60 BB spew?

no real reads, do we raise fold turn?

OnGame - 25/50 NL - Holdem - 10 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: PokerTracker - Online Poker Software, Player Stats Tracking & HUD

MP+2: 1,324.00
LP: 2,845.00
CO: 2,925.00
Hero (BTN): 3,050.00
SB: 2,595.00
BB: 3,745.00
UTG: 3,585.00
UTG+1: 2,040.00
MP: 2,580.00
MP+1: 2,116.00

SB posts SB 25.00, BB posts BB 50.00

Pre Flop: (75.00) Hero has :as :ah

UTG calls 50.00, fold, fold, fold, MP+2 calls 50.00, fold, fold, Hero raises to 250.00, fold, fold, UTG calls 200.00, MP+2 calls 200.00

Flop: (825.00, 3 players) :10c :6d :7s
UTG checks, MP+2 checks, Hero bets 350.00, UTG calls 350.00, fold

Turn: (1525.00, 2 players) :5h
UTG bets 50.00, Hero raises to 600.00, UTG raises to 2,985.00 and is all-in, Hero calls 1,850.00 and is all-in

River: (6425.00, 2 players) :4d

Hero shows As Ah (One Pair, Aces)
UTG shows :8s :9c (Straight, Ten High)
UTG wins 6,425.00

Comments

• raise more pre, bet more flop.
    If you we're good on the flop, we're good on the turn.

5 doesn't change much at all, unless he has exactly 34, 57, or 56.
    More than anything, I think you're against hands like TJ+, T9, 78, T8 etc. and soemtimes T7, 67. If he happens to have exactly 89 then good for him

So if you think you're good, then ship. If not, then flat his 50 for pot control and see what happens on river.
    All in all, I think you played it fine. I can't really see you betting a quarter of your stack then folding here.
  • id like to think we could avoid this but with a guy limp calling 89o i don't think we really have to ....

edit: we can raise more pre but i don't think we need to and i don't think we can pot control on the turn ...i think once the turn bricks were are working on getting it in.....and i like the flop sizing just need to charge combo draws a little...
  • That is why we multi-table :)
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    raise more pre, bet more flop.
    If you we're good on the flop, we're good on the turn.

5 doesn't change much at all, unless he has exactly 34, 57, or 56.
    More than anything, I think you're against hands like TJ+, T9, 78, T8 etc. and soemtimes T7, 67. If he happens to have exactly 89 then good for him

So if you think you're good, then ship. If not, then flat his 50 for pot control and see what happens on river.
    All in all, I think you played it fine. I can't really see you betting a quarter of your stack then folding here.

what's the point in better more on pre or on this texture though?
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    what's the point in better more on pre or on this texture though?

Gets more money in the pot with AA!!!111! YARGH!

Also would make your river call a lot easier to make.

if you raise to say, 350, one of those arsehats is still going to call you, so why not? Flop bet would be about 600 then. Still lose your whole stack in the end, but hey, If he didn't have the nuts, he'd pay you off more monieeees
    which is the point right?
  • I think 250 pre is fine but I'd bet more on the flop too, this board is fairly wet for their limp/calling ranges, they have a lot of pair + gutter type hands that have a lot of equity vs. you. Something between 500 and 650 seems right
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    Gets more money in the pot with AA!!!111! YARGH!

Also would make your river call a lot easier to make.

if you raise to say, 350, one of those arsehats is still going to call you, so why not? Flop bet would be about 600 then. Still lose your whole stack in the end, but hey, If he didn't have the nuts, he'd pay you off more monieeees
    which is the point right?

I doubt they'd call 350 too often, besides, I don't really want to make it 350 with AJ AQ 77 type hands.

As for cbetting small it's just something I've been experimenting with to throw people off, some people tend to play super spewy against those kind of bets and some people tend to always fold and not even think about making a move. either way I think it's interesting to keep people in postflop and use my reading abilities to the max. There are a lot of cards I don't barrel again on
  • I usually only do that with one other player to get them to spew out on their draw. They don't usually spew as often multiway
  • actyper wrote: »
    I usually only do that with one other player to get them to spew out on their draw. They don't usually spew as often multiway

Playing spewy vs small bets isn't only about raising with an inferior hand, it's also about giving action with weak hands like 44 which sometimes happens. Also, it's a very cheap bluff cbet if your reading abilities are good
  • Yes I agree but only when small pots matter. During the early stages why fool around?
  • I mean it's not stated but this is a 320 dollar tournament. It was situational, at the time I figured that against their limpcalling ranges I was either ahead by a good amount, way behind or if neither which was the interesting scenario I had them very worried about their hands. If I could create doubt in their minds about the strength of my hand while getting them to call 1 bet I'd suddenly be in a much stronger position to get stacks in by the river. That was my reasoning at the time anyway, good flop for me generally unless someone hit a set, and I'm in position

Also, with 60 BB's small pots already matter
  • +1 gold star

for thread title tho
  • Sadly putting more in without committing yourself probably doesnt matter based on 50+50+25+50 is 175 then your 250 is 425, so 200 more to it 2.125 to 1 I think...hes connected, Id much perfer suited and connected but hes ONLY looking to break a huge hand, he did that!

Your not the only person this happens to, small ball more often than not works out seeing flops!
  • yeah....except no
  • Trust me, no matter the stakes Im playing...ANY AT ALL, in tourney format I see AA I shove, whats the worst thats going to happen, someone stacks off and you lose or you dont show down at all...Yes this is a tell but meh! I dont advise this, simply based on your not often getting the max so to speak, I do it just so I dont screw it up!...You got unlucky these things happen and thats poker.

Cash game that is different.
  • getem76 wrote: »
    Trust me, no matter the stakes Im playing...ANY AT ALL, in tourney format I see AA I shove, whats the worst thats going to happen, someone stacks off and you lose or you dont show down at all...Yes this is a tell but meh! I dont advise this, simply based on your not often getting the max so to speak, I do it just so I dont screw it up!...You got unlucky these things happen and thats poker.

Cash game that is different.
    gotta rethink what poker is here......

we get dealt the entire deck over a course of some time....and we have 2 types of hands....

losing hands.....and winning hands....

losing hands will always lose so we have to try and loose the least....

winning hands will always win but if we don't extract maximum chips from our opponents then we will be a long time loser compared to our loses......

Aces are our biggest asset and you won't make up for rake, blinds, losing hands, bad beats, bad folds, bad bluffs.....etc....if you just shove them.... :(

how else do we expect to win monies ....???
  • The way I view it is more my image I'm creating, of course. I do well enough for me, I don't suggest for others