Any tricks to remembering hands?

This is sort of really bothering me now.

I really want to try to remember my hands better so I can dissect them more and learn (live of course)

Here is an example of a hand I played on Saturday 1/2.

Pocket Queens I raise to 17, I get reraised to 35 which I call.

Flop is 8 9 3 (or something not sure of the 3)

I Check the flop and get bet something like 20? I dunno (You kind of get the idea)

turn is a King..check check

River I forget that too but it was an under card a 10 I believe.

I check, he bets 40.. I "tank" and call.. he flips up over pocket queens as well..yay I didnt' lose all my profit (was up 150 or so at one point..left with 83)

I don't drink at the table.

Comments

• Get a cell phone?
  • I'd say most live players can remember hands in detail from years ago and against whom they were played, etc...I know that I can.

If you're having trouble then I guess you could just type them into a phone.
  • how about pen and paper? You might want to also note the position of key players in the hand, starting stack sizes.

This hand, in a cash game, falling in love with an over pair can kill you (especially out of position). If you are deeper, you could re-raise on the flop to see how strong the other player is. If he comes over the top, you get your answer. Don't know the stack sizes so I can comment properly.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    how about pen and paper?

what's a pen and paper? oh, you mean what my parents used to use back in the day?
  • Pen and Paper eh that might look a little odd during play but the most obvious.
  • stop smoking weed maybe?
  • I don't smoke or drink

I'm pure.

Minus my addictions