$90+10 At river rock tomorrow (Wed, Feb 2nd)

I called in my registration today. anyone else going?

Ill be there playing 2-4 before the tournament

HG - hope to actually meet ya if your there

Ill be wearing the pokerstars fleece to make me stand out :p

Cya there

James
(Pigga)

Comments

• undecided. kind of sick of the crap shoots that they become, and my style of play for these crapshoots. However, i am 0-5 in these stupid wed tourneys so i want to change that. if im there ill say hi.
  • i will go once i have some stable funds....im thinking the morning tourney next week possibly
  • yeah i got thursday booked off next week so i think i might go and play the tourney (early bird or something) on thurs, see if i can get a spot...

Hope to see ya there

James
  • if your not registered in advance for the early bird on thurs. show up early at around 7:30
    ive tried three times to play in the morning tournaments and been unsuccessful all three time and ive shown up as early as 8:00 and was 16th on the alternate list.
  • Im talking about Next Thursdays early bird (the 10th?) and i'd plan on calling in my reg on tues or something because i drive out from Chilliwack, so its a good hr+20 for me to get there, im ensurign a spot before i drive out :)
  • hey Guys,
    Wish I would have seen this post before tourney, I was the guy on table 18 with the Big Stack, ended up coming 4th for a little over $1000. That's 3 cashes in a row getting closer and closer to a Large pay day. See you next Wednesday's tourney as I won't play in the rebuy tourney Saturday. GLTA
  • I had built my stack to about 5500 or so, i cant believe the guy called my all in

blinds were 75-150

I was in BB

2 people limped, button made it 300 total
    I looked down, saw AKo (Ah) i re-raised another 500
    2 limpers folded, and button flat called

Flop came: Kh 4h 3c
    I was first to act, (1975 in pot)
    i pushed all in for 4600Tchips
    he thinks about it for a minute, and calls, leaving him with like 300 in chips
    He turns over 89h

Turn: 4c
    river: 6h

And im busted out early ......now i've already thought of the different ways i could of played the hand, probably being the best, pushing all in pre-flop....or atleast making it a substantial raise, more than 500 more.......i just cannot beleive this guy called his stack (98% of it) with nothing but a draw, he called with only 9-high, with only a flush draw...he had to hit running 8/9's as well, but he had 8 outs that i knew of (i held Ah).......that call kinda of pissed me off though....
  • nah u played it right.

These tourneys are set up so u have to win a bunch of hands like that. once it gets down to 50 people all u see is all in preflop as ther bet, so whateves. just need cardluck.

i missed this one, but i did just get back from edgewater day one.

I lost the first hand ever there, I made the first ever straddle there, and I will be on ctv new tonite hitting my two outer in the biggest pot of the hour. NICEY

Ciao

oh yeah edgewater is just bluebioy reincarnated. exactly same dealers/limits etc.

hg
  • I still cant beleive he called off his stack on a draw.....i was so disgusted with it......i was thinking of check-raising flop if he bet at it or betting 1k and pushing on a nonthreatening heart turn....but i think he would of called nonetheless

in other news:

Me and a few buddies plan on driving down on next thursday to play the early bird tourney, can anyone give me specifics (we will call in registration) on it?

Buyin?
    Starting Chips?
    Total Players? (i heard 60/6 tables)
    Payout (top 5?)
    blinds (how fast, usual 15 minutes?)

Thanks
  • Pigga wrote:
    I still cant beleive he called off his stack on a draw.....i was so disgusted with it......i was thinking of check-raising flop if he bet at it or betting 1k and pushing on a nonthreatening heart turn....but i think he would of called nonetheless

in other news:

Me and a few buddies plan on driving down on next thursday to play the early bird tourney, can anyone give me specifics (we will call in registration) on it?

Buyin?
    Starting Chips?
    Total Players? (i heard 60/6 tables)
    Payout (top 5?)
    blinds (how fast, usual 15 minutes?)

Thanks

Taken from 604poker

* Monday and Thursday, 10:00am
    * 60 players max
    * Pre-registration on-site up to 48hrs in advance. (Check in at 9:30am.)
    * Monday: $20 + 3 No Re-buy / Add-on
    * Thursday: $30 + 4 No Re-buy / Add-on
    * Top 5 finishers cash: 50%, 20%, 15%, 10%, 5%
  • i was told you cant call in registration for the early bird?
    please correct me if im wrong?
  • When i called in my registration last tuesday for the next days wednesday tourney, the guy thought i was registering for thursday tourney, so it seemed like he was more than happy to register for the early bird because im coming from chilliwack

but im assuming same rules apply for it, only 25% of the field can be 'called in registration' so 15/60 can register over the phone probably
  • No, they don't accept phone ins for the early birds. Only the Wed & Sat tourneys
  • I called them this morning and asked the manager that answered the phone , (cant remember name) and he said he didnt think it would be a problem for us to register in advance over the phone for thursdays early bird tourney, ill guess ill find out for sure on tuesday when i call in to try and register and ill post and let every1 know
  • For tommorows Tournament (feb 9th) 4:15, how early do you usually need to be there to register? Do they usually fill up?
  • i would call and see how many spots are left,but i usually show up around 1 and havent had any problems getting in.
  • i registered for thursdays early bird tourney today by phone, so yes, it is possible to register over the phone for it :)
  • yubyub1978 wrote:
    i would call and see how many spots are left,but i usually show up around 1 and havent had any problems getting in.

I called, he tells me that if I came today and registered, no problem otherwise it will probably be full if I wait until tommorow? Not worth making two trips to Richmond. I'll call tommorow when I get off the ferry around noon and see if there full, if they are oh well.
  • Hey Pigga...you may have been able to register for the Early Bird over the phone, but it must have been a mistake.

I called and was told that 3 people had already tried to sign up and got mad at the hostess (Ella) when she said it wasn't allowed. I didn't bother to get upset 'cause I was pretty sure you couldn't anyway and how could anyone ever get mad at Ella :wink:

Oh well, guess its back to getting up early to get a seat.

cya there
  • Hey aces up

Yeah i called, some person named Dave registered me.....
    Then i told my friend to call, he got Ella, and ella said no
    I called, got dave again and he reg'd my friend
    then another friend wanted to reg, they were told no, and so i tried again
    but the last time i got ella, and she said they couldnt.....but luckily , mine and my buddys, are actually registered.....when i spoke to them tho (around 2pm today (tuesday)) they said only 10 seats were left already

GL, and hope to see u there

ill be wearin a g-unit hat, and a red/black hockey jersey that says Psychopathic Records on the back
  • Pigga I think you're supposed to be allowed to phone register since you're outside the GVRD. Maybe they don't allow it for the early bird tourneys though since a decent number of people don't end up showing.
  • haha..next time just call and say your comming down from whistler, they wont know the difference!! good call thats what im gonna do from now on...unless of course i get thru my interview this week and they hire me, hehe
  • yeah u can pre-reg for other tourneys , just not early birds.... we must of spoke to some one new , but oh well :) hopefully see some of ya there on thurs morn