Options

super easy flat ...or 3bet get it in?

2 orbits or less...my first raise at table...

Poker Stars, $50 + $5 NL Hold'em Tournament, 1,500/3,000 Blinds, 300 Ante, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: 139,669
MP: 64,263
CO: 196,786
JodaB. (BTN): 132,432
SB: 143,350
BB: 174,018

Pre-Flop: (6,300) Jheartnormal.gif Aheartnormal.gif dealt to JodaB. (BTN)
3 folds, JodaB. raises to 6,750, SB folds, BB raises to 18,000, JodaB ???

Comments

• Seems like an easy enough 4bet to induce
  • I think call his 3bet and see what the flop brings. You have a healthy stack and could probably wait for a better spot to get it in. What stage of the tourney, is this final table? If so, sorry get it in!
  • Might be spewy and such but I kind of never want to fold here, and never want to call.

Guessing Richard wins this thread.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    Seems like an easy enough 4bet to induce
    i have never done this...
  • darbday wrote: »
    i have never done this...

To elaborate a bit I don't like folding to this bet. If we're gonna do that we might as well not bother opening the button.

I don't really like calling this since I'm going to have trouble putting him on a hand and he might be sitting there going "mwehehe, my 68s is very well disguised here"

Raise folding might be ok against some straight forward opponents but I don't like that either without a read. Button vs BB battles can become pretty volatile and he might level himself into shoving a bad hand cause he thinks that we think we're just getting picked on so I can't comfortably raise-fold most of the time

I don't like shoving for pretty obvious reasons, it's just not gonna encourage weaker aces to get it in vs us

Therefore the only option I have left is to make a small 4 bet and hope he spazzes out. Regardless of the result I'm gonna ask myself "Am I gonna feel like a donkey for stacking off 45 BB's Button vs BB with AJs" and since the answer is "not really" for me this is the line I'm gonna go ahead and take. I'm not loving it though
  • Richard summed it up well. I think AJss is as thin as you should want to 4B get it in here vs an average $55 opponent, folding is too weak / exploitable.

The only thing I would add is that calling is also bad because it can let him bluff us off the best hand when we whiff flop which happens way too often
  • ok ok....ima use it next time...i feel like ive never played ajs before this
  • Scotty12 wrote: »
    Richard summed it up well. I think AJss is as thin as you should want to 4B get it in here vs an average $55 opponent, folding is too weak / exploitable.

The only thing I would add is that calling is also bad because it can let him bluff us off the best hand when we whiff flop which happens way too often
    thx!
    ok ok....ima use it next time...i feel like ive never played ajs before this

umm, this comment feels like a recipe for disaster XD

I'm will not be held responsible for any stacks spewed ^^'
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    umm, this comment feels like a recipe for disaster XD

I'm will not be held responsible for any stacks spewed ^^'
    well....im sure as $h!t not taking responsibility for it?

what do i type in the chat after 6 bet getting it in with ajs vs AA and flopping my nut flush...

metagame?
    Jedi's don't need cards?
    You played your hand soooo face up donkey?
  • You type "why the hell would you get it in with one pair vs my flush.... noob"
    well....im sure as $h!t not taking responsibility for it?

what do i type in the chat after 6 bet getting it in with ajs vs AA and flopping my nut flush...

metagame?
    Jedi's don't need cards?
    You played your hand soooo face up donkey?

'ul, gg' or nothing at all

• betrthanphil from 2 months ago says lets 4 bet induce. the betrthanphil of today feels very strong about playing pots in position. So I call, but Im pretty tricky like that now a days, its kinda fun making people squirm postflop as most people are getting use to preflop pressure. Post flop pressure is the new thing, im an early adopter lol
  • Readless I'm shoving. F it. Suck out on him.