Grinders, a documentary

2»

Comments

• Anyone know Danny Kalpakis' screenname on stars? Just curious to see how he's done on stars after hearing his comments.
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    Anyone know Danny Kalpakis' screenname on stars? Just curious to see how he's done on stars after hearing his comments.

Not to knock him, but a 6th and a 11th place finish in wsop events is pretty good.
  • Jonnikash wrote: »
    Yea the trailer and the first five minutes or so were well done. I was expecting much more, but it was kind of boring and anticlimactic. The metaphoric stuff with the Elvis characters was pretty cheesy, and I had a hard time rooting for the three main subjects in the film.

Overall I think it was a decent effort, but he could have explored so much more.

Agree.

One Elvis would have been too many.
  • What a piece of shit.

Not to take anything away from when you have a really exceptional shit.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    What a piece of shit.

So what you are really saying is you are on the fence?

How about the scene in the guy's kitchen having lox and bagels discussing his poker future? you got a glimpse into his soul..
  • I suppose depressing is accurate.

I wish they made it seem fun, glamorous, exciting so that more fish will swim in.
  • Based on what Steve said, I think the personal stuff clouded the direction that this movie went in . . . was not bad but could have been so much better.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    The doctors that we were talking to were always talking to us in terms of odds and probability,
    and my ears perked up. When doctors would tell us that our chances are 50/50, I’m thinking
    that’s like having ace-king against a pair of sevens. We thought that we should put this in the
    story.

Beat.

It's also like flipping a coin or picking a number between 1 and 4, excluding the numbers 1 and 4.

Still looks decent though...told you I'm bored...le sigh.

lol guess you didn't like it.