Gross spot in the 45 man

Final table with 4 left.
I am second in chips with one guy that is very short.
Villain has been running approx 15/11 at the final table and has not gotten out of hand.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.5 Tournament, 800/1600 Blinds 75 Ante (4 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t27335)
SB (t3776)
Hero (BB) (t19017)
UTG (t17372)

Hero's M: 7.04

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10heart.gif, 10diamond.gif
UTG bets t17297 (All-In), 2 folds
Hero ?

Total pot: t4300

Comments

• ICM fold, unfortunately.
  • ICM fold, unfortunately.
    ...is what you would guess if you didn't know how to use the nash calculator...^-^
  • this isn't a bubble sit. so icm isn't going to have strong effects even with a shorty like that....

even if icm said to fold im sure its a call .........im not even making any considerations when i get this hand just snap calling.....
  • Nobody else thinks he's stealing?

It is a gross hand. You win, you're in really good shape. Lose, you're crippled.

I would play for the win and call, but I would have to think about it.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Nobody else thinks he's stealing?

Not when he's been running 15/11.
    Bad player, so I have to give him some credit for a hand here.
  • I play around 15/11, and I would call against me.
  • It's at the low end for ICM. but if you take out AA/KK then it becomes a call.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    It's at the low end for ICM. but if you take out AA/KK then it becomes a call.
    I don't think you can take those out...but none the less icm is just a helping consideration, theres enough room for error that if its close its surely a call

HoldemResources.net: Beta ICM Nash Calculator

if you adjust the utg range to 11% 55+, A8s+, Ato+, KQ.....TT is a call.....don't think we would assume hes really any tighter.... (any wider and its even more of a call)
  • I ran this hand through nash

Villian is shoving 18% of hands here, we are calling 5%

TT's a call
  • Villian is shoving 18%
    no no....villain isn't not shoving what nash tells him too.....we don't know what villain shoves...
  • darbday wrote: »
    no no....villain isn't not shoving what nash tells him too.....we don't know what villain shoves....

Im a noob at this thing :(

:mad:
  • If you are playing for 3rd, fold.

There are too many reasons to call here, first of all, villain could be using the short stack to push wider, knowing other players will fold to move up the ladder.

Second, A-rag does this often enough that its a call.

Winning this hand gives you the chip lead, with a short stack still in, essentially putting you heads up.
  • i probably call, but it sucks.
  • I fistpump call most of the time lol, he's shoving 10 BB's and we have a chance to lock the tournament up ^^'
  • first pump call as well. Usually big stacks will use the fear of the shortty to steal like this. All smaller pairs are in his range. There are way more hands hes shipping here that you have rapped then hands that have you crushed. SNAP!
  • Im pretty thrilled to call.

Out of curiosity, what ranges do you like to shove if we are only getting called by JJ+ :D
  • Scotty12 wrote: »
    Im pretty thrilled to call.

Out of curiosity, what ranges do you like to shove if we are only getting called by JJ+ :D

QQ+ otherwise my range is losing when called omg omg :<
  • Scotty12 wrote: »
    Im pretty thrilled to call.

shovin any two from co if calling ranges are JJ+?
  • darbday wrote: »
    shovin any two from co if calling ranges are JJ+?

do you even have to ask?
  • Are people really saying to fold this?!??!?!?! WTF ALL IN NO GAMBLE NO FUTURE KID