PokerStars 70 Billion Hand (Drama!!!)

Surprised this has not been posted yet.

What are your thoughts? How should the 70K be divided up - isn't it Stars policy that anyone that was cheated would get their money back?

In this case, they had a promo - which brought huge traffic and lots of rake!

I'll take the over on this one - will probably months for this to get solved!

POKERSTARS 70 BILLION HANDS WINNER - CHEATERS COLLUDE!!! - YouTube

Comments

• Meh, who cares...someone outsmarted you to win the lotto.

Is it listed somewhere that this is not allowed?
  • agree with gta, they did nothing wrong, there is no way for them to lose the money now. They could change it for future, but as for now they have not done anything against the rules. Very smart imo
  • "Clearly cheating the system"

Aww.. baby want his bottle?

Seriously, there wasn't a guarantee that it would work but it's no different than people signing up a thousand times to free draws.

Mark
  • i actually considered this strategy as well. i guess i'm just not man enough to go through with it.

EDIT: and good for them. they found a legitimate loophole.
  • Genius.....just another reason why I will never make millions online...I can't even find stupid loopholes like this....
  • lets just say for sake of arguement they are doing this on 32 tables a piece, if theres 30k in tables running really whats 32, barely even .1% chance of them getting it on the tables they are "cheating" at.....your just trying to maximize what your doing!! if the lotto is 20 million and I buy 10 million in tickets statictically speaking Im the favourite really....too bad its still a risk it paid off!
  • You can bet there'll be an algorithm written into the software for next time that excludes tables where there has been no rake taken for the past x amount of minutes.
  • Personally, I say good for them !! They found a way to maximize their entries into the contest without risking any money. I just wish I'd thought of it.

The max tables you can have open is 24, so while increasing their odds, it still doesn't guarantee they would win.
  • According to the T&C I saw posted on another site about this, they did violate the rules. Think it was 2+2, but not sure.

Don't care either way, myself, they could not have improved their odds that much.