Options

the aq debate.....

i think this is a fold or is that crazy....
Poker Stars, $7.34 + $0.66 NL Hold'em Tournament, 50/100 Blinds, 8 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: 1,508
UTG: 2,700
UTG+1: 2,504
MP1: 1,320
MP2: 2,345
CO: 1,445
JodaB. (BTN): 1,933
SB: 1,215

Pre-Flop: (150) Qspadenormal.gif Aclub.gif dealt to JodaB. (BTN)
UTG raises to 200, 2 folds, MP2 raises to 600, JodaB. ???

Comments

• I wouldn't call a 3bet with it without some history behind it. However if there is any place to do it from it's on the button.
  • I wouldn't call a 3bet with it without some history behind it. However if there is any place to do it from it's on the button.
    ok ok..but here we are kinda shove or fold...
  • darbday wrote: »
    ok ok..but here we are kinda shove or fold...

Yes I was talking AQ in general. In this spot it's shove or fold. I would vote fold here without historical reasons to do otherwise..
  • Id shove. but i dont think folding is bad. I for sure shove here at this level though
  • Id shove. but i dont think folding is bad. I for sure shove here at this level though
    ya this is the weird thing...cause before i do the math i remember your stats...........

i can't understand tho because the first guys range has us beat and then 2nds has us crushed.....

sometimes i wonder if this is -ev but the triple up or what likely comes to a 2.5 up is worth more to you becuase you become deepstacked....

but maybe its a no brainer +ev play....

i just think were behind and behinder....

are we saying level as in blind level or skill?
  • skill level. how is the first guys range beating us? you really dont want to see 4 hands. aa, kk, qq, or ak. only one of them is aweful while the other 3 are basically the same. 4 hands!!!! your short, dead money in the middle. I say lets gamble
  • skill level. how is the first guys range beating us? you really dont want to see 4 hands. aa, kk, qq, or ak. only one of them is aweful while the other 3 are basically the same. 4 hands!!!! your short, dead money in the middle. I say lets gamble
    no ya your right first range isn't.....but second has to be 99+ aq+

we 35/65 a dog there..... but if the inital rasier folds there some more money in but not enough i don't think.....plus we can add some for bluff...

if the initial rasier calls..... his opening range is kinda pairs and broadway and some suited aces ...but if he calles your 4bet shove....its some what the same range as above....

i could be wrong but i swear its -ev....but ya ive read a triple up is worth more than a double up and to a good player i imagine its worth more....

i wonder if my math is wrong.....or if its right but the deepstack is worth...the gamble.
  • Aq...ugh...I hate this hand...and especially in this spot. Glad I am not the only one that doesn't hate a shove still though.

I am wondering though if you are giving too much credit to the second guy as well though? It is the early stages of an 8 buck game..some strange things are done here..these two guys can simply be thinking that they are big stack and should be playing loosey goosey. Without history, it's tough to say..but..I have been known to spew so I am on the shove side...I think we are ahead here enough, and at this level, I think there is still fold equity to consider.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Aq...ugh...I hate this hand...and especially in this spot. Glad I am not the only one that doesn't hate a shove still though.

I am wondering though if you are giving too much credit to the second guy as well though? It is the early stages of an 8 buck game..some strange things are done here..these two guys can simply be thinking that they are big stack and should be playing loosey goosey. Without history, it's tough to say..but..I have been known to spew so I am on the shove side...I think we are ahead here enough, and at this level, I think there is still fold equity to consider.
    i think there being fold equity it true but insignificant.....i think its very very little...when a guy 3bet an ep raiser from ep...hes holding a sign that says lets play for stack....i think 2nd raiser rarely folds...and the first one only folds because a 3rd shove looks soo strong...i think the 2nd rasier is more likely to call with a marginal hand than to fold. but with a little dead money in the pot and the possibility of a spewy range....its a tiny mistake at the most i guess....
  • then again...why would we do this....

poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
    LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

JodaB. (MP): $27.66
    CO: $6.22
    BTN: $33.07
    SB: $25
    BB: $12.07
    UTG: $27.88

Pre-Flop: Qdiamond.gif Adiamond.gif dealt to JodaB. (MP)
    UTG folds, JodaB. raises to $0.66, CO raises to $1.25, 2 folds, BB raises to $4.50, JodaB. raises to $27.66 and is All-In, CO folds, BB calls $7.57 and is All-In

Flop: ($25.49) 9spadenormal.gif Jclub.gif 6spadenormal.gif (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: ($25.49) Kspadenormal.gif (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($25.49) Qspadenormal.gif (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $25.49 Pot ($1.27 Rake)
    JodaB. mucked Qdiamond.gif Adiamond.gif and LOST (-$12.07 NET)
    BB showed Aheartnormal.gif Kdiamond.gif and WON $24.22 (+$12.40 NET)
  • cash game way different, easy fold
  • cash game way different, easy fold
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

seriuosly tho.....48bbs effective...with no one else to act....and a 3bet in the pot which is quite possibley dead money.....

anyways...were saying the ranges are different then i guess....is it because were counting on spew sometimes from a tourney player?
  • its a 4 bet not a 3 bet. and cash game players are way tighter!!!!
  • its a 4 bet not a 3 bet. and cash game players are way tighter!!!!

:-\

but to say theyre tighter thats what i needed to hear thx.
  • No fence on this but more and more and more recently AQ is far far overplayed, ITS NOT A HAND its a draw, IE: Jean-robert.....I will take JJ over AQ pretty much everytime on a shoving situation in a SNG, your almost even but if it comes to that.

Im not saying AQ sucks by any means but after you do it 3-4 times AQ is an easy easy fold, play a bunch of PLO seeing AQxx, you will get alot less respect for it in holdem I think.
  • its this what we do?

Poker Stars, $7.34 + $0.66 NL Hold'em Tournament, 15/30 Blinds, 8 Players

CO: 1,456
    BTN: 2,230
    SB: 1,500
    BB: 3,115
    UTG: 1,670
    UTG+1: 1,375
    JodaB. (MP1): 1,500
    MP2: 2,890

Pre-Flop: (45) Qclub.gif Aclub.gif dealt to JodaB. (MP1)
    2 folds, JodaB. raises to 67, MP2 folds, CO raises to 160, BTN calls 160, SB folds, BB calls 130, JodaB. raises to 495, CO raises to 1,456 and is All-In
  • Id flat here prob not trying to get in here this early. In the original you had 19bb at 50/100, this spot is a lot worse but you can still be good here just less likely then the original
  • Id flat here prob not trying to get in here this early. In the original you had 19bb at 50/100, this spot is a lot worse but you can still be good here just less likely then the original
    why did i need you to point that out?
  • you know why :P
  • you know why :P
    swear you said you get it in with 60bbs...but im sure i also got that quote wrong...but meh...ive been missing hella value from aq....in better spots even...guys throwin in like k6s and J9o etc.