourself in vs the range of hands he could have if you give him 1010 or better and AK.