Back to PokerStars I go

This thread will be to keep my backers up to date on my progress and to show all others what they missed out on. :)

We'll forget about August and September. I was just getting my online legs back. October has started out much better. And with my re-newed focus (see gentle shove) on the 45mans, the bankroll should be very healthy at the end of this month.

Comments

• On the advice of my..... advisors, I started playing the 45man SNGs again. I played two yesterday and seven tonight. At the risk of hearing, "I told you so"

1st - twice
    3rd - twice

42nd - once
    10th - once
    18th - once
    44th - once QQ lost to a flopped str8
    38th - once

These are the $3.50 games -so total buy-ins are $31.50 - Won - $136.42 for almost $105.00 profit !! And its only Oct. 3

I know its way early in the month but after getting the crap beat out of me, this feels pretty good.
  • That's more like it. Nice start. Now keep it going for the month and rebuild the roll.
  • Nice going, a lot less variance in these compared to MTT's. I know the payoffs in MTT's are bigger but use the 45 mans to finance your MTT tries and you will be fine. Just like some people use cash to finance MTT's. Then evenually you will hit a big MTT. rinse and repeat.
  • If you need me to look at some hand histories for the 45 man's I'd be more than happy.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Nice going, a lot less variance in these compared to MTT's. I know the payoffs in MTT's are bigger but use the 45 mans to finance your MTT tries and you will be fine. Just like some people use cash to finance MTT's. Then evenually you will hit a big MTT. rinse and repeat.

That is the current plan. Not sure why I got off that track.
  • My name is Milo, and I endorse this thread . . .

Sorry, thought this thread was going to be about tomorrow's election . . .
  • Its time for some volume. I am dedicating the rest of the month to nothing but $3.50 - 45man SNGs. I want to try to get in 200 between now and Nov. 1

I'll update my progress in this thread. I am going to try and not look at my bankroll until the end.
  • Good luck . . . and I am sure there will be plenty of interested parties keeping tabs on your roll for you . . .
  • Total Games: 23
    Cost: $80.50 - Won: $98.35 - Profit: $17.85

Games 1-10

4th - $17.94
    7th - $5.02
    2nd - $30.86

Four final tables - 3 cashes - 1 top 3
    Cost: $35.00 - Won: $53.82 - Profit: $18.82

Games 11-23

1st - $44.53

Four final tables - 1 cash - 1 top 3
    Cost: $45.50 - Won: $44.53 - Loss: $0.97
  • After my awesome win last night of $2100+, I am going to re-evaluate my bankroll and the level of buy-ins I will be playing.

I still think the 45man games are a profitable, long term plan to keep the bankroll growing, just need to figure out whether to play the $7 or $15 level. Maybe even a combo of the two.

I now have enough of a bankroll that I can go back to my 100 buy in rule as well.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    After my awesome win last night of $2100+, I am going to re-evaluate my bankroll and the level of buy-ins I will be playing.
    Very nice score, but be aware that it isn't inflating your ego here. Once nice score doesn't make a good run.
    djgolfcan wrote: »
    I still think the 45man games are a profitable, long term plan to keep the bankroll growing, just need to figure out whether to play the $7 or $15 level. Maybe even a combo of the two.
    Stick with the 45man games, they're your bread and butter it seems. I would keep playing the $7 games more often than the $15, but don't be afraid to play the higher limits either. The $7 game will build your roll nicely, whereas the $15 can drain your roll VERY quickly if you hit another bad run. Personally, I would play 70% $7 and 30% $15 until your winrate at the higher level is proven profitable.
    djgolfcan wrote: »
    I now have enough of a bankroll that I can go back to my 100 buy in rule as well.
    Yes, but you just got off a bad run, with only one nice payday. Personally, I think slow and steady wins the race here. Hopefully your runbad is over and you can start building a nice little roll and make your backers happy again. ^-^
  • Listen to the STR8 man here. Words of wisdom... You seem to so quickly forget the past... Otherwise a month or two down the road you will be lamenting the bad beats... Again.

While you may have some skill (which is only proven by results over a long period of time) this win is nothing more than the + side of variance at the moment. Caution is the watchword here. Invest wisely young man.. :)
  • Wise, wise advice. I am not letting this score go to my head, this time. I am going to be a conservative nit when it comes to my new found roll. Actually, I am withdrawing most of it and will deposit as needed, given the state of online poker.

What I may do, is play 1 $15 SNG for every $90 in profit I make playing the $7 ones. Or something like that. I won't be afraid of dropping down in buy-in levels if I do go on a downswing.

Keep the advice coming. All is appreciated.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    What I will do, is play 1 $15 SNG for every $90 in profit I make playing the $7 ones. Or something like that. I won't be afraid of dropping down in buy-in levels if I do go on a downswing.

^ this... Sounds sensible, now stick to it.. If you really do you will never be broke... Assuming you are a winning player over infinite time..:)

Also "fixed" your post...
  • Sounds like some very sensible advice in this thread, so I will just rub my hands in anticipation. Now if only I could get AJ's voice out of my head in time for the game tonight . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Sounds like some very sensible advice in this thread, so I will just rub my hands in anticipation. Now if only I could get AJ's voice out of my head in time for the game tonight . . .

Thread obv needs to be locked. :D
  • Played 5, $7-45man games last night, cashed in one but I did win that one. Plus I played the $30K GTD, $5r and cashed for a profit of $45. Its nice to be able to shrug of the bad beats, knowing you still have 200+ buyins behind.
  • Stack em, stack em . . . to the TOP.
  • Nice profit this month

DJGolfcanOctNov2011.jpg
  • Ooooh yes, that is a very nice progress report. Well done, horsey . . . if I had not shipped them all to the Royal Winter Fair, I would give you an apple. Instead, I will provide a suitable adult beverage when next we meet.

Anybody else noticing the prevalence of a certain avatar makes things a tad confusing?
    Anybody else noticing the prevalence of a certain avatar makes things a tad confusing?

Just like the subject of certain avatar...
  • That reminds me, I have some shipping to do. Will get it done today.

Total profit for October, according to OPR was $1905.00, 10% of that will be added to the monthly payment.
  • Mmmmm . . . It's your birthday, but we gets the presents . . . tyvm.
    Mmmmm . . . It's your birthday, but we gets the presents . . . tyvm.

Can't wait for Christmas. :)
  • Nicely done Devon! Keep up the solid work!
  • str82ace wrote: »
    nicely done devon! Keep improving on the solid work!

fyp . . . >:d
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Can't wait for Christmas. :)

It's the most wonderful time of the year . . . updates?
  • Well done, that's a good month
  • Lets hope this past month was equally successful.