Options

final table...four good villains....

Poker Stars, $0.01 NL Hold'em Tournament, 3,000/6,000 Blinds, 600 Ante, 6 Players

UTG: 377,640
MP: 355,804
CO: 311,124
BTN: 77,571
SB: 790,137
Hero (BB): 169,724

Pre-Flop: (12,600) Theartnormal.gif Adiamondnormal.gif dealt to Hero (BB)
UTG raises to 12,000, 4 folds....yoda???

Comments

• This is a 1 cent tournament? Didn't think they had them that low.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    This is a 1 cent tournament? Didn't think they had them that low.
    no its the monthly leader board...
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    I fold
    i should say these guys are showing up with hands like k8o here and i think this guy is the better player at the table

so usually i can fold here easy but its close to not being fold here but i don't know if i could flat or 3bet still...
  • I fold.

We're OOP against the big stack who raised UTG. We will be folding most flops if we call and if we 3bet, we aren't getting called by many hands we are ahead of and will also have to fold to a 4bet/shove.

I fold and find a better spot.
  • This is not having any read on our villain...but....at 4-1, 5 handed.. I am (at least) flatting with A10 here and defending. With a read I might 3 bet and get it in..if he's been aggro enough. This is a leaderboard tourney, which tells us these players are half decent and their ranges probably aren't nitty this late. Prize structure and reads would help determine though..
  • DennisG wrote: »
    This is not having any read on our villain...but....at 4-1, 5 handed.. I am (at least) flatting with A10 here and defending. With a read I might 3 bet and get it in..if he's been aggro enough. This is a leaderboard tourney, which tells us these players are half decent and their ranges probably aren't nitty this late. Prize structure and reads would help determine though..
    structure is lik3.5k for first and 1.4 for 4th.....read are they are loose....but no one here is aggro but maybe me...its a messed up spot its right on the cusp of my ranges i think.....i never fold ajo here....but i don't think i can 3bet get in ato.....and i wouldn't 3bet fold because its a waste bet then again im not sure i should flat it oop either.....
  • I guess I kind of feel like that he "should" be opening a wider range than pairs and AJ+..and really should be 4 betting lighter than AJ+ ..maybe I am wrong on the 4 bet range...but I don't think he makes leaderboard final by opening only AJ+ 5 handed..some sc's have to be in his range, some big Kings..small pairs (that he will fold)

Against an opening range of 22+,A2s+,KJs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,76s,A10o+,KQo we are basically flipping (might be a bit on the loose side, but we have a loose read) But he is gonna fold a lot of these hands to a 3 bet...

Looking at numbers, we are behind his probable 4 bet range 77+,A9s+,KQs,JTs,T9s,98s,AQo+..so now I am rethinking... as he only folds 7% of the 16% opening range

*things that make you go hmm..*

I just hate folding this 5 handed. Maybe this is why I am a fish.
  • id prob at almost 10% more hands to his opening range....now you see it more like me ;p

guys are showing down k8o here and there and stuff like that.....