The spots I put myself in...

Not really a lot in the way of history here. Doomlance had resqueezed me a few hands prior to this, but nothing significant other than that. I was in the mindset preflop that if I hit my hand, I wasn't going away(barring any obvious reason). SB is super fishy, short stacked. I've been going after him constantly, whenever the table let me.

***** Hand History for Game 68303117797 ***** (Poker Stars)
$100.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Friday, September 30, 10:10:51 ET 2011
Table Ndola IV (Real Money)
Seat 6 is the button
Seat 1: sergshtyrov ( $14.85 USD )
Seat 2: 4KINKACES ( $79.45 USD )
Seat 4: OneTime1Time ( $137.05 USD )
Seat 5: BluffedOnYou ( $47.50 USD )
Seat 6: doomlance ( $208.85 USD )
sergshtyrov posts small blind [$0.50 USD].
4KINKACES posts big blind [$1.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to OneTime1Time [ 9d Jd ]
OneTime1Time raises [$3.00 USD]
BluffedOnYou folds
doomlance calls [$3.00 USD]
sergshtyrov calls [$2.50 USD]
4KINKACES calls [$2.00 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ Js, 8h, 2c ]
sergshtyrov bets [$1.00 USD]
4KINKACES calls [$1.00 USD]
OneTime1Time raises [$5.00 USD]
doomlance raises [$13.00 USD]
sergshtyrov calls [$10.85 USD](All In)
4KINKACES folds
OneTime1Time calls [$8.00 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 3s ]

And go!

I'll post what I ended up doing, most likely tomorrow.

Comments

• without a draw on the board and having top pair med kicker on a draw flop where someone bets, calls, you lead out, and get raise i think you gotta think your quite behind
  • Probably behind, but if your mindset was to go with it then it was probably hard to get away from. I think I fold on his raise and the small all in. At least that way you can see if you were right or wrong without putting more in with a medium strength hand.
  • ILike2Play wrote: »
    Probably behind, but if your mindset was to go with it then it was probably hard to get away from. I think I fold on his raise and the small all in. At least that way you can see if you were right or wrong without putting more in with a medium strength hand.

I do this a fair bit but play full ring. Advised?
    In a multiway pot I want to have a strong hand, stronger than this.
  • What ended up happening?
  • Sorry, I ended up getting drunk last night and slept all day, typical poker player!

In this hand, I completely discredited the small all in. He was super fishy and really could have just about anything here. His VPIP was 65+ iirc.

** Dealing Turn ** [ 3s ]
    OneTime1Time bets [$33.00 USD]
    doomlance folds
    OneTime1Time wins $33.00 USD
    ** Dealing River ** [ 2s ]
    OneTime1Time shows [9d, Jd ]
    OneTime1Time wins $2.30 USD from main pot
    OneTime1Time wins $46.55 USD from main pot
    sergshtyrov doesn't show [Kc, 8d ]

I didn't want to give up and hope for a check-down, which wasn't likely to happen. So I chose to bet. My bet was big, way bigger than it likely needed to be. Even thoughI'm sure I could of achieved the same result with a bet of $22, I was making my hand look much bigger than J9. I'm also making it look like I'm commiting myself, so he folds JT, QJ, KJ. My post analysis on this hand is that DoomLance had T9. He raised the flop in hopes that I'd either fold, or check the turn. If he had raised me on the turn again, I'm done. If he calls on the turn, I'm done.
  • Not really a lot in the way of history here. Doomlance had resqueezed me a few hands prior to this, but nothing significant other than that. I was in the mindset preflop that if I hit my hand, I wasn't going away(barring any obvious reason). SB is super fishy, short stacked. I've been going after him constantly, whenever the table let me.

I don't see a squeeze or a re-squeeze here?
  • That would be why I stated he did it I prior hands. So he has shown aggression towards me, effectively making his flop raise hold less merit. Given his history, I'd say he definitely raises his draws, which is likely what happened in this hand.